Sam Feb 19, 2013 @ 4:02pm
Fallout 4 Conversation
Anyone got any guess on when it will arrive? From all i have heard it will take place in Boston, i wish they would release information soon. and leave a comment saying what you would like to see in the game :) http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/14363/20130109/fallout-4-release-date-rumor-threedog-tweets.htm
Showing 1-15 of 45 comments
< >
Law Feb 19, 2013 @ 4:08pm 
Well since Bethesda were saying they wanted to make another game with the Creation Engine (Renamed Gamebryo), it will probably be running on that.

Obsidian and Bethesda recently released a statement about a potential Fallout: Los Angeles done by Obsidian some point after Fallout 4, which will actually be worth looking forward to.
[dirrty]gsharp Feb 19, 2013 @ 4:10pm 
Originally posted by Sam:
Anyone got any guess on when it will arrive?

Not...soon...enough. That's one franchise I would buy without a demo, without an intro video, or even pictures.
Last edited by [dirrty]gsharp; Feb 19, 2013 @ 4:11pm
Sam Feb 19, 2013 @ 4:14pm 
Originally posted by dirrtygsharp:
Anyone got any guess on when it will arrive?

Not...soon...enough. That's one franchise I would buy without a demo, without an intro video, or even pictures.
hahah i agree but what did you think of fallout new vegas vs fallout 3? i personally loved fallout 3 way more even though it crashes more often.
[dirrty]gsharp Feb 19, 2013 @ 4:17pm 
Originally posted by dirrtygsharp:

hahah i agree but what did you think of fallout new vegas vs fallout 3? i personally loved fallout 3 way more even though it crashes more often.

I'm biased. I live in Washington DC. :)

Thanks for the link and the headsup about Fallout4. That game is now on my radar.
[dirrty]gsharp Feb 19, 2013 @ 4:18pm 
Originally posted by Special Agent Fox Mulder:
Well since Bethesda were saying they wanted to make another game with the Creation Engine (Renamed Gamebryo), it will probably be running on that.

Obsidian and Bethesda recently released a statement about a potential Fallout: Los Angeles done by Obsidian some point after Fallout 4, which will actually be worth looking forward to.

Sound like they might be trying to follow the "official Fallout Story". Wasn't the Brotherhood of Steel established in Los Angeles?
Last edited by [dirrty]gsharp; Feb 19, 2013 @ 4:18pm
Sam Feb 19, 2013 @ 4:18pm 
no problem
Law Feb 19, 2013 @ 4:19pm 
Edit: @gsharp Any Obsidian game will be much more faithful to the series as Obsidian has many of the original developers, writers, and designers. I don't know what direction they'll go with it, but it will most likely be a good one.

From the general consensus on the Internet: People who enjoyed Fallout 3 generally disliked Fallout New Vegas, and people who enjoyed New Vegas generally disliked Fallout 3.

Fallout 3 works as a bethesda game, and for a lot of people it was their first experience with the series. It works as a post-apocalyptic exploration game, but the writing is trash and there isn't much to it.

In terms of New Vegas, people complained about the desert and there not being enough interesting areas to explore (Which is a lie, there are interesting areas to explore, you just have to be smart about it and not just wander aimlessly in the desert), but the writing was much better in general, the side quests felt worth doing for the narrative (instead of "oh no my child was taken by vampires, p.s. your dad is dead"), and to me the world seemed more alive. That there were people that were trying to rebuild.
Last edited by Law; Feb 19, 2013 @ 4:20pm
Treiger Feb 19, 2013 @ 6:20pm 
I honestly hope the story & quests are as meanful as they were in New Vegas. Fallout 3, was great, but the quests and plot were quite bland.
[dirrty]gsharp Feb 19, 2013 @ 8:51pm 
Originally posted by Treiger:
I honestly hope the story & quests are as meanful as they were in New Vegas. Fallout 3, was great, but the quests and plot were quite bland.

A certain Fallout 3 quest was pretty awesome - blowing uip Megaton after all the time I wasted on that stupid "survival guide".
Last edited by [dirrty]gsharp; Feb 19, 2013 @ 8:52pm
BitmapBrother Feb 20, 2013 @ 1:42am 
Apparently they aint bringing another Fallout out until the next gens come out. Funny how you can make another ♥♥♥♥ing MMO though isn't it Bethesda you ♥♥♥♥ing jerks!
Last edited by BitmapBrother; Feb 20, 2013 @ 1:43am
Law Feb 20, 2013 @ 2:19am 
I will laugh so hard if its on the next gen consoles considering they are planning to use the Creation engine.

They barely manage to compete this gen in terms of graphics, if they try and pull that ♥♥♥♥ on the new hardware they may just be laughed out of business.
Ûvatha Feb 20, 2013 @ 2:27am 
Fallout is not about visuals.
Fallout 4 was announced shorty after Fallout 3 and they said there will probably be no level cap.
Law Feb 20, 2013 @ 2:28am 
That isn't the entire point. The Gamebryo engine has aged horribly, and it has no place whatsoever on a next gen console.

I hope that even Bethesda know this, will use the "Creation" engine one last time for Fallout 4 (On current gen systems) before passing it to Obsidian for Fallout: LA, then scrap it forever.
Last edited by Law; Feb 20, 2013 @ 2:29am
[dirrty]gsharp Feb 20, 2013 @ 2:29am 
Originally posted by Ûvatha:
Fallout 4 was announced shorty after Fallout 3 and they said there will probably be no level cap.

Fallout may not be about visuals but they did a hell of a job on Washington DC.
BitmapBrother Feb 20, 2013 @ 2:35am 
Originally posted by Ûvatha:

No it wasn't and no they didn't.Someone has been spending too much time on the forums.
Showing 1-15 of 45 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 19, 2013 @ 4:02pm