sagakarikikkaru Feb 1, 2013 @ 3:49am
Free to play mmorpg's?
Good day people, I'm looking for a good mmorpg to get into. My prefrences are character creation (optional), a good story (optional), and engaging combat. What I mean by engaging combat is where I do not simply click an enemy to attack. I would like something reminiscent to console rpg's where it's a little action oriented in battle with combos (Essential). You guys and gals have any suggestions?
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
robikasztar Feb 1, 2013 @ 6:12am 
Yes there is.

It's becoming free on the 5th of February.

TERA's the name of the game. Here's a link: http://tera.enmasse.com/?lang=en
Mattie MkIV Feb 1, 2013 @ 7:22am 
I was going to comment about Tera but ^ that guy beat me to it. But to reiterate what he said, it's pretty much exactly what you described, and is going free to play on the 5th. You can also download the trial for the game and have your progress carried over into the full free game when the change happens so you could go play it right now.
Last edited by Mattie MkIV; Feb 1, 2013 @ 7:34am
robikasztar Feb 1, 2013 @ 7:49am 
Maybe next time Mattie. :D
DenverNick Feb 1, 2013 @ 9:58am 
Awesome news, I own this game, but didn't play it enough to justify paying the monthly fee. Now I can play it on my own time!
Kuroneko Feb 1, 2013 @ 2:20pm 
Personally for real time combat I thought Dragon Nest was more fun than TERA. I only played the trial of TERA but the pace seemed pretty slow for a RTC game, compared to DN.

Vindictus is also not bad if you don't like Dragon Nest's more anime/cartoon style.
Hawkes Feb 1, 2013 @ 2:33pm 
sounds like Phantasy star online 2 might be just the kind of game your looking for it's going to be a F2P MMO and it's going to have a great charecter creator from what ive been reading and the gameplay looks extremly fun only issue is the is not realesed yet in the West its only out in japan if you want to mess around with it you can download the JP version and play it if not its supposed to be realsed in NA and eroupe somtime this year.
Also there are a ton of gameplay videos of it on youtube check it out somtime
Last edited by Hawkes; Feb 1, 2013 @ 2:34pm
sagakarikikkaru Feb 2, 2013 @ 11:38am 
I actually played Dragon Nest not too long ago. The character creation left alot to be desired and the overall game was pretty boring. I may take a look at Tera though. And I've played alot of Phantasy Star Online in my days and I can safely say I wouldn't mind jumping back into that kind of action.
SoloBladexer May 20, 2013 @ 8:00pm 
I think Dragon Nest and Vindictus are pretty much the same thing, but different animations and button shortcuts, with DN being a bit more user friendly.
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 1, 2013 @ 3:49am