All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
Macros20 Jun 18, 2013 @ 3:59pm
Generous Steam users
I've heard of a few Steam users who selflessly give out Steam Keys for people daily, so here's the question, why? Do you enjoy bringing good fortune to other people? Do you not really mind giving people games on Steam?
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
muckymucks Jun 18, 2013 @ 4:03pm 
I've done it a few times. Sometimes I buy a bundle and I already have one of the games so I give the extra code out in a forum for whoever wants it.

Other times A Humble Bundle is so cheap and good I'll buy an extra and give out the codes. It doesn't cost me much and chances are it'll make someone's day.
I've not given out anything just randomly. However, I have bought a few games for friends. *shrugs*
Dreakon13 Jun 18, 2013 @ 4:46pm 
If I give away any games, it's usually for contributor value on SteamGifts.

That said, I actually have a few keys from bundles and stuff that wouldn't net me much of anything on SteamGifts anyways... they'll likely be given to friends somewhere down the line. Games are just so darn cheap on PC.
Last edited by Dreakon13; Jun 18, 2013 @ 4:47pm
Culgan Jun 18, 2013 @ 5:28pm 
Just trying to be nice. No other reason really.
compy. Jun 18, 2013 @ 5:34pm 
I feel that there is someone out there who might enjoy the game more then me so I just feel like sharing with them the joy of playing the game. (Note - This doesn't mean add me for free games thats not what im saying)
Mr. Fibble Jun 18, 2013 @ 5:38pm 
Sometimes a humble bundle is bought for a particular game or two and you then end up with doubles so rather than the codes going to waste there's a choice to either pass the code on or trade it for a different game.

Other reason would be if I'm in a good mood for some reason or other I might think well why not.

Hopefully the recipient uses the gift and enjoys the game rather than trading it on but if you think that way you likely wouldnt be giving games away in the first place.
Wilimac Jun 18, 2013 @ 6:05pm 
Do good and Good will be brought onto you.
76561198038222041 Jun 18, 2013 @ 6:42pm 
I do it all the time on my stream. I like giving away games and it gets me viewers.
I think I bought 3 games and gave 'em away. They were cheap, and there was a goodwill thread on the forum I went to, so I decided why not.
Macros20 Jun 19, 2013 @ 2:26am 
Originally posted by Wilimac:

Words to live by. Thanks for your responces so far guys :)
Valryx Jun 19, 2013 @ 3:04am 
some people like making people happy, some want to watch the world burn. :borderlands2:
Mr. Fibble Jun 19, 2013 @ 3:58am 
Originally posted by Wilimac:

There's also the pay it forward aspect, as cheesy as the movie was it's a pretty decent concept.
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50

All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
Date Posted: Jun 18, 2013 @ 3:59pm