Wombat has a Wet Leaf Mar 4, 2013 @ 4:23pm
Best Indie Games?
There are SO MANY that it is so hard to keep up with the great ones.
I recently had a "craving" for these type of games and I'm trying to find the gems so to speak of this genre.
Share your favorites. :)

I already know of Super Meat Boy, Binding of Isaac, Journey, Fez, Terraria, Minecraft, Braid, FTL, Hotline Miami, Limbo, and Awesomenauts. Others?
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Ûvatha Mar 4, 2013 @ 4:41pm 
Dungeon Defenders and Defense Grid
shap Mar 4, 2013 @ 4:43pm 
Codename Gordon or Bad Rats
Kablam0 Mar 4, 2013 @ 4:59pm 
Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Penumbra series, Miasmata, E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy (an aquired taste).
Last edited by Kablam0; Mar 4, 2013 @ 5:02pm
Wombat has a Wet Leaf Mar 4, 2013 @ 5:03pm 
Amnesia and Penumbra are considered indie??? Hmm...
Coyote Mar 4, 2013 @ 5:07pm 
i like the art-y ones. how about the Path, Lucius, and Edna and Harvey.
Hawkes Mar 4, 2013 @ 5:59pm 
Mark of the ninja and Don't satrve are really good games
But im not sure if Klei entertainment is techinially indie dev or not i think they are?

edit: i also want to throw in Reccetear an item shops tale Cave story+ and bastion.
Also castle crashers as well
Last edited by Hawkes; Mar 4, 2013 @ 6:02pm
Kablam0 Mar 4, 2013 @ 8:38pm 
Originally posted by TheFlyingWombat:
Amnesia and Penumbra are considered indie??? Hmm...

Frictional Games is both the developer and publisher. They are 'independent' of a major developer and publisher. What exactly is your definition of 'independent' or 'indie'?
Leonem Mar 5, 2013 @ 4:46am 
Lone Survivor!
Oxybeles Mar 7, 2013 @ 7:30pm 
Battle Mines!

battlemines.com

Battle Mines is a newly released indie by Red Asteroid Games - it is sort of a civilization building type game, where you inhabit a city-sized tank in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. You can build various defenses, attack methods, and support buildings; toss enriched uranium and ICBMs at people; and achieve world domination through various avenues. If you get bored, build a Doomsday Device and blow up the planet! Join our persistent world at www.battlemines.com, and help us grow - some day we may even get Battle Mines Greenlighted!
Last edited by Oxybeles; Mar 7, 2013 @ 7:38pm
Marksinator Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:32pm 
if you want to an old, free but really good horror kind of indie game then here you go, the company that made it disbanded, but kept the site running and the game free
its called the white chamber

http://www.studiotrophis.com/
Last edited by Marksinator; Mar 8, 2013 @ 10:33pm
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 4, 2013 @ 4:23pm