avanmonsjou Mar 15, 2013 @ 10:41am
What are your top five Rockstar Games?
It's little over five months to the release of the console version of Grand Theft Auto V [though the PC version is probably almost a year away :( ], so how about we honour all of the great games Rockstar has made by posting your top five and stating why you think a certain game deserves the number 1 spot.
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
10Club Mar 15, 2013 @ 11:58am 
1. Grand Theft Auto - The original was one of my first PC games back when I was 5.

2. GTA 3 - The first 3D GTA what more needs to be said?

3. GTA Vice City - I just loved this game. The setting, music, story it was just a fantastic game.

4. GTA 4 - While I didn't enjoy the base game the mods were fantastic.

5. Max Payne 3 - Game has its issues but it was fun, the graphics were great, story wasn't bad, and the music was very good.

I can't comment on Bully, Manhunt, or the Red Dead series because I haven't played those games.
Last edited by 10Club; Mar 15, 2013 @ 11:58am
Jade Mar 15, 2013 @ 1:18pm 
Almost impossible to rank them in a specific order but here goes:

1. GTA Vice City - My first GTA game, I remember I had to ask my mom to buy it for me because I wasn't 18 yet. It was also the first proper sandbox game I ever played. I love the theme, songs on the radio, the cars, characters and of course Tommy Vercetti.

2. Bully - Or Canis Canem Edit as it is known here. I just adore the fact that it's a sort of a kiddie version of GTA. It's just fun to play.

3. Red Dead Redemption - I'm a sucker for westerns so a game based on the genre is right up my alley. The zombie DLC was pure epicness, it made me realize that every game should have a zombie mode.

4. GTA San Andreas - Better than Vice City in almost every aspect except the theme (I just love the 80's) and main character.

5. To be honest I can't choose a fifth one because I don't like their other games. GTA 4 bored me so much I couldn't even finish it, Manhunt is disgusting, I had to force myself to finish GTA 3 and the older GTA games just don't interest me.
Spawn of Totoro Mar 15, 2013 @ 1:23pm 
1. Rockstar Guava Punched
2. Rockstar Punched
3. Rockstar Recovery Grape
4. Rockstar Recovery Orange
5. Rockstar Original

I prefer AMP though. Original flavor.
Last edited by Spawn of Totoro; Mar 15, 2013 @ 1:23pm
avanmonsjou Mar 16, 2013 @ 8:12am 
Forgot to add this in original post . . .

1. Grand Theft Auto VIce City: I was too young to play GTA III, and I was still pretty young for Vice City, but my parents let me get it under a few conditions, 1. I can only play on weekends, as long as I had no homework 2. I could only play for 1 hour a day 3. If there was too much "inappropiate content", they would take it away, not the best conditions, but I loved the game, and I still play it occationally today (just to fool around with cheats or go on a killing rampage)

2. Grand Theft Auto IV: Everything about this game I loved, the city, the character, the seriousness, it added a whole new tone to the Grand Theft Auto series that was great (too bad there aren't many cheats, but there are plenty of great mods to make up for that)

3. Max Payne 3: The first actual Rockstar Max Payne game, the story was great, the multiplayer was fun and the music was amazing! What more could you ask for?

4. La Noire: Now here's something different, a very different and unique idea never used before in another wideo game, I loved it, sure it had problems, but if Rockstar makes another one it will be much more polished.

5. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas: I don't know, everybody thinks that San Andreas is so great, which it is, but I just couldn't get into the whole gangster feel. I liked the map in Vice City better, infact, I liked everything better, except for the fact that you could 1. swim, and 2. it had a better aiming system.

Even still today, my parents have refused to get me a PS3 or Xbox because "I can play every game on my computer", well you can bet that I was one of those guys that were really p*ssed off when they didn't release Red Dead Redemption for PC . . . but I'm not going to go out of my way to buy a console just to play that game. If I had played it, it probably would have made my list.
Last edited by avanmonsjou; Mar 16, 2013 @ 8:13am
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 15, 2013 @ 10:41am