Wszystkie dyskusje > Fora Steam > Off Topic > Szczegóły wątku
DreaMz 19 czerwca 2014 o 5:32
Anyone hear about the "Steamboy"?
So does anyone know anything about the Steamboy?
I think it is something that is going to be amazing, what are your thoughts? I might consider buying this than any other handheld out there, hope it can run CSGO and Left 4 Dead c:

Image: http://core0.staticworld.net/images/article/2014/06/steamboy-100312789-large.jpg

E3 Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UM63RuEhgHU

What are your thoughs? Have fun.
< >
Wyświetlanie 1-15 z 20 komentarzy
UberFiend 19 czerwca 2014 o 5:33 
Have you heard about the Steam Controller...?

Wait and see.
DreaMz 19 czerwca 2014 o 5:37 
Początkowo opublikowane przez UberFiend:
Have you heard about the Steam Controller...?

Wait and see.
Yes I have, to me it looks exactly like this, but with more things into it.

I hope they do well on the Steam Controller and the Steam Machine.
Spawn of Totoro 19 czerwca 2014 o 5:44 
I think it isn't even associated with Valve and only a 3rd party concept, trying to cash in on another companies success.

It also will lack storage (from the current spec listing). I don't see this working out they way they want.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/135381-SteamBoy-Aims-To-Be-The-Handheld-Steam-Machine-Update
Katjajett 20 stycznia 2015 o 12:56 
Has anyone heard any updates on this thing? I would buy this in a heartbeat if I could stream Skyrim on the go. Last I heard it was slated for sometime this year (2015) but I can't find any updates
Kargor 20 stycznia 2015 o 15:17 
Steam doesn't have handheld games, so that's a rather pointless project for them.

They should have pushed the Steam-Machine project more, instead of focusing on pointless stuff like the Steam Controller, SteamOS, or this "Steam-Boy" thing. None of this makes them sell a single additional game, whereas getting PC manufacturers to sell PCs wrapped into a console outfit might allow them to snatch a bit of the console market share.
DreaMz 20 stycznia 2015 o 18:09 
Początkowo opublikowane przez Kargor:
Steam doesn't have handheld games, so that's a rather pointless project for them.

They should have pushed the Steam-Machine project more, instead of focusing on pointless stuff like the Steam Controller, SteamOS, or this "Steam-Boy" thing. None of this makes them sell a single additional game, whereas getting PC manufacturers to sell PCs wrapped into a console outfit might allow them to snatch a bit of the console market share.

That's why the Steam Boy will support most or even all the games we have.. but portable, think of it like on the go, you have the games every where you go. Hopefully this goes through well and CSGO optimizes well with the handeheld, I'd buy this for sure!
76561198037572050 20 stycznia 2015 o 19:51 
I don't know enything...
I asked myself the same question, the internet has no answers. No news, no signs.
It should came out in 2015 - Where is it now? What happened to their homepage? http://www.steamboymachine.com/
It is canceled i bet.
dat necro
¿wame 4 maja 2015 o 19:21 
No. Just no.
:3 4 maja 2015 o 19:23 
Początkowo opublikowane przez Katjajett:
Has anyone heard any updates on this thing? I would buy this in a heartbeat if I could stream Skyrim on the go. Last I heard it was slated for sometime this year (2015) but I can't find any updates
Theres this device you can buy for just 200$ that lets you stream any game anywhere your connected to wifi, its called the nvidea sheild portable handheld device. Not only is it perfect for streaming but its also great for emulators(i pretty much buoght it for the emu).Feels just like i am playing on a game boy advance(almost).Its also got a nvidea tegra 4 processor and 2GB of ram as well as a special controller mapping program that allows one to play almost any android game with a controller. Here is a link to the product: http://shield.nvidia.com/store/portable .If you purchase it you will not regret it, plus it has a 10 hour battery life as advertised.
Thanks man, i did not know that one also can install emulators on the shield. Does it has any storage so i can install some indiegames and dont have to stream? A mobile device that i can only use in the same network as my computer, is cool, but for almost 200€ does not make much sense to me.
:3 5 maja 2015 o 9:31 
Początkowo opublikowane przez Dr. Arschko Med.:
Thanks man, i did not know that one also can install emulators on the shield. Does it has any storage so i can install some indiegames and dont have to stream? A mobile device that i can only use in the same network as my computer, is cool, but for almost 200€ does not make much sense to me.
It has 16 GB of storage and can play any and all java games, if your phone wifi is fast enough i heard you can stream from your home PC to the sheild from anywhere.You can also connect to wifi and given enough speed you can set it up so it can turn on your home PC and stream directly from it.
Manny 5 maja 2015 o 9:39 
It's interesting, but handhelds are not my cup of tea and neither is gaming on the go.
Clan Wolf 10 sierpnia 2015 o 23:07 
Listened to Yanis Varoufakis 2013 interview, former economist-in-residence at Valve Software. He really explains the inner workings of Valve.

Its been mentioned before but these decisions seemed to be based on how Valve determines bonuses (for which their are no limit).

So what happens when it comes to determining bonuses, you can vote in favor of somebody else getting a bonus, but you can't vote for yourself.

They use the eurovison song contest said gabe. You can vote for others but not your own. So Valve are not voting for their own hardware to be used, their voting for others hardware to be used. This is at least a good guess to how they make these decisions, its likely anyway.

steamboy is a good choice. long term bet thats a future bet?

http://www.econtalk.org/archives/2013/02/varoufakis_on_v.html

considering the track pads are generally something new, Valve patent tech? but aside from not knowing what the steam controller pads will be like until its in my hands.

the steamboy is;
Good for AMD. suppose it better than PSVita. its prolly their new low wattage CPUs, like 14watt.

Valve increasing their steam audience is good for consumers and if you don't your are fools.

Via lowest risk possible and with least amount of authoritarian control from other companys. Otherwise they repeat the OS tyranny gateway control again but with hardware.

But most importantly dont see the need to activate a tyranny of their own towards other companys and so don't mind if hardware manufacturers want to use their OS and Steam service own their platform.

Ostatnio edytowany przez: Clan Wolf; 11 sierpnia 2015 o 0:28
< >
Wyświetlanie 1-15 z 20 komentarzy
Na stronę: 1530 50

Wszystkie dyskusje > Fora Steam > Off Topic > Szczegóły wątku
Data napisania: 19 czerwca 2014 o 5:32