Combat Wombat Jan 1, 2013 @ 10:23pm
Fighting Games?
I really want to try some fighter games. I'm thinking something along the lines of Street Fighter style. Are there any good ones in the steam store? I need suggestions.
Showing 1-15 of 62 comments
< >
Dodgy Bob Jan 1, 2013 @ 11:41pm 
No idea what "Street Fighter style" is as I've never played it. But you can't go wrong with the Batman games (Asylum and City).
Pyhäpuu Jan 1, 2013 @ 11:56pm 
Yes you can. Batman is nothing like Street fighter. I think there was some Mortal Combats in Steam... or some similiar titles..
Dodgy Bob Jan 2, 2013 @ 12:01am 
I didn't say Batman was like Street Fighter... I said you can't go wrong with the Batman games as "fighter games".
Tsundere Kanojo Jan 2, 2013 @ 12:06am 
Street Fighter IV maybe?...

Sounds way too obvious.
«Gғм» Kid Of The Century Jan 2, 2013 @ 12:27am 
1 vs 1 fighting games you mean?
  • Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (also Street Fighter IV, but it's obsolete)
  • Street Fighter X Tekken
  • Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
Combat Wombat Jan 2, 2013 @ 9:47am 
I guess I didn't word that post very well. I'm looking for games like Street Fighter, not Street Fighter itself haha
Combat Wombat Jan 2, 2013 @ 9:48am 
Originally posted by Awzum Child O' Troll:
Yes you can. Batman is nothing like Street fighter. I think there was some Mortal Combats in Steam... or some similiar titles..
Thanks, I'll check those out!
tmwfte Jan 2, 2013 @ 9:57am 
Originally posted by Dodgy Bob:
I said you can't go wrong with the Batman games as "fighter games".

Actually you can. Arkham Asylum and Arkham City aren't fighting games. Look up what fighting games are and come back here to explain how either AA or AC are fighting games.

Anyway, to the OP, there really aren't that many for PC in general, even less on Steam. Aside from the ones mentioned above, there's really only Kung-Fu Strike, Karateka, and Virtua Fighter 2.

I guess Skullgirls could be added to the list if they ever actually finish the PC port.
Combat Wombat Jan 2, 2013 @ 10:00am 
Originally posted by tmwfte:
Originally posted by Dodgy Bob:
I said you can't go wrong with the Batman games as "fighter games".

Actually you can. Arkham Asylum and Arkham City aren't fighting games. Look up what fighting games are and come back here to explain how either AA or AC are fighting games.

Anyway, to the OP, there really aren't that many for PC in general, even less on Steam. Aside from the ones mentioned above, there's really only Kung-Fu Strike, Karateka, and Virtua Fighter 2.

I guess Skullgirls could be added to the list if they ever actually finish the PC port.

Thanks, I appreciate the help! Steam really does seem to lack in this area.

Also, is it just me or does Steam seem to have a rather lacking inventory of action RPGs as well?
tmwfte Jan 2, 2013 @ 10:06am 
Originally posted by Evasive Wombat:

Also, is it just me or does Steam seem to have a rather lacking inventory of action RPGs as well?

Eh...not really. Aside from Path of Exile and Diablo 3, Steam has just about everything that's available for PC.
Combat Wombat Jan 2, 2013 @ 10:10am 
Originally posted by tmwfte:
Originally posted by Evasive Wombat:

Eh...not really. Aside from Path of Exile and Diablo 3, Steam has just about everything that's available for PC.

I'm talking about a more specific type of RPG. Not shooter RPGs or top-down dungeon crawler RPGs. I've been looking for a more third-person rpg with a decent combat system.
Kevythekevlar Jan 2, 2013 @ 11:52am 
the arkham games arent anything remotely like fighting games. but sadly theres not many fighters on steam
Combat Wombat Jan 2, 2013 @ 12:39pm 
Originally posted by Kevythekevlar:
the arkham games arent anything remotely like fighting games. but sadly theres not many fighters on steam

I really wish there were. I'm really in the mood to play some fighting games. I guess I'll just have to get one of the street fighter games.
Riiya Feb 4, 2013 @ 10:35am 
Hoboy, a month late.

To the extend of my knowledge those are all fighting games that are on Steam at this point of time. If there are any more on here, let me know!

On Steam right now:
Announced:
"Leaked" (May or may not come to Steam, time will tell!):
Last edited by Riiya; Feb 4, 2013 @ 10:50am
DarkCrystalMethod Feb 4, 2013 @ 11:07am 
There's probably more.. nobody mentioned Rag-Doll Kung-Fu yet.
Showing 1-15 of 62 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 1, 2013 @ 10:23pm