Creepyhob0 Apr 3, 2013 @ 5:08pm
Just started PC gaming need some great games to start playing
Switching over from 360 and i need some game ideas to get rolling on pc. I have a good enough rig to run about any game.
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
FunkeySkunk Apr 3, 2013 @ 5:29pm 
I love Left 4 Dead 2. A must have for me.
Hawkes Apr 3, 2013 @ 5:38pm 
My reccomendations would be
1. Mount & blade warband (RPG)
2. Kerbal space program. (Sim/rocket builder)
3. Deus ex game of the year edition (FPS RPG)
4. Torchlight 2 (Action RPG)
5. Sanctum (FPS tower defense)
6. Team fortress 2 (a free FPS game)
7. Metro 2033 (FPS and is currently on sale for 4.99$)
8. Terraria (Think Side scrolling minecraft plus Castlevania style combat)
9. Killing floor (Co-op FPS survival game think nazi zombies but with a end boss and a shop and classes)
10. The binding of isaac (top down dungeon crawler rouguelike shooter)
11. Dont starve (top down view survival game hard to describe besides that so just look into it)
12. The witcher series (RPG)
13. Simcity 4 (city builder sim)
14. Mech warrior online (Free to play FPS mech game its slower paced and team based)
15. Hawken (F2P FPS mech shooter this game is more fast paced then MWO so if thats too slow for you then try this out)

Those are just some games off the top of my head that are only availible on PC and a ton of fun to play since your new feel free to add me and i will gladly play some games with you and help you get started on PC Welcome to the wonderful world of PC gaming =D
Last edited by Hawkes; Apr 3, 2013 @ 5:52pm
NHKpotato Apr 3, 2013 @ 5:45pm 
Check out the Total War series. Though Id start with Rome. Or better yet check out company of heroes and The witcher. Welcome to PC gaming btw.
toonfrog Apr 3, 2013 @ 6:22pm 
Buy the entire Half Life series, Garry's Mod, and TF2.

Play those until Summer Steam Sale.
Creepyhob0 Apr 3, 2013 @ 6:24pm 
Ty hawkes and fluffy. Im not picky about my games and looking at some of those alot of them look like a alot of fun thanks for the start guys.
Stan Apr 3, 2013 @ 7:14pm 
Welcome to PC gaming my friend. I envy you. You get to play so many amazing games that are now so inexpensive. Let me throw you my favorite game of all time just for good measure.

- JUST CAUSE 2 -

I'm curious? If you're migrating over from the 360, did you decide to get an Xbox For PC controller? I strongly recommend it. Have fun and enjoy REAL HD gaming !!!

Last edited by Stan; Apr 3, 2013 @ 7:14pm
Creepyhob0 Apr 3, 2013 @ 7:17pm 
I bought a xbox 360 wireless pc adapter 12$ instead of 40 for a wired controller. If i ever want to play with a gamepad. I noticed how much more common sales and cheaper prices are so far this is looking great switch wise.
Creepyhob0 Apr 3, 2013 @ 8:25pm 
Originally posted by Stonefield:
Welcome to PC gaming my friend. I envy you. You get to play so many amazing games that are now so inexpensive. Let me throw you my favorite game of all time just for good measure.

- JUST CAUSE 2 -

I'm curious? If you're migrating over from the 360, did you decide to get an Xbox For PC controller? I strongly recommend it. Have fun and enjoy REAL HD gaming !!!

I should learn to quote now in fourms too total fail on me.
Tuskan GA Apr 3, 2013 @ 8:25pm 
STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat would be my recommendations.
Zyroxeon Apr 4, 2013 @ 12:38am 
Battlefield 3 and Call of Duty Modern Warfare+/Black Ops 2.
KillahInstinct Apr 4, 2013 @ 2:58am 
Originally posted by toonfrog:
Buy [..] and TF2.
Except that it's free.
banzaigtv Apr 4, 2013 @ 3:23am 
Some big budget titles I would recommend; some are my personal favorites.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Portal 2
Crysis series
Far Cry 3
Batman Arkham series
Dirt 3
Battlefield 3
Metro 2033
Bioshock Infinite
Tomb Raider

Please note that if you are using Windows 8, then you will need to install the latest version of GFWL to play certain games, such as Batman Arkham City. Run the GFWL installer in compatibility mode for Windows 7 and you're all set.
Stan Apr 14, 2013 @ 7:41pm 
Originally posted by banzaigtv:
Some big budget titles I would recommend; some are my personal favorites.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Portal 2
Crysis series
Far Cry 3
Batman Arkham series
Dirt 3
Battlefield 3
Metro 2033
Bioshock Infinite
Tomb Raider

Please note that if you are using Windows 8, then you will need to install the latest version of GFWL to play certain games, such as Batman Arkham City. Run the GFWL installer in compatibility mode for Windows 7 and you're all set.

Excellent choices.
TBAGtv Apr 15, 2013 @ 9:32am 
I like to recommend some FTPs
DCUO, TERA & Battleforge. DCUO is on steam. TERA use to be. Battleforge has yet to be.
Juke Bredd Apr 15, 2013 @ 10:01am 
Spiral Knights. What?! Has no one ever hread of Spiral Knights?! Anyway, Spiral Knights is a F2P MMO like game that's free on Steam. It's worth a look. Other than that, try Dishouored. A stealth/action game set in a steampunk-like world were you just go around back-staping people! (Note: I haven't play to far in it but I recommend it anyway!)
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 3, 2013 @ 5:08pm