REAL NIGGA Apr 18, 2013 @ 9:16pm
Whats a good cheap mouse for gaming?
under 25 and whats a good dpi?
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Rubik748 Apr 19, 2013 @ 8:45am 
Microsoft basic optical mouse. Has never failed me other than the right button cover started to press on the middle mouse wheel after a year. Shaved off the bit touching the wheel and is all good now.

Its not been dpi that bothered me. Its always been the differences in first person shooters. Some games lag the mouse and no setting tweaks can ever fix it (i.e. Killing Floor). Whereas other games the mouse is spot on.

There is also a problem with the more expensive "gaming mice" that aren't as good as people claim. That and the surface you use a mouse on. A mouse can work but won't work on a particular surface or mouse mat.
[TS♥] Cougarmint Apr 19, 2013 @ 9:27am 
Me? I use the mouse that came with my computer. A good mouse from microsoft or logitech can be picked up for as little as $10.

For gaming though, I suggest a corded USB or serial mouse, which ever is more convienent for you. Having a wireless mouse is not a good idea only because if the batteries die on that thing while you're in the middle of a game... well, needless to say it's frustrating.
Wowie Apr 19, 2013 @ 9:35am 
Originally posted by ЯтR Sgt. Cougarmint:
Having a wireless mouse is not a good idea only because if the batteries die on that thing while you're in the middle of a game... well, needless to say it's frustrating.
My wireless mouse has a battery life of two years (on two AA batteries!), and lets you know when the batteries are dying a month in advance. The efficiency of wireless mice has jumped by leaps and bounds in the last few years. I prefer wireless because A} You can't tangle the cord on anything, and B} There is no cord to resist vertical movement. When A and B combine, suddenly being unable to look down because the cord got stuck on something behind the desk while you're in the middle of a game... well, needles (curse you autocorrect!) needless to say, it's frustrating. That being said, you can't pick up a good wireless mouse for just $10. Mine was $50 when I bought it.
Last edited by Wowie; Apr 19, 2013 @ 9:40am
[TS♥] Cougarmint Apr 19, 2013 @ 9:38am 
Really? the last time I bought a wireless mouse was about 2 years ago. Maybe I'll look into it again when my mouse dies.

Nonetheless, I've never had a problem with the cord getting stuck on something.
Curtis@HeroesofTalon Apr 19, 2013 @ 10:31am 
To be honest I never really have an issue with mice, but right now I'm using a Leviathan Laser Gaming Mouse from the company or set or something called Dragonwar. It seems pretty decent, although I've only been using it for a few weeks so far.
❤Luca❤ May 18, 2013 @ 4:53am 
I got an old mouse from hama but it works great!
Wayfarer May 20, 2013 @ 4:54pm 
Logitech Wireless m510. I've been using it for three years and it still works fine. The battery has only had to be changed a couple of times, and it's a pretty decent size too. I picked it up for less than 30 bucks and It has been my favorite mouse of all time. It's barely showing any signs of wear. It also has two thumb buttons, and horizontal scrolling buttons (on the middle click button) that can be reassigned, that I use for games like Dota 2 where I can assign the buttons to hotkeys and inventory slots. When I'm not playing games, the thumb buttons are set to lower and raise the volume which is a huge convenience in itself. The drivers that come with it allow you to change the function of any of the buttons or even set them to key strokes. Or you could set up application specific modes for your mouse to have a different layout with every program.
I highly reccomend this mouse :D
OctoberWulf May 20, 2013 @ 5:08pm 
I use a small logitech wireless mouse that only cost around 15$ but it works great. Personally Any microsoft mice I've used burn out quickly.
moron May 20, 2013 @ 5:10pm 
kana
Dinodazer May 21, 2013 @ 9:52am 
It might be a bit expensive, but the Sharkoon Fireglider mouse is fantastic for gaming.
[TS♥] Cougarmint May 21, 2013 @ 12:09pm 
Originally posted by Crysr:
Logitech Wireless m510. I've been using it for three years and it still works fine. The battery has only had to be changed a couple of times, and it's a pretty decent size too. I picked it up for less than 30 bucks and It has been my favorite mouse of all time. It's barely showing any signs of wear. It also has two thumb buttons, and horizontal scrolling buttons (on the middle click button) that can be reassigned, that I use for games like Dota 2 where I can assign the buttons to hotkeys and inventory slots. When I'm not playing games, the thumb buttons are set to lower and raise the volume which is a huge convenience in itself. The drivers that come with it allow you to change the function of any of the buttons or even set them to key strokes. Or you could set up application specific modes for your mouse to have a different layout with every program.
I highly reccomend this mouse :D

I just got a Logitech M510 myself after my work mouse blew up (I am required by work to have a wired mouse for security reasons) so my gaming computer mouse had to go to my work computer; it became a pain to move the mouse between computers. I found the M510 at a Best buy and fell in love with the shape. I was a little reluctant to get it at first because as previously stated, I had trouble with wireless mice simply dying on me without warning. But I decided to give wireless mice another go and wow... I agree, this one really delivers. It was worth the $25 I paid in my opinion.
[Gorilla Squad]DaGhost May 21, 2013 @ 7:20pm 
Stop being cheap invest in something you will use forever!
[TS♥] Cougarmint May 22, 2013 @ 11:10am 
Sometimes, it's all one person can afford. Budgets can be very tight.
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 18, 2013 @ 9:16pm