bluejwestd85 Mar 14, 2013 @ 7:37pm
how much do u think there going to start PS4 for and do u think microsoft will break first for cheaper
well i hope they jump ther sh&t alot further in graphics and cheaper in price then they been doing. Pc always blows console graphics outa the water lets have some compitition for once.
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
SkylarKitty Mar 14, 2013 @ 7:59pm 
I think the PS4 will be in the ballpark between $699 - $799 since the hardware in it is quite powerful. I think the next Xbox will be slightly cheaper however but we'll have to wait until they announce the console first to know for sure which will probably be at E3.
bluejwestd85 Mar 14, 2013 @ 8:03pm 
Originally posted by IF Skylar Icarus:
I think the PS4 will be in the ballpark between $699 - $799 since the hardware in it is quite powerful. I think the next Xbox will be slightly cheaper however but we'll have to wait until they announce the console first to know for sure which will probably be at E3.
i was a ps fan bought xbox36 only to have it burn out on me in less then a year. dont trust mircosoft for nothin. i have a ninteno and sega that works still to this day and they put out a system that screws u never again. how dare they charge u for multiplayer
Last edited by bluejwestd85; Mar 14, 2013 @ 8:08pm
bluejwestd85 Mar 14, 2013 @ 8:11pm 
i had 40 + games for my xbox 36 only to burn them in a pile and commit to ps3 and pc. how does the sayin go the rich get richer and the dumb get dumber, not me . and dont hate me for sayin im sick of havin to buy a new pc every year to match cohta. i buy laptops for gamin on the go.
Last edited by bluejwestd85; Mar 14, 2013 @ 8:34pm
V-10ClubZ Mar 14, 2013 @ 9:00pm 
Originally posted by bluejwestd85:
well i hope they jump ther sh&t alot further in graphics and cheaper in price then they been doing. Pc always blows console graphics outa the water lets have some compitition for once.

What you are asking for is impossible. A fixed console is not going to compete with a PC when there is something new every 8 or so months.

The PS4 is a significant step forward. It's no GTX 680 but what do you expect? The x86 architecture is great for PC gaming as well.

Anyway, $400 I would say.
bluejwestd85 Mar 14, 2013 @ 9:26pm 
Originally posted by TenClub 89:

What you are asking for is impossible. A fixed console is not going to compete with a PC when there is something new every 8 or so months.

The PS4 is a significant step forward. It's no GTX 680 but what do you expect? The x86 architecture is great for PC gaming as well.

i hear what ur sayin but damnit wont they make something that garrenteed to get u through at least 4 years i mean gess i know compititon makes people get there act together well lets see
.the ps3 and xbox started at 600 last time u really think there going to go lower. man im not mad at yall im mad at the game in general to them its all dollars. Its supposed to be about what art has becaome and what it can be. A movie or play i can controll its what i dreamed of when i was playing Nintendo when i started
Last edited by bluejwestd85; Mar 14, 2013 @ 9:44pm
SkylarKitty Mar 14, 2013 @ 10:12pm 
i was a ps fan bought xbox36 only to have it burn out on me in less then a year. dont trust mircosoft for nothin. i have a ninteno and sega that works still to this day and they put out a system that screws u never again. how dare they charge u for multiplayer

I had the opposite problem, bought my Xbox first and it's had no problems to this day. I've sent my PS3 back to Sony at least 4 times before abandoning it altogether. First those stupid touch buttons stopped working, then the disc tray broke so I couldn't eject or put in games, then the Hard Drive somehow corrupted itself and it wouldn't load the OS so I couldn't turn it on. It's just been one problem after another with the PS3. Also Sony has a premium online service called Playstation Plus. I don't mind paying for online if it means you get more quality the damn thing doesn't get hacked and go down for over a month. Nintendo for me I've never had a problem with, nor Microsoft, just Sony.

Also no way it will be $400. the Wii U was $350 and the PS4 has a lot more powerful hardware plus all the cloud gaming and streaming stuff so it will be way more expensive.
bluejwestd85 Mar 15, 2013 @ 8:28am 

I had the opposite problem, bought my Xbox first and it's had no problems to this day. I've sent my PS3 back to Sony at least 4 times before abandoning it altogether. First those stupid touch buttons stopped working, then the disc tray broke so I couldn't eject or put in games, then the Hard Drive somehow corrupted itself and it wouldn't load the OS so I couldn't turn it on. It's just been one problem after another with the PS3. Also Sony has a premium online service called Playstation Plus. I don't mind paying for online if it means you get more quality the damn thing doesn't get hacked and go down for over a month. Nintendo for me I've never had a problem with, nor Microsoft, just Sony.

Also no way it will be $400. the Wii U was $350 and the PS4 has a lot more powerful hardware plus all the cloud gaming and streaming stuff so it will be way more expensive.
yeah i guess when everything first came out they all had the own little errors i guss i hear xbox fixed the red ring of death but that was after years of it already being out, true i did hear it was easy to hack ps3 but iv had no problems with mine from day one, only thing that pissed me off was the sims3 for ps3 completly sucked and is nothin like the pc version i want my money back.
V-10ClubZ Mar 15, 2013 @ 11:23am 

i hear what ur sayin but damnit wont they make something that garrenteed to get u through at least 4 years i mean gess i know compititon makes people get there act together well lets see
.the ps3 and xbox started at 600 last time u really think there going to go lower. man im not mad at yall im mad at the game in general to them its all dollars. Its supposed to be about what art has becaome and what it can be. A movie or play i can controll its what i dreamed of when i was playing Nintendo when i started

The 360 had a 400 dollar model and a 500 dollar model.

The PS3 had a 500 dollar model and a 600 dollar model.

They can't make something that is going to be technologically relevant for 4 years when faster hardware is coming out every 6-8 months.

The PS4 has good hardware (especially the amount of memory). It's a good system that will do nothing but benefit PC gaming. It was supposed to have 4 Gigs of RAM so the 8 was a nice surprise. Rumors have it the next XBox will be 4 (I'd doubt it now). They can't make something that will be out of the average gamers price range. They are not going to stick a GTX 680 equivalent GPU unless they are going to charge way more than 600 dollars for it.

As a PC gamer I would have liked it if the PS4 and Xbox 3 or whatever it's called had a better processor and GPU. But you also have to understand that not everyone is going to be able to afford a 800 dollar console. The PS3 was struggling at 600 dollars it was the biggest mistake Sony made.

You also have to remember that a console is faster than a equally spec'd or slightly faster PC. The games are programmed to the metal and that's why you still have good looking games on the 360 and PS3 despite their age. Obviously if you get close to them they look blurry and full of aliasing but they are 7 years old.
Last edited by V-10ClubZ; Mar 15, 2013 @ 11:31am
SkylarKitty Mar 15, 2013 @ 5:53pm 

They can't make something that is going to be technologically relevant for 4 years when faster hardware is coming out every 6-8 months.

The PS4 has good hardware (especially the amount of memory). It's a good system that will do nothing but benefit PC gaming. It was supposed to have 4 Gigs of RAM so the 8 was a nice surprise. Rumors have it the next XBox will be 4 (I'd doubt it now). They can't make something that will be out of the average gamers price range. They are not going to stick a GTX 680 equivalent GPU unless they are going to charge way more than 600 dollars for it.

As a PC gamer I would have liked it if the PS4 and Xbox 3 or whatever it's called had a better processor and GPU. But you also have to understand that not everyone is going to be able to afford a 800 dollar console. The PS3 was struggling at 600 dollars it was the biggest mistake Sony made.

You also have to remember that a console is faster than a equally spec'd or slightly faster PC. The games are programmed to the metal and that's why you still have good looking games on the 360 and PS3 despite their age. Obviously if you get close to them they look blurry and full of aliasing but they are 7 years old.

You're lucky with those prices!
The Xbox 360 was launched here at $650 and $500
The PS3 was launched here for $1000

$1000 for a console, yeah no thanks.
bluejwestd85 Mar 15, 2013 @ 6:30pm 

You're lucky with those prices!
The Xbox 360 was launched here at $650 and $500
The PS3 was launched here for $1000

$1000 for a console, yeah no thanks.
holy sh&t where the hell do u live space. Shi& u never new u could ups it
Last edited by bluejwestd85; Mar 15, 2013 @ 6:31pm
SkylarKitty Mar 15, 2013 @ 6:47pm 
I live in Australia, everything game related is just stupidly overpriced. They actually launched a full on equiry and questioned companies like Microsoft, Apple and Adobe why they charge more in Australia. They could get huge fines for Price Gouging if they can't justify why.
bluejwestd85 Mar 15, 2013 @ 7:25pm 
I live in Australia, everything game related is just stupidly overpriced. They actually launched a full on equiry and questioned companies like Microsoft, Apple and Adobe why they charge more in Australia. They could get huge fines for Price Gouging if they can't justify why.
damn it sound like they got u on lockdown sorry pal i wish i could help u out some how. I bet u guys have good weed for cheap though so i kinda wanna be u
SkylarKitty Mar 15, 2013 @ 7:35pm 
damn it sound like they got u on lockdown sorry pal i wish i could help u out some how. I bet u guys have good weed for cheap though so i kinda wanna be u

HAHAHAHAHAH Oh man that just made my day :)
BurntByHellfire Mar 17, 2013 @ 4:52am 
ive seen the PS4 specs and for what i paid for my computer i already have something more powerful than what the PS4 will be at the price listed in the original post.. and they allegedly sell these consoles at a loss of profits they make back on games?... then no, the PS4 most certainly wont be worth $800, not even $600... and does it really matter? all that hardware is going to be crammed into some tiny little box and no airflow that over the life of the PS4 youll probably end up going through 4-5 individual consoles
SkylarKitty Mar 17, 2013 @ 4:57am 
Originally posted by burntbyhellfire:
ive seen the PS4 specs and for what i paid for my computer i already have something more powerful than what the PS4 will be at the price listed in the original post.. and they allegedly sell these consoles at a loss of profits they make back on games?... then no, the PS4 most certainly wont be worth $800, not even $600... and does it really matter? all that hardware is going to be crammed into some tiny little box and no airflow that over the life of the PS4 youll probably end up going through 4-5 individual consoles

The Wii U was $430 for the Premium Edition so no way the PS3 will be less than $500 minimum. Not with that kind of hardware, plus the new controller and all that socail network and streaming stuff they keep banging on about. The PS3 when that first came out was $1000.
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 14, 2013 @ 7:37pm