The Weather Man Mar 15, 2013 @ 8:53pm
Any game suggestions?
(Sorry if this is the wrong forum, i dont go on theese much) Im trying to find a RTS game where you can command and modify units (like the Uh. "Legends of pegasus" i believe, if it hadint recieved bad reviews and stopped updating/being delevoped? i have no idea what happened to that game..). Any leads?
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
abartagodd Mar 16, 2013 @ 12:46am 
starcraft might be the route, my game library is shrinking as I get older. never heard of Legend of Pegasus, but I'm not as up to date as I once was. In the map editor of starcraft I was able to edit abilites, resource cost, build time, damage, armour, health, etc. I haven't played the second one, but I'd hope they carried on the tradition. I play the C&C series, but Total Anihilation was the best I ever played, unfortunately it's a decade old. I heard that the creator of that makes the Supreme Commander Series now.

What type of RTS are you seeking? medival, futuristic, modern warfare, mythos?
V10Club Mar 16, 2013 @ 1:29am 
RTS where you can modify units...hmm...

It's turn based but you can modify the units with skins, armor, weapons, etc.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/200510/

You can try the demo but trust me the demo does not represent the quality of the actual game. It's just two tutorial missions.

Dawn of War II might be what you are looking for. It relies heavily on upgrading and modifying your units.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/56437/?snr=1_7_15__13

That's the latest one and doesn't use the atrocious GFW LIVE.

If you don't mind GFW LIVE here are the other two.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/15620/?snr=1_7_15__13

http://store.steampowered.com/app/20570/?snr=1_7_15__13

Chaos Rising is the second expansion and Retribution is the third. They are standalone expansions so you do not need the original.

All I can think of really...

Last edited by V10Club; Mar 16, 2013 @ 1:31am
The Weather Man Mar 16, 2013 @ 9:09pm 
Thanks TenClub, but theese games dont really express the strongpoint in unit costomization.. (besides the one i cant afford but oh well). PS: the rts genre is trying to find is really more of a furturistic type but im also hoping for a midevil kind..
abartagodd Mar 17, 2013 @ 12:04am 
I looked around today, cause I'd really like one too, but I only came up with a handful. A lot of the suggestions I found didn't really capture the full customizing. many were just change shields, inventory or weapons, which really isn't enough. After sifting through I ended up with these; (ranked in order of appearance)

Starcraft with Brood Wars map editor: nearly completely customizable, except skins. I made a mech that can shoot air units, cloak, move fast, built fast and was cheap as an example of how I can push it's limits. I couldn't make it fly, jump or change weapon modes. Though I created two planes, one for ground strikes, and one for air to air. It's been a long time, but I think you could alter it's firing rate as well.

Total Annihilation, with both expansions: Can build and construct anything, skin it how you like, but the programming was a little technical and deep. Was more effort than I had patience, but I can be pretty impatient.

Total Annihilation: Kingdoms plus it's expansion pack: medival warfare with a map editor as well, though it looked like in order to build fully customized units you had to create a mod.

Earth 2150: I own it, but never played it more than twice. Too hooked on Total Annihilation

Sorry mang, it's a pretty controlled little world these days it seems. It's a niche that could use some filling. Many players think of 'fully customizable' as the ability to accesorize what already exists, I see that phrase and I think of being able to build and forge from the ground up. Total annihilation was the only one that I found where you can do that. Modding might have to be something we'll have to learn about in order to truely get fully customized units. If something crosses my board that fulfills that I'll come back and post it here.
Last edited by abartagodd; Mar 17, 2013 @ 12:07am
The Rain Mar 17, 2013 @ 1:18am 
a good book from your local library
The Weather Man Mar 17, 2013 @ 3:44pm 
ok thanks! i also found a free game ons steam called "star conflict" which is a free-to-play MMO which has a in depth costomization from weapons on a fighter to utilities on a flagship! (Not much costomization in appearence besides class type though)
Two Can Van Damme Mar 18, 2013 @ 4:28am 
What about Dawn of War 2, I really didnt enjoy RTS games until I played that.
The Weather Man Mar 18, 2013 @ 2:53pm 
I dont know, ive never really looked into it..
Hawkes Mar 18, 2013 @ 3:25pm 
Front mission 3 might intrest you if you have a PS3 (or PS1) its availible on the store for about 5.99$ its a turn based strategy RPG with Mechs you can customise from what i saw in CGR's review you can change the look of the body arms and legs as well as change the paint on them im pretty sure diffrent stats change so customising isnt just cosmetic (execpt for paint) oh and choose what weapons the mechs in your squad use.

or Fire emblem awakening if you have a 3DS.

Sorry these suggestions arnt for the PC but i cant think of any besides Xcom enemy unknown.
abartagodd Mar 19, 2013 @ 1:13am 
I have front mission 4, was playing it last weekend lol, but those are turn based as opposed to RTS. I downloaded star conflict ysterday and just started to poke around, but it looks like some new fun to me.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 15, 2013 @ 8:53pm