All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
Issues with Gaming
Hey I'm having a few issues, I have a Brand new Desktop Computer, I've been with Steam for a while now and I've downloaded a a few games that's are really laggy an slow lately an I'm wondering what the issue is, I have a Windows 8.1 Software and i have 800 GB Free space, and I'm just wondering why these games have been slow for me, here is a list of them

: Next Car Game; WreckFest

: Spintires

and I've also played them all in low detail an still slow mainly the WreckFest game is bad for me My Internet Connection is in Great Shape it isn't anything to do with that... if anyone could help me with my issues
< >
Showing 1-15 of 35 comments
Γαῖα Jan 24, 2015 @ 3:29pm 
Gives us more PC specs please
Michael Allen Jan 24, 2015 @ 3:42pm 
where can I find that?
Michael Allen Jan 24, 2015 @ 3:49pm 
Originally posted by gaiaconsequence:
where can i find the Specs?
Γαῖα Jan 24, 2015 @ 3:58pm 
performance information and tools - just type that into the search bar in the start menu.
C4Warr10r Jan 24, 2015 @ 4:04pm 
Who is your internet provider? More importantly, even though this is a bit personal, where do you live? Internet connections are often bad in the country. Even if you have FIOS, they can be scewed up by copper junction boxes.
Last edited by C4Warr10r; Jan 24, 2015 @ 4:05pm
Michael Allen Jan 24, 2015 @ 4:21pm 
Originally posted by C4Warr10r:
Who is your internet provider? More importantly, even though this is a bit personal, where do you live? Internet connections are often bad in the country. Even if you have FIOS, they can be scewed up by copper junction boxes.

I have Time Warner Cable and Internet, Very reliable no issues at all with Service, the hole Family uses it and it has no problem.. I'm in New York State, the internet
service and Speed is really good,
Michael Allen Jan 24, 2015 @ 4:21pm 
performance information and tools - just type that into the search bar in the start menu.

Ive tried but can't find anything.???
Perquisitore Jan 24, 2015 @ 4:30pm 
Right click on my PC → Properties
Or
Start (idk how's called, this key on your keyboard with the windows logo) + R → write dxdiag
Or
The same thing Gaia said
Michael Allen Jan 24, 2015 @ 4:33pm 
I have windows 8.1 I'm not sure where to find it???

Originally posted by Perquisitore:
Or
Start (idk how's called, this key on your keyboard with the windows logo) + R → write dxdiag
Or
The same thing Gaia said
Michael Allen Jan 24, 2015 @ 4:44pm 
I'm not a Computer Wiz... can anyone help me :/?
Michael Allen Jan 24, 2015 @ 4:53pm 
I found it, the Processor is a Intel (R) Core(TM) i5-3330S CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.70 GHz

i have 7.88 GB Usable left,

system type : 64 bit operating system x64 based Processor

pen and touch : full windows touch support with 10 touch points

its a windows 8.1

Or
Or
The same thing Gaia said

Perquisitore Jan 24, 2015 @ 4:55pm 
Ugh, W8... well, it's similar.
We gonna do it easier: just right click on your desktop and go to the last option (idk how's called in English but it's the last one) and then go to change the icons of your desktop or something like that. Click on PC, now you have your PC in your desktop so you don't have to search for it.

And this is the same, right click on PC and properties. Here's which OS you have, CPU and RAM. The only one you can't see here is your video card, so you have to do what Gaia said or dxdiag. Also, you can see it in control panel (you can do the same you did with the icon of your PC, you can show it in the desktop too) and then hardware → device manager → display adapters, click on it and you can see which video card you have.
For this I prefer what Gaia said or dxdiag though.

Or again, you can do Start (keyboard) + R → dxdiag
Here you can see your version of directX, RAM, OS, CPU, video card... almost all you need to know right now. Well, you can't see your network but...

Edit: Whops, I was writting it before you find it but I'm a bit slowly in English, sorry.
Last edited by Perquisitore; Jan 24, 2015 @ 4:55pm
Michael Allen Jan 24, 2015 @ 5:06pm 
Operating System : Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600)

System manufacturer : Dell Inc.

System Model: Insiron One 2330

BISO: A09

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3330 CPU @ 2.70GHz (4 CPUs) - 2.7GHz

Memory: 8192MB Ram

Page File 3289MB used 6055MB Avaliable

DirectX Verison DirectX 11

Ugh, W8... well, it's similar.
We gonna do it easier: just right click on your desktop and go to the last option (idk how's called in English but it's the last one) and then go to change the icons of your desktop or something like that. Click on PC, now you have your PC in your desktop so you don't have to search for it.

And this is the same, right click on PC and properties. Here's which OS you have, CPU and RAM. The only one you can't see here is your video card, so you have to do what Gaia said or dxdiag. Also, you can see it in control panel (you can do the same you did with the icon of your PC, you can show it in the desktop too) and then hardware → device manager → display adapters, click on it and you can see which video card you have.
For this I prefer what Gaia said or dxdiag though.

Or again, you can do Start (keyboard) + R → dxdiag
Here you can see your version of directX, RAM, OS, CPU, video card... almost all you need to know right now. Well, you can't see your network but...

Edit: Whops, I was writting it before you find it but I'm a bit slowly in English, sorry.

Perquisitore Jan 24, 2015 @ 5:09pm 
To be honest I don't know what to tell you, it seems you pass the recommended requirements for the second one and the minimum for the first one. At least CPU, RAM and OS. I don't know about your video card but these three things seem fine.
Are your drivers updated? I was going to tell you to low the graphics but it seems you did it. Are there any filters? They tend to slow the game if your PC can't with them, if it has filters and are activated try to lower or deactivate them (because they're a pain).
Have you read something on their forums? Like complains or something (for example MH2015 has some problems about that or had at least >_>). I've never heard about these games before so I don't know, but they're in anticipated access, right? Have you read any complains about optimization?
Perquisitore Jan 24, 2015 @ 5:11pm 
Ok, I forgot to tell you, sorry, the video card features are in the second page (screen).
For example, mine is NVIDIA Geforce GT 520.

Edit: Well, at least I've found something about Next Car Game; WreckFest:

"YOUR GAME RUNS LIKE A DOG, ANY IDEAS?
Even though our engine is designed to run on low-spec systems as well, using the highest visual quality settings and maximum number of AI cars is taxing. In case you're experiencing poor performance, you should try to reduce the system strain via the game's launcher. Try disabling ambient occlusion, dynamic reflections or lowering the number of AI cars and visual quality settings. Especially if you’re on a laptop it’s also possible that your primary display adapter is not detected by the game."

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/630802979670669580/
Last edited by Perquisitore; Jan 24, 2015 @ 5:19pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 35 comments
Per page: 1530 50

All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
Date Posted: Jan 24, 2015 @ 3:24pm