brett.lafemina Mar 1, 2013 @ 1:33pm
Watch dogs on steam?
So, do you guys think watch dogs will be on steam the DAY or the DAY AFTER release?
Showing 1-15 of 52 comments
< >
ManiacMal Mar 1, 2013 @ 1:44pm 
Never
Joscco Mar 1, 2013 @ 1:45pm 
Yeah I would assume it would be on Steam the day of release. Ubisoft seems to be pretty good about their games releasing here.
TinyBabyOwl Mar 1, 2013 @ 2:55pm 
Yeah I'm sure it will be on Steam. I'm sure it'll require uplay too, but uplay isn't that bad.
robodreambk Mar 1, 2013 @ 3:17pm 
yes yes yes
]
brett.lafemina Mar 1, 2013 @ 4:03pm 
Originally posted by Spacecraft:
Yeah I'm sure it will be on Steam. I'm sure it'll require uplay too, but uplay isn't that bad.
I have Uplay! :) (got it from Far Cry 3
Freyar Mar 3, 2013 @ 1:23am 
I'm sure it will show up on Steam, but I'm also willing to bet there will be a three to six month delay for the PC release.
TinyBabyOwl Mar 3, 2013 @ 1:24am 
Originally posted by Freyar:
I'm sure it will show up on Steam, but I'm also willing to bet there will be a three to six month delay for the PC release.

It might be different this time around. With the PS4 and next xbox console using pretty much standard PC hardware, it should be so much easier for developers to make quick and high quality ports to PC.
Last edited by TinyBabyOwl; Mar 3, 2013 @ 1:24am
Freyar Mar 3, 2013 @ 1:30am 

It might be different this time around. With the PS4 and next xbox console using pretty much standard PC hardware, it should be so much easier for developers to make quick and high quality ports to PC.

I have no faith in Ubisoft.
TinyBabyOwl Mar 3, 2013 @ 1:39am 

I have no faith in Ubisoft.

Normally I'd agree with you, but I think they're sincere about their claim to improve their image with PC gamers.

Their last couple of really big titles released, Far Cry 3, and Assassin's Creed 3, didn't have a delay coming to PC and both were pretty good ports.

We'll have to see.
Last edited by TinyBabyOwl; Mar 3, 2013 @ 1:43am
Freyar Mar 3, 2013 @ 1:46am 
Their last couple of really big titles released, Far Cry 3, and Assassin's Creed 3, didn't have a delay coming to PC and both were pretty good ports.

We'll have to see.

AC3
Release date(s) PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
NA October 30, 2012[5]
EU October 31, 2012[6]
AU October 31, 2012

Wii U
NA November 18, 2012[7]
EU November 30, 2012
AU November 30, 2012

Microsoft Windows
NA November 20, 2012[8]
AU November 22, 2012
EU November 23, 2012[9]

Admittedly, Far Cry 3 did release in line with all platforms, but we'll see if that was a fluke or otherwise.
Last edited by Freyar; Mar 3, 2013 @ 1:46am
TinyBabyOwl Mar 3, 2013 @ 1:49am 

We'll have to see.

AC3
Release date(s) PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
NA October 30, 2012[5]
EU October 31, 2012[6]
AU October 31, 2012

Wii U
NA November 18, 2012[7]
EU November 30, 2012
AU November 30, 2012

Microsoft Windows
NA November 20, 2012[8]
AU November 22, 2012
EU November 23, 2012[9]

Admittedly, Far Cry 3 did release in line with all platforms, but we'll see if that was a fluke or otherwise.

Well I wouldn't say less than a month is that bad of a delay. It sucks but it could be way worse.

And like I said the next consoles will be using standard PC hardware. Hopefully that will eliminate any delays in ports.

But we all know these publishers don't really follow any logic so who knows what will happen.
Freyar Mar 3, 2013 @ 1:53am 
Even a month is too much.
llllShaDoWllll Mar 3, 2013 @ 6:57am 
According to Ubishit PC is the main platform for Watch Dogs, so it won't be a port or even be delayed!
TinyBabyOwl Mar 3, 2013 @ 1:52pm 
Originally posted by llllShaDoWllll:
According to Ubishit PC is the main platform for Watch Dogs, so it won't be a port or even be delayed!

Wow you're right, I just found the same quotes about that. I mean it really makes sense. Let's hope it's true...
Freyar Mar 4, 2013 @ 8:22pm 
Originally posted by llllShaDoWllll:

I'll believe it when I see it. Seriously, I'm skeptical because Ubisoft has in the past fooled us enough that I don't trust them without evidence to suggest otherwise.
Showing 1-15 of 52 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 1, 2013 @ 1:33pm