Nighthawk7397 Dec 2, 2012 @ 6:46am
Anyone Want to Die laughing at Console Gamers?
Showing 1-15 of 36 comments
< >
SteventheSlayer Dec 2, 2012 @ 8:34am 
Not really. All the "console gameres" i know are also PC gamers. And they're also my friends.
Dreakon Dec 2, 2012 @ 8:41am 
After not watching the video; no I don't.

Console gamers are smarter than PC gamers in the end, they play the same modern, HD games for $300 instead of $700+. Plus all the sports games and console exclusives that never grace our PC monitors.

The only upside to PC gaming, and the reason I'm here, is because I see value in understanding the components of a PC and how it's built. If our PC's break, we can troubleshoot and fix them, not to mention upgrade them, at minimal expense... as opposed to console gamers whose hands are tied if the disc tray doesn't open.
Last edited by Dreakon; Dec 2, 2012 @ 8:45am
Nighthawk7397 Dec 2, 2012 @ 8:43am 
yeah i guess your right, i just thought it was kinda funny :(
Dreakon Dec 2, 2012 @ 8:44am 
Maybe I should watch the video... lol
Nighthawk7397 Dec 2, 2012 @ 8:45am 
lol maybe
GunsOfAPatriot Dec 2, 2012 @ 8:57am 
This is a really silly way to convince PC gamers that consoles are the better platform. I have a 360 and a PS3 both of them have pros and cons. I have had 6 Xbox's due to the red ring of death and 2 PS3's got the yellow light of death, so when they say "What are you going to do when your PC craps out" I will just replace the item that is broke, unlike my consoles where I had to buy new one's as they were past their warranty.

Also the games they were showing you and saying " Look this was game of the year and it was on consoles" Is a very childish way of presenting an arguement, they should be saying " As you can see some of these games were not available on PC, and we encourage you to aleast try some of these games out and realize you can have just as much fun on a console ,as you can on PC"

I only buy games on my console if they are exclusive, if they are not I will always buy on pc.
Nighthawk7397 Dec 2, 2012 @ 8:59am 
I agree with what you say entirely
Kossetsu Dec 2, 2012 @ 10:07pm 
Okay. They lost all of their credibility when they said that Blizzard was the only good PC developer left. I'm not saying that Blizzard is bad, I'm saying if that's the only developer they know - they don't know what they're talking about.

I own all the consoles AND a PC. I play whichever one has the most enjoyable games at the time. The superiority debate coming from CONSOLE gamers is laughable.

Now please watch this.
n.wottawa Dec 3, 2012 @ 7:55am 
Don`t know why I should...Someone like to play Console, someone prefer the Pc...
Most Gamer`s enjoy bost!
Pc is the best to performance, Console is the best to play with others...
What do you want to know ?
Don`t you like one of them, then tell it, don`t ask boring Questions!
[MRA] Blackoutzz Dec 3, 2012 @ 2:30pm 
♥♥♥♥ Console GAMER!!! Epic days to come !
Nighthawk7397 Dec 3, 2012 @ 2:59pm 
I have an xbox aswell, i dont think that it is that bad, i am not saying that they are that bad i just thought it was funny how the bashed the pc's
Keonyn Dec 3, 2012 @ 3:00pm 
Originally posted by Dreakon:
After not watching the video; no I don't.

Console gamers are smarter than PC gamers in the end, they play the same modern, HD games for $300 instead of $700+. Plus all the sports games and console exclusives that never grace our PC monitors.

The only upside to PC gaming, and the reason I'm here, is because I see value in understanding the components of a PC and how it's built. If our PC's break, we can troubleshoot and fix them, not to mention upgrade them, at minimal expense... as opposed to console gamers whose hands are tied if the disc tray doesn't open.

Not quite. The console hardware is generally lesser than PC hardware and supported hardware and as it ages there is little you can really do about it aside from wait for the next console. An average PC will play most current games as any console will, but few consoles can play those same games as well as a quality PC will.

Of course, you're right in that there are plenty of console exclusives out there, but there is also plenty of PC exclusives you aren't going to get on the consoles; so that point is really pretty weak at best. Besides, most people have a computer already to some degree, so the comparison of costs is somewhat irrelevant since a console plus a minimal PC or laptop will run about the same as just a gaming PC.

Console gamers could be considered cheaper, or even more frugal than PC gamers; but smarter? Hardly. In the end it's a matter of preference regarding a number of factors. One choice isn't "smarter" than the other, it's more a matter of which choice is more right for that individual. Personally I've lost interest in the console market and game exclusively on PC, but there was a time (PS2's heydays) where I console gamed far more than PC. It's just now consoles no longer meet my needs as well as my PC does.

As for the video, it's just flawed fanboys takes on platforms they don't personally care for. Those people have about as much credibility as North Korea and every Unicorn in their stables.
Last edited by Keonyn; Dec 3, 2012 @ 3:01pm
Dreakon Dec 3, 2012 @ 4:29pm 
Originally posted by Keonyn:
Not quite. The console hardware is generally lesser than PC hardware and supported hardware and as it ages there is little you can really do about it aside from wait for the next console. An average PC will play most current games as any console will, but few consoles can play those same games as well as a quality PC will.

Of course, you're right in that there are plenty of console exclusives out there, but there is also plenty of PC exclusives you aren't going to get on the consoles; so that point is really pretty weak at best. Besides, most people have a computer already to some degree, so the comparison of costs is somewhat irrelevant since a console plus a minimal PC or laptop will run about the same as just a gaming PC.

Console gamers could be considered cheaper, or even more frugal than PC gamers; but smarter? Hardly. In the end it's a matter of preference regarding a number of factors. One choice isn't "smarter" than the other, it's more a matter of which choice is more right for that individual. Personally I've lost interest in the console market and game exclusively on PC, but there was a time (PS2's heydays) where I console gamed far more than PC. It's just now consoles no longer meet my needs as well as my PC does.
1. An "average" PC that can play modern titles is still twice the cost of a console, if not three times as much at the end of a console generation. You can argue that consoles die quicker, you have to buy the next generation as it comes out, and there's literally no means of troubleshooting them if there's a problem... but you can spend a lot more time and money on DOA computer parts (whether building new or upgrading) if you're unlucky.

2. The only exclusives on the PC worth a damn? Strategy games, action RPG's and MMO's. That of which the market is mostly cornered by Blizzard. Nothing against Blizzard, but I like my platform exclusives to come out at a faster pace than once every 10 years. On a personal level, I really don't like those genres (though I'll probably give Diablo III a shot once my computer is built). On a general level, those games don't match the unique-ness and creativity behind games like LittleBigPlanet and Heavy Rain. Uncharted, Halo, Killzone, later Gears of War games... for shooter and action-adventure fans. Sports titles are pretty much exclusive to console, at least NHL and Madden. League of Legends? DotA2? How many times can you re-invent a Warcraft 3 mod?

The only upside to the PC in this regard are it's access to older titles via emulators, and the golden years of it's past (the original Fallout's, Baldur's Gate, etc)... but how long can you live in the past? PC gaming desperately needs a shot in the arm. Steam is pretty much the only reason PC gaming still has a chance... and ironically, it's because it's pretty much a PC version of Xbox Live or PSN. That and the ♥♥♥♥♥in' deals.

3. It's a personal opinion, for sure. I'm moving to PC gaming, but mostly because I really want to get a better grasp on how computers work and how to build them. My career is on computers, so the more I know the better I'll be. Plus, it's fun and most of my console favorites are on PC as well. ;)

I do think console gamers, simply looking at it from a gaming perspective, are probably making the more cost-effective decision.
Last edited by Dreakon; Dec 3, 2012 @ 4:37pm
ttoX Dec 3, 2012 @ 7:55pm 
lol well its already been announced that the ps4 and xbox 720 are going to be behind current high end pc's, I believe the number quoted was in a $1000 price range. That was announced by AMD as they are the hardware going into these systems this round. That article came out a few months back and these systems are due for 2014.
Crom Dec 3, 2012 @ 8:29pm 
Console Gamerz are annoying!! They are such N0OB$!!!!!!!
Showing 1-15 of 36 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 2, 2012 @ 6:46am