All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
Looking for a Good, yet cheap, video editor.
I'm looking to start making videos on YouTube. I have been looking for recording and editing software to do so. I have decided that I'm going to use Fraps as a recorder to start. I just need a good, cheap editor. I've looked at Sony Vegas, but it seems too expensive. I thought about just using the Windows Live Movie Maker, but I've heard it can crash and delete videos? If anyone has a recommendation for me, I'm all ears.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
DRUNK_CANADIAN Dec 17, 2014 @ 11:00am 
I remember Sony Vegas used to be all the rage....

And honestly its still your best option even given price....
gleofrocga Dec 17, 2014 @ 3:00pm 
Windows Movie maker isn't bad at all for clipping and adding music and sounds. Preserves quality, and you can go onto to use Handbrake to compress it further without losing quality again.

Save your Windows Movie Maker Project often, as sometimes it gets a bit tempermental and can just crash. Fraps' AVI files should work fine.
I've heard that there's a difference betwen Windows Movie Maker on Win Vista and before, and Win 7+ "Windows Live Movie Maker" which sucks badly.

Is this true? If so, how would one get the original WMM?
milS Jan 2, 2015 @ 6:33pm 
i am a good video editor and would be willing to edit videos $10 a video or $20 a video if it's over 10 minutes. I use fcpx a 300 dollar program. Message me if you want
Use MS paint to edit each individual frame.
:)
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50

All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
Date Posted: Dec 17, 2014 @ 10:47am