Összes téma > Steam fórumok > Off Topic > Téma részletei
What the FPS Genre Needs
I was thinking, imagine a new WWII shooter with incredible visuals, sound, and gameplay. There has not been a game like that in a long time. I'd love to see a company like EA to make a graphically incredible WWII game. I've noticed through RO2 that WWII games are so much more immersive in every regard. To see your friend explode into pieces right in front of you is crazy, especially when you realize how often that happened in those times. With the Oculus on its way and next-gen consoles. I feel that this is the perfect opportunity to make a game more immersive than ever before. I want to feel like i am in another world. Not another battlefield world that I have experienced 1000x. Although there were many WWII games, I feel that many did not display the brutality like the Bataan Death March that could make a game so immersive. I want another reality, an experience to be left behind as WWII vets leave the world day after day.
< >
115/31 megjegyzés mutatása
No, I certainly disagree.

The FPS market became saturated with just this - the WW2 shooter, which is why they tended to switch to modern military shooters (which are of course over-saturated now).

There would simply be no reason to resurrect these yet. It's far too soon.

Also, if you're looking to the likes of EA to make a niche and detailed shooter, then you're betting on the wrong horse - they are champions of the "appeal to a wider audience" ridiculousness.

What you would get is a bland reboot of the original Medal of Honor. Not something with the heart of Spec Ops: The Line.

If you truly want to play such games, then why not just do so - there's enough around, and of course graphics mean bugger all. I'd particulary like to draw your attention to the first Call of Duty and the start of the Russian campaign - that's pretty brutal; handing bullets only to the next guy off the boat because you can take a gun off the guy who dies in front of you (not enough guns to go round).

Maybe you're not that old or weren't into gaming to appreciate these games then. In which case, I say what I always say to such people - get out there and play them! You might find something you like. Never put blinkers up.
Legutóbb szerkesztette: crunchyfrog; 2013. okt. 24., 0:00
FPS doesn't need more graphics, it needs more variety and depth. EA is starting to understand now that a flat battlefield is a boring battlefield. BattleField 4 finally allows you to use skyscrapers and buildings to your advantage. Something almost no other FPS game has taken advantage of. Verticality is the next step for FPS games.

Variety of movement in FPS game is also a step forward. Titan Fall is doing this with wall runs and jetpacks. More gibbing and more chunks of meat flying everywhere isn't exactly revolutionary or game changing.

Finally we have random events/contents with Bungie's Destiny.
Legutóbb szerkesztette: Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel; 2013. okt. 23., 23:39
Yes, the FPS Genre definitely needs more generic WW2 scenarios with more generic graphics and less game. I'm sure you'll get a WW2 DLC for Battlefield 4, and one for Call of Dutry, and one for every other generic shooter that will be released in the next years.
FPS doesn't need more graphics, it needs more variety and depth. EA is starting to understand now that a flat battlefield is a boring battlefield. BattleField 4 finally allows you to use skyscrapers and buildings to your advantage. Something almost no other FPS game has taken advantage of. Verticality is the next step for FPS games.

Variety of movement in FPS game is also a step forward. Titan Fall is doing this with wall runs and jetpacks. More gibbing and more chunks of meat flying everywhere isn't exactly revolutionary or game changing.

Finally we have random events/contents with Bungie's Destiny.

Yes, but Call of Duty: Ghost - DOGS! With fur!!!!!

In all seriousness, I'd rather see games like Payday 2 where the graphics aren't up to an awful lot but instead go for a nice clean art style. This endless pursuit of realism and bloated budgets will be the death of gaming.
Just make me an FPS of Warhammer titans, and I'll be happy.
Yes I understand your point of more gameplay insted. But, I feel like more gameplay with incredible graphics would make the immersion incomprehensible.
ZeroSense eredeti hozzászólása:
Yes I understand your point of more gameplay insted. But, I feel like more gameplay with incredible graphics would make the immersion incomprehensible.

You can't hope to get such immersion unless you are willing to really starve yourself; freeze; be covered in gore; and top that all off with a feeling that you have no hope of getting through what you are experienceing. A game will remain a game.

I freind of mine actually saw his best mate blown up right in front of him. It took him many years to recover from that true life horror. He can't just load up a save. :(
The ♥♥♥♥ are you talkin' about, man? The FPS genre needs more GOOD historical shooters. Imagine a Civil War FPS!
Whic civil war?
The American Civil War (1861-1865) was the one I was thinking of.
Baptista Minola eredeti hozzászólása:
The American Civil War (1861-1865) was the one I was thinking of.

I think you're missing the point entirely.
I sure cant wait to storm ohama beach for the gazillionth time.
Baptista Minola eredeti hozzászólása:
The ♥♥♥♥ are you talkin' about, man? The FPS genre needs more GOOD historical shooters. Imagine a Civil War FPS!
EPIC
mmmcheesywaffles eredeti hozzászólása:

You can't hope to get such immersion unless you are willing to really starve yourself; freeze; be covered in gore; and top that all off with a feeling that you have no hope of getting through what you are experienceing. A game will remain a game.

I freind of mine actually saw his best mate blown up right in front of him. It took him many years to recover from that true life horror. He can't just load up a save. :(
While I understand that, I feel like to people who havent experienced that, it would be fantastic. From a historical perspective, I think it is necessary for people to understand the brutality of violence. But it would also be enjoyable, or maybe more of a bitter sweet work of art.
While I understand that, I feel like to people who havent experienced that, it would be fantastic. From a historical perspective, I think it is necessary for people to understand the brutality of violence. But it would also be enjoyable, or maybe more of a bitter sweet work of art.

It is a matter of where we draw the line. The things that worry me are kids [and immature adults] already are exposed to far too much computer based violence. I think teh games are brilliant at helping build up reflexes and strategy and so on... but we don't really know how much damage is already done to vulnerable people.

Our digital world is not real.. we all see that. But it crosses into our real lives more than we sometimes admit to ourselves. For example... you write something in a thread and someone else tries to make you look foolish. No matter how much you try not to let it effect you, you will feel some anger or annoyance or perhpas hurt. Even as adults we find it hard to spearate the two worlds. Stunning visuals of brutality flashing before our eyes can only be harmful. Unless we want to make ourselves so impervious to bloodshed that we can laugh when we see a real accident. If advertising didn't work then I could accpet that such imagry probably doesn't work.

You might think it harmless but and you personally may not be too damaged by it. But how can we stop the vulnerable people from playing those games if they feel peer pressure to play them? We don't need those images; we know enough to know they probably do more harm than good.. so I say don't have those images. The games industry is built on fantastic games that have no blood.
< >
115/31 megjegyzés mutatása
Laponként: 1530 50

Összes téma > Steam fórumok > Off Topic > Téma részletei
Közzétéve: 2013. okt. 23., 21:30