G-Kast Dec 27, 2013 @ 1:15am
PC gamer who perfers controllers
I'm a devoted PC gamer and I hate the fact that some people genuinely think consoles are better than PC but I don't necessarily hate consoles, just the people who play them, make them, etc. But I love controllers. There's something about it that makes the gameplay feel cinematic. When I think about it, I've had more fun with controllers then mouse and keyboard. I felt like I had a way better experience playing on my xbox controller on Fo3. Is this weird?
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Star Fire Dec 27, 2013 @ 1:23am 
No not at all.
Controls are way better then mouses but they have pros and cons.
IE NEVER EVER play an FPS with a controller trust me it doesn't work.
On the other hand never play ANY Beat em up like skullgirls without a controller.
All around I think the main point of a mouse is to play point and clicks FPS's and RTS games and any game that requires a lot of aim.
Controller based games require well....more controll duh when you need to jam a bunch of buttons while running away from a mob you'll be better off with a controller anyday.
So in my opion loving a controller more is normal but they do have pros and cons.
KEV1N Dec 27, 2013 @ 1:35am 
I play most third person games with a controller. It just doesn't feel right using a mouse and keyboard. I don't know why.
Storm Dec 27, 2013 @ 1:40am 
There are games that are just better with a controller.
darron5 Dec 27, 2013 @ 3:37am 
controllers are better for couch potatos like me. who like to relax while playing games.
Muraz Dec 27, 2013 @ 4:07am 
Some games are better with a controller because they're designed to be played with a controller, but any game that is designed to be played with a keyboard and mouse setup has better controls. FPS games are the prime example.
iza :> Dec 27, 2013 @ 6:21am 
Recently finished Assassins Creed IV with the XBOX controller, also Demonicon soon and State of Decay. Some games are ridiculous with keyboard and mouse.

I remember that i finished Dark Souls with keyboard and mouse, which is harder than controller.. :D
Pig yo Dec 27, 2013 @ 6:23am 
I think it just depends on the game really i like to mix it up
PΩD∇ΔL CΔPΣLLΔ Jan 25 @ 10:49pm 
Keyboard
Nightmare Sasha Jan 25 @ 10:51pm 
Originally posted by Pig yo:
I think it just depends on the game really i like to mix it up
git_gud_laombox Jan 25 @ 10:56pm 
I don't care what game it is.
mouse and keyboard every time.
Star Fire Jan 25 @ 10:56pm 
Originally posted by realistic chair simulator:
try that thoey out with rouge legacy
Burial by Moonlight Jan 25 @ 10:57pm 
Originally posted by Starbound Explorer:
Originally posted by realistic chair simulator:
try that thoey out with rouge legacy

now that is a challange.
Gandalf the Goat Jan 26 @ 2:47am 
Keyboards give you more options. They have at least ten times as many buttons which can be programmed in games to do heaps of things more than controllers can.
Da Atte Jan 26 @ 4:21am 
I myself like the controllers too. It's just the fact that they don't work for every game.
Like one of my latest purchases Call of Juarez: Gunslinger was just simply awful with controller. Then I switched to keyboard and mouse, well, the result was getting 100% more points per level.

Originally posted by KEV1N:
I play most third person games with a controller. It just doesn't feel right using a mouse and keyboard. I don't know why.
Me too. It just somehow feels better in those kind of games.
Star Fire Jan 26 @ 10:23pm 
Originally posted by The Other Goat:
Keyboards give you more options. They have at least ten times as many buttons which can be programmed in games to do heaps of things more than controllers can.:whiterun:
But it's harder to access the buttons your trying to press.
Where as the thing about controllers is that the buttons are closer to you then with a keyboard.
and when your using a laptop ♥♥♥♥ING HELL THE BUTTONS ARE A MILE AWAY FROM THE MOUSE! Even using trackpad is bad.
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 27, 2013 @ 1:15am