Matinski™ Oct 27, 2013 @ 11:27am
Do you feel the same....
Lots of new games and most of them are poor quality, recycled games with DLC and branded as new, short and lacking value for money...

I have been gaming since the SNES and never in my life have I felt so let down by the industry and it's money grabbing ways as I do now.

-Sell 3/4's of a game as retail and then the other quarter as DLC

-Short campaigns which lack substance

-Laggy, glitchy poorly optimised

This is 2013... is it wrong to expect more rather than less? Some of the games 10 years ago were so much better regarding the time and trouble that were put into them.

I for one am sick of these 1/2 ♥♥♥-ed attempts to get my money! Gaming has certainly become more popular and this has attracted every money hungry producer and developer to the table... and they are hungry! for your cash! They enlist fanboi's (fanbois are definately the scum of the earth in my opinion) and paid 'raters' to go around reviewing their rubbish games in a positive way.

How long before we say enough is enough! We have the money... We want something decent!

/Edit... to be fair I don't mean this about all games... just more and more that are released.

----------------------------

If you are a fanboi then you are worthless!

Last edited by Matinski™; Oct 27, 2013 @ 11:34am
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Matinski™ Oct 27, 2013 @ 11:39am 
Originally posted by Muppet among Puppets:
Informing -> making informed purchases.

More informing -> make good games to buy.
Matinski™ Oct 27, 2013 @ 11:54am 
Every shop is full of things that you dont need.
What gets bought will get sold.

You make no sense... "What gets bought will get sold"?!?! Ok. give me the option to return the games I don't like or sell them on?

I am not talking about need... I am talking about the approach the games industry is taking... i.e. make it cheap, sell it for a lot... care less.

Surely someone with a higher intellect and who has read my initail post will reply?!?
Last edited by Matinski™; Oct 27, 2013 @ 11:55am
Matinski™ Oct 27, 2013 @ 11:56am 
I never buy games that i dont like.

Of course you don't. Because you have already played them and know what you like and what you don't! But really... are you high?

Edit - Surely someone with a higher intellect and who has read my initial post will reply?!?
Last edited by Matinski™; Oct 27, 2013 @ 11:57am
Matinski™ Oct 27, 2013 @ 12:00pm 
What is so hard to understand is why you don't get my initial post about the industry going down hill.

And on a side point... how do you inform yourself... ???

1. Play a demo... most games on PC don't have one

2. Go onto a review site that is infested with fanbois and paid raters to see an unfair and distorted view of the games?

3. Or perhaps you have a 6th sense? Perhaps you could enlighten us about games in the future?

Change your name from Muppet among Puppets (the muppet part seems apt) to 'Oracle of all games'?
Last edited by Matinski™; Oct 27, 2013 @ 12:03pm
Matinski™ Oct 27, 2013 @ 12:06pm 
You now the wonder of motion pictures? Like in "videos"..... Video reviews.....

And calling someone "lacking intellect" who makes choices in a way that they are good choices, while complaining about that you cant make good choices and that developers have to fix that for you, is maybe not a proof of your mental superiority.

Actually I said 'HIGHER INTELLECT' but nevermind. I certainly don't claim to be superior to anyone. I know what I want and I feel let down with games... simple. You are welcome to disagree but at least keep it on topic?

And.. as for the amazing motion pictures you refer to... seeing a game isn't playing it. AND new releases don't have much to go on. Should I wait to buy ALL my games until there is a wealth of motion picture validation?!?!? No.. I thought not.
Jasperline Oct 27, 2013 @ 12:08pm 
Originally posted by Matinski™:
You now the wonder of motion pictures? Like in "videos"..... Video reviews.....

And calling someone "lacking intellect" who makes choices in a way that they are good choices, while complaining about that you cant make good choices and that developers have to fix that for you, is maybe not a proof of your mental superiority.

Actually I said 'HIGHER INTELLECT' but nevermind. I certainly don't claim to be superior to anyone. I know what I want and I feel let down with games... simple. You are welcome to disagree but at least keep it on topic?

And.. as for the amazing motion pictures you refer to... seeing a game isn't playing it. AND new releases don't have much to go on. Should I wait to buy ALL my games until there is a wealth of motion picture validation?!?!? No.. I thought not.

Why wouldn't you? I don't buy new releases on day one, that's MY choice. I do informed looking to see what the game play LOOKS like and READ about it, before I make a purchase.

As for the market going down hill, I have to disagree. Like everything else in life, there is a ton of crap and good ones. Takes patience and looking.

-To a point everyone is GREEDY. Book publishers, movie producers, everyone. Money makes the world go round.
Last edited by Jasperline; Oct 27, 2013 @ 12:10pm
Pforschie Oct 27, 2013 @ 12:14pm 
No not all of them but videos from people you know(what they like) and trust. Then there is Metacritic, short reviews for additional bits of info. And there is the forum at Steam. From all combined you get a good impression.
Last edited by Pforschie; Oct 27, 2013 @ 12:16pm
Matinski™ Oct 27, 2013 @ 12:14pm 
@ Jasperline... I see your point.. the fact that you point out that there is a 'ton of crap' only validates my aguement.

@ Muppet... I also see you point... but I am addressing the issue here (albeit in a small way) but I agree, while the mindless gaming parts of the population accept less we all suffer. That does not mean that I have to like it....

When does change come? When people address it! I can be informed but I can also be outraged! You strike me as the 'complacent cause'. You don't like it but you do nothing.

Life is a choice... you make your choices... but if you do nothing about the choices presented your choices dwindle... Are you the problem or the solution?

Leonem Oct 27, 2013 @ 12:15pm 
I feel you man. It's sad to see that only those who pay for a overpriced "Super Mega Collector Edition" get some things that should already be in game... Most of new games are like that.
I understand when a new engine is made, it needs to be tested and optimised. The first games made with an engine can be buggy... but not broken ffs.

Of course there's still great games made. But we clearly feel that we're being mocked in overall.
I believe that's because of stupid people that agree with everything corporations makes, even the bad ideas, telling everyone who got constructive critisism that they can only complain.

Look at what happened with Resident Evil 4-5-6 ... Some people agree with that!
Capcom was great before Srrewing up the RE series and starting selling DLCs.
Look at Hitman Absolution... Some people actually thinks it's a great Hitman game! WTF!?
Look at how far behind Crysis 2 is compared to Crysis 1...

Some people just deny obvious things, things that are F***ed up and only wants to see the good in everyting. IMO, Optimism is a bad judge.
Some other people don't know anything about the evolution of a game and try to judge it as if their opinion was valuable.

So many causual gamers that are unable to tell a game is good because of the old graphics.
Like if Half-Life, Fallout or other cult classic that are turned to derision because some young newbies can't understand what came at a certain time.

Everything goes so fast that some people don't understand how everything evolved.
The major problem in gaming as in our societies nowadays is, IMO, ignorance, lack of judgement and compliance to crookery.

The gaming scene is likely more divided than before. That's the main problem.
When there was this rivality between Nintendo and Sega, everyone was "Fighting" for the best.
Now we get bullcrap and people buy with a smile to get the worst we can get...

At least, in the "Good ol' time", games were fully made. And you could hope for an expension pack that would >expend< the original game to something bigger.

Some problems with gaming shouldn't exist in our days and it's bugging me a lot.
Nothing will be fixed if we blind our eyes and are compliant to crooked marketing technics.
Matinski™ Oct 27, 2013 @ 12:16pm 
Originally posted by Pforschie:
Originally posted by Matinski™:

No not all of them but videos from people you know(what they like) and trust. Then there is Metacritic, short reviews for additional bits of info. And there is the forum at Steam. From all combined you get a good impression.

-I don't know anyone who post videos.

-Metacritic used to be a trusted source.. now full of paid raters and employee reviews (if you don't believe metake the time to read some.

Steam forums are now well known for Fanboi's and the inability to have a decent debate!

Matinski™ Oct 27, 2013 @ 12:18pm 
@ Leonem. You make some really good points! At least you agree and can see my point.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Oct 27, 2013 @ 11:27am