Tutte le discussioni > Discussioni di Steam > Off Topic > Dettagli della discussione
Where is Half life 3?!?!
Seriously though, the last Half life game was awesome! and that was made 2007! it's been 6 years now and they still haven't made Half Life 3! Half life was one of my favourite shooters and I've played most of them, but we need a new one with the new gaming engines! please Valve make Half Life 3!!
< >
Visualizzazione di 1-15 commenti su 74
Don't throw salt on my wounds... Everyone is waiting for HL3!
My guess would be Next Gen...
Although some people say Valve can't count to 3...
My guest we will see half-life 3 when the new valve console is released. Most likely it will be exclusive to pc/mac steam and valves new console only.
Messaggio originale di Ganger:
My guest we will see half-life 3 when the new valve console is released. Most likely it will be exclusive to pc/mac steam and valves new console only.
so they might start working on it in the next 2 years?
Messaggio originale di TUFFGUY 2000:

If all the stories are correct then we will see valve new console released this year (2013) and no doubt half-life 3 to boot. But valve havn't given any details as yet, keeping tigh lipped as ever.

I say it will be exclusive for one reason, why would valve release half-life 3 on other platforms when they will be trying to make their own console a success.

If all the stories are correct then we will see valve new console released this year (2013) and no doubt half-life 3 to boot. But valve havn't given any details as yet, keeping tigh lipped as ever.

I say it will be exclusive for one reason, why would valve release half-life 3 on other platforms when they will be trying to make their own console a success.

I'm not so sure it's a good bet to think that HL3 will be a launch title, or even a first year title for the Steam Box. Unless this thing is going to be really ridiculously specced out for a $400-500 price, they'll risk alienating their core audience by not making HL3 a full high-end PC title first and foremost.

I'm also not sure the Steam Box is going to be set up as a direct competitor to the standard consoles from the big 3. Microsoft lost a ton of money getting the x-box to where it is today. I'm not sure Valve can afford to try and be anything other than an alternative console (like, say, the Neo Geo was) for its first iteration.

It'd be a pretty ballsy, and some might even say foolish, move for Valve to make their next titles Steam Box/PC exclusives.
Ultima modifica da Dinky; 1 gen 2013, ore 0:54
Messaggio originale di White.Renard:
Dota 2, Team Fortress 2, Portal 2, Left 4 Dead 2, and Half Life 2, That's alot of sequals and nothing else...
Ultima modifica da Estrogwen; 1 gen 2013, ore 1:00
Messaggio originale di Swordey:
Dota 2, Team Fortress 2, Portal 2, Left 4 Dead 2, and Half Life 2, That's alot of sequals and nothing else...

The exception to this is Counter Strike, which has technically had 4 entries in the series:

CS; CS:CZ; CS:S; CS:GO

Even if you don't count CS:CZ, that's still 3 games.

DOTA 2 is technically only one game too, if you think about it. Valve had nothing to do with the original, which wasn't even a commercial product.
Messaggio originale di zOMGREI:

The exception to this is Counter Strike, which has technically had 4 entries in the series:

DOTA 2 is technically only one game too, if you think about it. Valve had nothing to do with the original, which wasn't even a commercial product.
I didn't know that, Thx for the knowledge. Sadly, there's no numbers in the counterstrike series...

I didn't know that, Thx for the knowledge. Sadly, there's no numbers in the counterstrike series...

It's pretty understandable to not realize it unless you've been around for a long time. There's like 5-6 years between each game, and a lot of people probably don't even remember CZ. There was an Xbox version of CS too, which was almost a game on its own since it was a hybrid of content from CS and CS:CZ. Think it might have had a little exclusive content too, but it's been so long that I can't quite remember.
It'd be a pretty ballsy, and some might even say foolish, move for Valve to make their next titles Steam Box/PC exclusives.

If your trying to push your own console, then why would people buy your console if you can get the same game on a rival console.

Valve will be trying their hardest to push this new console and im sure half-life 3 will make people buy it. It would be like the next halo appearing on the PS3, isn't going to happen.

well let's just hope They make Half life 3 longer and better than Half life 2 episode 2
maybe they noticed how overrated game it actualy is and decided to cancel it.
I for one don't care about HL3. I want EP 3 first -.-
It's okay, I still haven't beaten Half-Life 1.
Messaggio originale di EmeraldIsler:
I for one don't care about HL3. I want EP 3 first -.-

Probably won't be an Ep 3. I mean the whole point of the episodes was because they could release them faster than sequels, so why even bother now?

Half-Life 3 will probably just pick up from where Ep 2 left off and finish off the series.

Myself, I'd like to see Opposing Force 2. :P
< >
Visualizzazione di 1-15 commenti su 74
Per pagina: 1530 50

Tutte le discussioni > Discussioni di Steam > Off Topic > Dettagli della discussione
Data di pubblicazione: 1 gen 2013, ore 0:11