All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
Tim May 9, 2013 @ 3:54am
What genre of games can you not stand?
I've never been able to get into strategy games. Literally, it doesn't matter how highly rated they are, I just don't bother with them anymore.

Every other genre is fair game.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 32 comments
☮ ραтяισт ☮ May 9, 2013 @ 4:09am 
RTS (Multiplayer). Though I have finished older C&C games ...
Dota, LoL and such ...
Last edited by ☮ ραтяισт ☮; May 9, 2013 @ 4:10am
1(:MOHANAD:)1 May 9, 2013 @ 4:20am 
me 2
APerfectCircle May 9, 2013 @ 4:24am 
moba and pure fps
jeypee May 9, 2013 @ 4:44am 
turn based rpg
Sharisad May 9, 2013 @ 6:48am 
"Can't stand" is a bit harsh, but there are some I seldom or never play: sports and real-time strategy. I can appreciate good turn-based strategy games however; RTS is often too hectic especially in multiplayer. Even if I tried I would never be able to beat the nerds dedicating their lives to these games and eventually earning their living with it like the Koreans apparently do.

I am not too much into casual puzzle games either. "Bigger" titles like Portal and Antichamber however seem interesting. Jump 'n runs are rare on my list too, but I can enjoy them if they stand out in special ways like Braid or Limbo did.

Not a genre but a game type: Korean MMORPGs. There are like ten millions of those on the market and they all look and feel the same. All about grinding, all with unispiring 3D stereotype anime graphics, all F2P plagued by cheaters, botters, goldfarmers, lags and horrible support and no story or meaningful depth whatsoever. I will never ever waste my time with these games anymore.
Last edited by Sharisad; May 9, 2013 @ 6:52am
Spawn of Totoro May 9, 2013 @ 6:50am 
Defence of the Ancients style (can't remeber what it is called) and "Artsy" type games. The Art ones put me to sleep.

Second would be sports. Never liked sports.

F2P would be third on the list. I'll still play a few, but over all, I would rather pay for the full game most the time. Not to mention the majority are p2w.
Last edited by Spawn of Totoro; May 9, 2013 @ 6:51am
CLOSED May 9, 2013 @ 7:07am 
I play all genres really but the MMO is the most frustrating by far.
Smörgås May 9, 2013 @ 10:49am 
Sports games usually. I just can't get into them. Although I did enjoy NBA Jam on the SNES way back in the day.
Universalerror May 9, 2013 @ 10:54am 
Not really that into sports games because I follow no sport at all and don't know my ronaldo from my ronaldinio. I can't really enjoy them unless I actually know a bit about them.
Nightmare Sasha May 9, 2013 @ 10:58am 
Not into sports
NetiYeti May 9, 2013 @ 2:13pm 
I kinda dislike most sports games, moba games, and most first person shooters - mind you, some of them I dislike only because I tend to get motion sickness if I play more than 10-15 min at a time
Shortwing the Avali May 9, 2013 @ 2:15pm 
Dellicious May 9, 2013 @ 2:31pm 
All the LoL & DOTA style ♥♥♥♥♥.
Curtis@HeroesofTalon May 9, 2013 @ 2:45pm 
Sports, some puzzle games, music games and sometimes racing games. For some reason those just completely and utterly bore me.
Grand Admiral Traya May 9, 2013 @ 2:52pm 
sports, racing,mmos, war games, modern style rpgs, modern fps
< >
Showing 1-15 of 32 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
Date Posted: May 9, 2013 @ 3:54am