CaLaMaSaBy Feb 27, 2013 @ 6:08pm
Looking for a new MOBA!
I played alot of League of Legends and more recently Guardians of Middle Earth, but I would like to try DOTA 2 if I could find a key. What are the big differences from DOTA 2 to other MOBA's?
Last edited by CaLaMaSaBy; Feb 27, 2013 @ 7:05pm
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
NiteShade Feb 28, 2013 @ 1:16am 
Dota is the mother of all MOBA's and Dota2 delivers pretty much the same. Personally i rather play Heroes of Newerth since the game mechanics are better, games shorter due to concede-option. The MAJOR fault in Heroes of Newerth is the gaming community which is the worst thing i've seen in any game EVER. The learning curve is ridiculous even for a person who has played LoL. Learning curve goes for Dota 2 also, but at least you don't get so much crap about it as the gaming community is "fine".
Kael Feb 28, 2013 @ 3:32am 
I play Dota and DOTA 2 for about 8 years. I never tried else, cose I like this and I got everything I want from such a game. Dota isn't hard. The real problem is the missing humble attitude of the gamers. They think they come and own like hell. But this is untrue. If you go to play Dota pick an initiator+durable hero (Skeleton King, Axe, Magnus) and play 10-15 games with them. Highly suggested to go against bots (prefferred to play co-op botmatch) to pick up the basics.
If you need a key, I have 40-50 pcs. Add me as a steam friend and I give you one: kaelmagi.
Or read my blog how to acquire one.
http://dota2casts.com/free-dota-2-keys-immediately/
BuzzardBee Feb 28, 2013 @ 4:56am 
If Jagex ever releases it, you might want to try Transformers Universe. But that's a big if. They're way behind with even their beta for the game.
CaLaMaSaBy Feb 28, 2013 @ 7:56am 
Some on hooked me up with a key last night! Thanks for the tips guys. Transformers sounds cool are you in the beta for that currently?
LeVvE Feb 28, 2013 @ 8:01am 
I hate when people call Dota, HoN and LoL MOBA, makes me ♥♥♥♥ing cringe.
CaLaMaSaBy Feb 28, 2013 @ 8:41am 
Sorry was just trying to generalize for the purpose of hearing about any other games similiar to that game type.
jakeglutch Feb 28, 2013 @ 5:36pm 
Truer to the Original. Dota was original confined to the constraints of the WC3 world editor. LOL Thought it could do better outside of those constraints. Some say LOL did it well. Others think that the original constraints, was what made it fun. (The idea of last hitting was amazing, and it is only there because that is how gold drops worked in WC3) There are very legitimate arguments on both side, which is better. As it stands right now, LOL is much more acessable, is more stylized, (And in my own opinion) the turrets are more fun to work around. DOTA 2 is less accessable, but they are not looking for more of your money, like LOL is. I haven't felt pressured to spend a penny is DOTA 2. I have spent more than I should have in LOL.
Fiste Apr 3, 2013 @ 8:14pm 
Hey i have a great reccomendation for you! The game is called Smite and it quickly became my favorite game :D https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/default.aspx♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥=3600074&utm_campaign=email
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 27, 2013 @ 6:08pm