All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
Rodeo Bob Sep 20, 2014 @ 3:03pm
Favorite Movie and why?
I was curious about all of your favorite movie and why it was great mine is Star Wars Episode 5 because of the story,the acting,andd everything in the movie was just amazing.(and yes i am a huge star wars nerd)
Last edited by Rodeo Bob; Sep 20, 2014 @ 6:09pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 47 comments
Fork_Q2 Sep 20, 2014 @ 3:11pm 
2001: A Space Odyssey.

Incredibly philosophical film about man's place in the universe; where he came from and how he will overcome the existential nightmare of being either alone or not alone in the universe.

Interesting way it deals with alien contact, some genuinely scary parts, great use of music (if slightly disjointed), full of subtle cues and references to Nietzsche, and Schopenhauer. One of the most intellectually satisfying films ever made.

It's not for everyone though (probably not even most science fiction film fans), and far from perfect. But I love it to bits.
ty2 Sep 20, 2014 @ 3:26pm 
Trailer Park Boys. Any of them is very funny.
Depends on what day you ask me. I have many.

Hundreds, even.
Naedmi Sep 20, 2014 @ 3:28pm 
District 9. It changed the way I looked at science fiction movies.... And racism.
gleofrocga Sep 20, 2014 @ 3:39pm 
The Beast.

One of few Russian-Afghan War Films, and doesn't instantly stereotype the Mujaideen people as mindless terrorists. It's kind of the Generic sort of story structure as the Last Samuri or avatar, as the main character who is part of the "good" side finds himself with the guerilla fighters or whatever you want to call them.
Zespri Sep 20, 2014 @ 3:44pm 
Blade Runner.

A lot has been written about this movie, and practically everything is nothing but a load of nonsense, conceited people trying to demonstrate how clever they are by explaining countless theories about the very essence of our being and many other grandiloquent stuff that supposedly take place on the film.
The movie is simply a story. A good story. And what makes me love it is its vision of the near future, the chaotic streets of Los Angeles coloured by neon lights in a permanent rainy night. And the awesome music flows along with the scenario, quietly, dropping sounds like the rain.
It's a personal experience, I'm sucked into its dark atmosphere and I love it. Not a single film relax me like this one does, it's great for introspection.
Soundpulse Sep 20, 2014 @ 3:47pm 
Guardians of the Galaxy right now.
Fantastic.
Filtered Sep 20, 2014 @ 3:56pm 
That is a rather difficult question. I have tons of movies that I thoroughly enjoy and have re-watched dozens of times. I don't think I can pick a definite favorite so I'm just going to list a few of my top picks.

- The Shining
- A Nightmare on Elm Street
- Memento

The first two are on that list because I started watching horror movies at an early age and those were a couple of the first ones that I saw, so I think pretty highly of them. Memento is on there because of the unique way the story was presented. When I first saw it I was very impressed with the film, and even now I still think it's one of the most original ideas I've seen in a movie.
Blade Runner.
It's a dystopian vision of the future where technology is highly advanced yet flawed which gives it a highly realistic yet still fantastical feel. The soundtrack is amazing and atmospheric and the special effects still look incredible despite being painted backdrops and miniatures. Rutger Hauer is also brilliant, he has a famous monologue at the end which was all improvised i don't know how he didn't become a huge star after this movie, he is so charismatic and interesting.
It's excellent, check it out.
kaffeesatz Sep 20, 2014 @ 4:43pm 
Originally posted by I AM SHODAN!:
Depends on what day you ask me. I have many.

Hundreds, even.

this

And atm thats Cold In July, great lead actors, nice twists and an awesome soundtrack.
Blade Runner and Memento are astoundingly good films, and definitely on my list.

A few others:

>Fight Club
>Dark City
>Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
>Legend
>Donnie Darko
>LOTR Trilogy (yeah, it counts as one movie, sue me. And the Hobbit films are an abomination.)
>The Matrix
>The Princess Bride
>Silent Hill
>The Dark Knight
>In The Mouth of Madness
>The Mothman Prophecies
>Spirited Away
>Tron Legacy
>Ghostbusters
>Dune
>The Crow

Rodeo Bob Sep 20, 2014 @ 6:07pm 
so many comments in only 2 hours geeze
Last edited by Rodeo Bob; Sep 20, 2014 @ 6:07pm
Filtered Sep 20, 2014 @ 6:13pm 
Originally posted by I AM SHODAN!:
>Ghostbusters

Ghostbusters is a great movie, and I would say it even gets a spot in my top 5 for this scene alone lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdoBLtLwpQQ
thebootybandit Sep 20, 2014 @ 6:16pm 
easy mine is the matrix
MOM Sep 20, 2014 @ 6:25pm 
Lone survivor. Great acting, true story, and the name is more than one word
< >
Showing 1-15 of 47 comments
Per page: 1530 50

All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
Date Posted: Sep 20, 2014 @ 3:03pm