Shikhar 5 MAR 2013 a las 19:24
[SOLVED]VALVE Complete pack. To buy or not to buy...
Guys,I am in a dilemma here,confused if valve complete is really worth 99.99$?? I already have dota2 and portal 2. I can get orange box(retail) for only 13$ in India.Hence,Is CS and L4D worth it?I don't have many of my friends on steam... Also Are the Half Life games good?? Please give me suggestions.

EDIT: Thanks everyone for the reply, got the games in different packs and got the steam custom bundle in the last summer sale. Have come a long way from 2013 lol.. now I can give others advice on steam sales xD
Última edición por Shikhar; 25 DIC 2017 a las 12:21
< >
Mostrando 1-15 de 23 comentarios
Spawn of Totoro 5 MAR 2013 a las 19:30 
DOTA2 is free to play and won't be included in the pack.

If you only have portal 2, then you have to ask your self "will I play all of these games?".

If yes, then get the pack or wait for a sale (should be one coming up in the next few months).

If no, then pick the pack with the games you want in it. Do the math. Is the pack cheaper then the games you want?
Shikhar 5 MAR 2013 a las 19:32 
Thanks for the reply... And I don't really have any Idea if I wanna buy the games..That's why I came to discuss.. ... Btw when is the sale coming??
Also.. Dota 2 is in in the pack for 29.99$... but I already got for free through a generous guy who was giving away Dota 2..
Última edición por Shikhar; 5 MAR 2013 a las 19:36
Spawn of Totoro 5 MAR 2013 a las 19:37 
Publicado originalmente por Shikhar Varshney:
Thanks for the reply... And I don't really have any Idea if I wanna buy the games.. :'( ... Btw when is the sale coming??
Also.. Dota 2 is in in the pack for 29.99$... but I already got for free through a generous guy who was giving away Dota 2..

Dota 2 its self will be free to play. The one in the pack contains in-game items. That is where it gets it's value from. The one you got from your friends didn't give you any items.

Easter is right around the corner as well as spring. I would say a spring sale is on it's way.
Última edición por Spawn of Totoro; 5 MAR 2013 a las 19:37
Shikhar 5 MAR 2013 a las 19:40 
Ohhh!! I didn't know that.. What about the other games? How are they, to play in 2013... Like Half-Life or L4d or CS??
Spawn of Totoro 5 MAR 2013 a las 19:43 
Ohhh!! I didn't know that.. What about the other games? How are they, to play in 2013... Like Half-Life or L4d or CS??

CS 1.6 plays fine, though visualy a bit dated. Half-life, Blue Shift and the Opposing Force offer a good story that continues in Half-life 2 and episode 1 and 2.

Left for Dead 1/2 was fun when I played with my wife and brother in-law. No so much without people you know.

Portal 1 was just as fun as Portal 2, though no multiplayer.

Was never into Day of Defeat myself.

Team fortress 2 is free to play.

That is all I can reneber off the top of my head.
Última edición por Spawn of Totoro; 5 MAR 2013 a las 19:46
Shikhar 5 MAR 2013 a las 19:47 
Oh..well I think I will wait for the sale.. and before that do the "math". Any more suggestions are highly welcomed..
Spawn of Totoro 5 MAR 2013 a las 19:48 
Oh..well I think I will wait for the sale.. and before that do the "math". Any more suggestions are highly welcomed..

Personaly, I'd go for this pack: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/715/

and get Portal 1 when it is on sale. That's me though.
Shikhar 5 MAR 2013 a las 19:54 
Hmm..good pack,but does it also go on sale?? 39.99 is too much for me..
Spawn of Totoro 5 MAR 2013 a las 19:56 
Hmm..good pack,but does it also go on sale?? 39.99 is too much for me..

It drops to $20 every now and then. Usualy during big sales. Possibly the Spring sale (not 100% sure they will have it, but likely will.).
Shikhar 5 MAR 2013 a las 20:16 
ohh,what about CS and L4D?? I really wanna get CS:GO may as well get the others...
Spawn of Totoro 5 MAR 2013 a las 20:18 
ohh,what about CS and L4D?? I really wanna get CS:GO may as well get the others...

I stopped playing CS a long time ago. CS:GO has gone for less then $8 before. I've seen L4D2 as low a $5.
Shikhar 5 MAR 2013 a las 20:22 
Thanks,so I just have to keep checking steam sale regularly for the games right...
Última edición por Shikhar; 5 MAR 2013 a las 20:22
Spawn of Totoro 5 MAR 2013 a las 20:23 
Thanks,so I just have to keep checking stesm regularly for the games right...

Yep. Steam always has good sales. The best are around christmas.
Ûvatha 6 MAR 2013 a las 3:03 
you don't have to buy it via steam. Old games are usually sold cheaper on other stores.
Shikhar 6 MAR 2013 a las 4:48 
well..i dont have to many "other" stores in my locality.. :(
< >
Mostrando 1-15 de 23 comentarios
Por página: 1530 50

Publicado el: 5 MAR 2013 a las 19:24