All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
Destiny
Wanting to go and rent it-Is it For PC or just xbox and ps?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
DignifiedPeach Sep 20, 2014 @ 11:16am 
Okay.
DignifiedPeach Sep 22, 2014 @ 7:40am 
It was awesome. If anyone else is reading this page....Try it out. It sucked returning it. Now I'm scavenging up 60 dollars.
Lucy Sep 22, 2014 @ 7:41am 
Originally posted by DignifiedPeach:
It was awesome. If anyone else is reading this page....Try it out. It sucked returning it. Now I'm scavenging up 60 dollars.
Thanks for letting us know :)
DignifiedPeach Sep 22, 2014 @ 7:42am 
Originally posted by Lucy:
Originally posted by DignifiedPeach:
Thanks for letting us know :)
Yeah. in the past two days, I probably spent 16 hours playing and didn't get bored. I'm pretty sure that's the longest I've played one game in the course of 2 days lol. I may be wrong.
SlyMeerkat Sep 22, 2014 @ 7:55am 
I dont quite understand what all the fuss is about this game, i aint bothered about it but wont mind having it, just not all mad or in a rush for it.
chibilibi Sep 22, 2014 @ 8:22am 
Originally posted by SlyMeerkat:
I dont quite understand what all the fuss is about this game, i aint bothered about it but wont mind having it, just not all mad or in a rush for it.

It was hyped because it was a big-budget title made by Bungie.
SlyMeerkat Sep 22, 2014 @ 9:19am 
Originally posted by FuG chibilibi:

It was hyped because it was a big-budget title made by Bungie.
So its made by a good company but it still dont bother me lol
Last edited by SlyMeerkat; Sep 22, 2014 @ 9:20am
Western Sep 22, 2014 @ 9:32am 
Trikki Nikki Sep 22, 2014 @ 12:52pm 
I played it at my cousins house. A few missions, and I was just in love. I need to get my own copy. I only played a little, but from what I've played, I would give it at least a 9/10. And for me, 10/10 means super perfect with no problems what-so-ever. When I judge games, 5 is my average.
Last edited by Trikki Nikki; Sep 22, 2014 @ 12:52pm
SlyMeerkat Sep 22, 2014 @ 12:55pm 
Originally posted by sdrawkcab sepyt enaB:
I played it at my cousins house. A few missions, and I was just in love. I need to get my own copy. I only played a little, but from what I've played, I would give it at least a 9/10. And for me, 10/10 means super perfect with no problems what-so-ever. When I judge games, 5 is my average.
Yes, i have to played it for a bit at a friends house and yes it does look good but nothing i would want to rush out and get right away, i can wait for the game price to drop more to where i think it is worth it but at that price, no thanks, its not that good..... Something like GTA V is more worth its full retail price because of what it is and so on :)
Trikki Nikki Sep 22, 2014 @ 1:18pm 
Yes, i have to played it for a bit at a friends house and yes it does look good but nothing i would want to rush out and get right away, i can wait for the game price to drop more to where i think it is worth it but at that price, no thanks, its not that good..... Something like GTA V is more worth its full retail price because of what it is and so on :)
Well, everyone has opinions. If you think it's low priority, that's your call.
SlyMeerkat Sep 22, 2014 @ 1:56pm 
Well, everyone has opinions. If you think it's low priority, that's your call.
yes they do :)
Neofunctional Sep 22, 2014 @ 1:57pm 
I don't own the new consoles.
PC Master Race.
Last edited by Neofunctional; Sep 22, 2014 @ 1:57pm
Trikki Nikki Sep 25, 2014 @ 1:19pm 
Originally posted by FieryAngelRoy:
. The story is a mash up of sci-fi cliche's, during game play you actually receive notices to go read up on story bits online. Should I really have to go to their website to add to the story after every play through?

Of course you don't have to. If you don't care about the story, IGNORE IT!!!!

The combat in the game is solid, the controls are good. They are what they should be, Quake had these qualities many years ago. I am not going to praise the game for something that should be a base line feature.

The big difference is that now there is a much larger emphasis on movement in order to survive. At least in the story mode. So now it's a lot more fun and encouraging of running around, going fast and shooting quickly and precisely, giving a lot of room for player skill.

The vast majority of "story" missions are go A to B and have impbot scan an object and defend from wave after wave of enemies. The story mode is essentially horde mode for 15 hours.

And other FPS games with story modes are so much different?

The co op aspect of the game has a partner or two silently dance or point at you from time to time or working on the depleting the massive health bar of a boss to zero.

If your teammates are idiots, yea, they'll do nothing like you describe. I didn't like how in the story missions teammates drop in and out. The Massive health bar missions are strike missions, meant to be long and challenging. I only played the first one, and it had lots of challenging enemies, while still maintaining the whole "movement to survive" emphasis.

The role playing aspects are limited and underwhelming, armor and clothing is bland..

So apparently having classes, sub-classes, leveling up, skill slots, stats based on certain skill slots, armor and weapon customization, and enemies also having levels all fall under limited and underwhelming? And I don't care if the clothing doesn't look interesting enough for some, because that is a very minor complaint.

PVP has a mere 3 modes, team death match, conquest and free for all.

While I agree it could have more modes, let's face it, how many game modes do you really care for in other FPS games? For me, not many. I'd much prefer they work harder on few maps and game modes as well as the main game in order to make those few parts better, rather than making tons and tons of lame ideas.

Destiny does not have a single new idea or do any one thing particularly well.

You think it adds no new Ideas?

FPSRPG
Customization of weapon, armor, abilities, etc.
Emphasis on movement to survive in story
Supercharges
Classes and Subclasses
Several different types of enemies with similarities and differences
Naedmi Sep 25, 2014 @ 1:32pm 

FPSRPG
Customization of weapon, armor, abilities, etc.
Emphasis on movement to survive in story
Supercharges
Classes and Subclasses
Several different types of enemies with similarities and differences

You had me untill the end there. Where you pretty much described Borderlands 2 and any other RPG.

In my opinion Destiny is a game highly lacking, though pretty (like Bioshock Infinite). The AI can't get any more stupid in it. It also gets repetitive really fast, was overhyped due to the fact that it was made by Bungie and now I hear from most people that it's so generic that they wish they never spent 60 dollars on it.
Last edited by Naedmi; Sep 25, 2014 @ 1:32pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Per page: 1530 50

All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
Date Posted: Sep 20, 2014 @ 11:14am