Todas as discussões > Fóruns Steam > Off Topic > Detalhes do tópico
Diggles 4 mar. 2013 às 14:22
DayZ, Sniper Elite v2 Zombies, The Witcher 2 or L.A Noire Hmm :O
I am undergoing a difficult decision for which game to buy on steam, any help appreciated :D
I know these games are entirely different and it really is up to preference, nevertheless, I would like to hear your views
Última alteração por Diggles; 4 mar. 2013 às 14:24
< >
A mostrar 1-10 de 10 comentários
λ | Feitan 4 mar. 2013 às 15:25 
If you haves a good PC and you like RPG The Witcher 2 is obvious ;)
Bikes 4 mar. 2013 às 15:29 
Sniper elite zombies looks really mediocre from the gameplay I've seen of it. L.A Noire also never really captivated me. Havn't gotten to playing Witcher 2 yet, but that gets suggested a lot so it's probably worth a try. As for DayZ do you mean the stand alone or arma 2's mod.
If you want DayZ, then wait for the standalone game that is currently slated to release this holiday season. To play it now, you would have to spend $25 and get Arma 2 Combined Operations to play a really glitchy, clearly alpha mod that will prove woefully inferior to the standalone.

Sniper Elite V2 Zombies is a standalone expansion to the full game (you don't need the full game) that is $15. I would not recommend it - it has mediocre reviews and if you want some good zombie action, go get yourself Left 4 Dead 2, hell, maybe even Killing Floor, but not this. I have played the demo for the full game, and using the mechanics and sniping gameplay from that would be TERRIBLE for a zombie shooter.

The Witcher 2 is widely renown as a fantastic RPG game it currently is $20. I'd recommend it based on the reviews I've seen but I have heard that the gameplay is difficult to learn and at times a bit clunky. Also, I think there is story continuity between the first game and the second, so you would need to get that as well, which is $10 I think. This is a series I really want to get into, but because of highly obscene sexual content which does not agree with me for certain reasons.

L.A. Noire is $20 and it is a fantastic 1940's police detective game. I have heard it is a fabulous game and if you're a fan of crime movies like The Godfather or the Untouchables, imagine one of those from the perspective of a detective. It has a great story and the technology behind the game (the facial rendering in particular) is phenomenal. However, this also has some obscene content, but since it isn't really sexual (nude dead bodies) I might pick it up.

Personally, I would recommend my top three favorite games: Fallout 3, Sleeping Dogs, and Bioshock.

Fallout 3 is a post-nuclear-apocalyptic game that is unconceivably fantastic. The lore, backstory, and whole game is.... is.... pure ecstacy for me. LOVE IT. Game of the Year is $20 and the base game is $10. Get GOTY.

Sleeping Dogs is $40 and I absolutely love it. You're an undercover cop infiltrating the main crime family of Hong Kong to dismantle it from within. As the game progresses, your loyalty is skewed through fantastic storytelling, and morality is no longer black and white. There is a BIG focus on melee combat and guns are practically non-existent for the first 5 hours of the game. I just hope they make a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ SEQUEL.

Bioshock is $20 and Bioshock Infinite is just around the corner. The game has great graphics and the art style is beautiful. The gameplay is great. The story is regarded as the best video game narrative, as it explores "mature" philosophical themes such as colonialism, capitalism, the whole "a man chooses, a slave obeys", and the mind-controlling "would you kindly" phrase. Love it. LOVE IT. Can't wait for Infinite.
MayhemMike 4 mar. 2013 às 17:54 
Don't buy SEv2 Zombies, read this and you'll see why:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/04/i-played-sniper-elite-nazi-zombie-army-for-half-an-hour/

DayZ: Great game but there will be a stand-alone (lots of extras) version this year so you might want to wait for that.
LA Noire - Tried it, but didn't really like it, got a bit boring after a while
Witcher 2 - really impressive with an outstanding storyline
Última alteração por MayhemMike; 4 mar. 2013 às 17:55
@MayhemMike
Hahah. One does not simply applaud great storyline in Witcher 2 and shrug off great storyline in LA Noire.

:D
MayhemMike 4 mar. 2013 às 18:12 
Originalmente postado por TheFlyingWombat:
..... This is a series I really want to get into, but because of highly obscene sexual content which does not agree with me for certain reasons....

Tbh, I think the sexual content was just hyped by the media. I expected more but encountered only 1 or 2 scenes during the whole game.(One can even be avoided and the other one was a harmless cutscene without "details")
Diggles 4 mar. 2013 às 23:25 
Thanks for all your help :) it will help me make a decision, when I have, I will tell you all :D
Jawaka 4 mar. 2013 às 23:34 
The Witcher 2
G00N3R 5 mar. 2013 às 3:39 
I guess it depends. If you like challenging but fun gameplay, deep combat system, interesting characters and an entertaining plot that affects your character personally as well as the political landscape of an entire kingdom, while at the same time having the ability to influence that plot through your choices, all with fantastic graphical eye candy ... buy The Witcher 2.

If, on the other hand, you don't like those things, buy any of the other games.

tl,dr: honestly its not even close, TW2 is vastly superior to those other games in every way.
Diggles 5 mar. 2013 às 9:02 
I bought both L.A Noire and the Witcher 2 lads, Thanks :D
< >
A mostrar 1-10 de 10 comentários
Por página: 1530 50

Todas as discussões > Fóruns Steam > Off Topic > Detalhes do tópico
Postado a: 4 mar. 2013 às 14:22
Comentários: 10