Alla diskussioner > Steam-forum > Off Topic > Ämnesdetaljer
Denna tråd har blivit låst
The Elder Scrolls Online. [MEGATHREAD]
Remade as the original was deleted by it's creator. It will be merged with this one for now.
< >
Visar 1-15 av 1,234 kommentarer
Midgetbart 14 aug, 2013 @ 7:53 
thoughts on elder scrolls online
what do you think about it
Maloy20 14 aug, 2013 @ 7:58 
I don't work well with most communities lol so idk if I will be able to get into it(It is very hard to consistently play an MMO without being involved in community)
SinisterSlay 14 aug, 2013 @ 8:12 
I don't know either.
Being multi platform tends to hurt the communities (See Defiance MMO) because the console players can't text chat.

Also, no modding ability so you won't be able to do any of the things we do with Skyrim.

I hope it launches as free to play. Nearly all games that started as a subscription and converted, have terrible cash shops. But games developed as free to play tend to have good cash shops.
GirlyCat9001 14 aug, 2013 @ 8:40 
Ursprungligen skrivet av SinisterSlay:
I don't know either.
Being multi platform tends to hurt the communities (See Defiance MMO) because the console players can't text chat.

Also, no modding ability so you won't be able to do any of the things we do with Skyrim.

I hope it launches as free to play. Nearly all games that started as a subscription and converted, have terrible cash shops. But games developed as free to play tend to have good cash shops.
I'd rather pay for the game itself and then play for free but completely free? Not a change
SinisterSlay 14 aug, 2013 @ 8:48 
Ursprungligen skrivet av HighOutra:
I don't know either.

I'd rather pay for the game itself and then play for free but completely free? Not a change
Extremely likely they will go with subscription based. Then when it fails in a year, switch to free to play and implement a pay to win cash shop. Hurting the game even more.
Just like countless other theme park MMOs have done.
GirlyCat9001 14 aug, 2013 @ 8:50 
Well as for my thoughts on ESO: Super-excited, I really can't wait to play with a few friends and go and crush a few Deadra underfoot :D

I'm not into MMOs.

One ot the things that made the Elder Scrolls so successful is user made content. You can't get that in a MMO. And will all MMOs come trollers, hackers, and scammers.

I'll stick to single player. Skyrim still has tons of playtime left for me and hopefully there will be another single player ES in the future.
Man, why do MMOs feel so entiteld to have subscription based ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. Anyway, as SinisterSlay said, its going to fail if they go for subscription based payment.
Rabidmabel 14 aug, 2013 @ 10:25 
If its free to play, then I'm sure it will be an excelent new chapter to the series with a bunch of new and enjoyable twists. If its going to require monthly subscriptions then most fans wont be able to afford to play it. Either way, I do hope that they'll be able to make the game safe from trolls and hackers, cause those who can afford to play the game wont deserve to have their time and money wasted by stuck-ups believing that they have the birth right to muck about online.
Maloy20 14 aug, 2013 @ 10:33 
Ursprungligen skrivet av rabidmabel:
If its free to play, then I'm sure it will be an excelent new chapter to the series with a bunch of new and enjoyable twists. If its going to require monthly subscriptions then most fans wont be able to afford to play it. Either way, I do hope that they'll be able to make the game safe from trolls and hackers, cause those who can afford to play the game wont deserve to have their time and money wasted by stuck-ups believing that they have the birth right to muck about online.
Trolls will always find a way, the key to any use of the internet is to grow thicker skin
DerAlleinTiger 14 aug, 2013 @ 10:47 
I have really high hopes for it. When I first heard about it, I was pissed as can be. I thought it was terrible - the worst idea to have ever entered the minds of the creators. But after hearing more about it, I can't wait!

I'm not a fan of MMO's by any means, but I like the fact that this game was built from the ground-up as both an Elder Scrolls game and a parallel MMO. That seems like the best way to create a multiplayer Elder Scrolls game.

If they're smart, they won't have it as subscription-based nor a free-to-play. They'll sell it just like any other Elder Scrolls game. $60 for a brand-new copy and then you can play to your heart's content. Pay extra for the big expansions and updates, and get free smaller updates and improvements. If they know what they're doing, then they'll do that.

@SinisterSlay - TESO doesn't have a cross-platform community. The Xbone, PS4, and PC communities/servers are completely separate. And, as an original console player, let me say that mods are not what made Oblivion, Fallout, and Skyrim great. Even now that I'm playing on the PC, I still hardly even use mods - mostly just my own custom followers and a few minor tweaks and fixes. Plus, you won't need mods to enjoy it and add more content because, so long as it's successful, TESO will be continually updated for years to come.

As for the topic of pay-to-win, here's my view on it: Some jackass goes and buys an overpowered sword that I could have made with a lot of gametime and effort. He now has the same weapon I have, only earlier and after giving his money to the game devs. Now, I actually went through the effort of creating the weapon. So I spent a lot of time enjoying the game to get the same reward for free while he gave more money to the game devs so that they can improve my game even more. And I don't give two ♥♥♥♥♥ about PvP, so what do I care if someone else payed to become overpowered? He can go and frag it up like it's CoD with all his pay-to-win buddies in the PvP area. I'll stick with going on PvE raids with my best buds and actually enjoying the effort I must put into the game.
SinisterSlay 14 aug, 2013 @ 10:59 
Ursprungligen skrivet av KL*KNoSC DerAlleinTiger:
@SinisterSlay - TESO doesn't have a cross-platform community. The Xbone, PS4, and PC communities/servers are completely separate. And, as an original console player, let me say that mods are not what made Oblivion, Fallout, and Skyrim great. Even now that I'm playing on the PC, I still hardly even use mods - mostly just my own custom followers and a few minor tweaks and fixes. Plus, you won't need mods to enjoy it and add more content because, so long as it's successful, TESO will be continually updated for years to come.
Because the console gamers are certainly enjoying Falskaar right? I know I am.

As for the topic of pay-to-win, here's my view on it: Some jackass goes and buys an overpowered sword that I could have made with a lot of gametime and effort. He now has the same weapon I have, only earlier and after giving his money to the game devs. Now, I actually went through the effort of creating the weapon. So I spent a lot of time enjoying the game to get the same reward for free while he gave more money to the game devs so that they can improve my game even more. And I don't give two ♥♥♥♥♥ about PvP, so what do I care if someone else payed to become overpowered? He can go and frag it up like it's CoD with all his pay-to-win buddies in the PvP area. I'll stick with going on PvE raids with my best buds and actually enjoying the effort I must put into the game.

That's not usually how pay 2 win works.
It's more like this.
You work for hours to make the best sword.
But then some rich kid drops 40 bucks and buys a sword that is hidden behind a pay wall and you can never have no matter how hard you play. This sword is at least twice as good as yours.

I have really high hopes for it. When I first heard about it, I was pissed as can be. I thought it was terrible - the worst idea to have ever entered the minds of the creators. But after hearing more about it, I can't wait!
It has potential, as long as there are not too many "kill x and collect y of z" quests, which are usually 99% of the quests in theme park MMO's.
Senast ändrad av SinisterSlay; 14 aug, 2013 @ 11:00
FurryGuyJeans 14 aug, 2013 @ 10:59 
The only thing I know about TESO is that I am not one whit interested. The game could turn out the be the best game, ever, (I doubt it will) and still I would be profoundly indifferent.
Senast ändrad av FurryGuyJeans; 14 aug, 2013 @ 10:59
Midgetbart 14 aug, 2013 @ 11:30 
Ursprungligen skrivet av Maloy20:
Ursprungligen skrivet av rabidmabel:
Trolls will always find a way, the key to any use of the internet is to grow thicker skin
i agree that people need thicker skin on the internet when i was younger i was todays lucky winner every day
i clicked on it and it wouldn't close the tab so i restarted and it was still there
Senast ändrad av Midgetbart; 14 aug, 2013 @ 11:31
DerAlleinTiger 14 aug, 2013 @ 13:48 
Because the console gamers are certainly enjoying Falskaar right? I know I am.

That's not usually how pay 2 win works.
It's more like this.
You work for hours to make the best sword.
But then some rich kid drops 40 bucks and buys a sword that is hidden behind a pay wall and you can never have no matter how hard you play. This sword is at least twice as good as yours.

Because you need Falskaar to truly enjoy the game, right? I played the Xbox version from day one and I still play it today, even after upgrading my PC and buying the game on here. PC players have been spoiled by mods. Now the only time a game is considered good is if you can mod it. Everyone thinks that vanilla automatically equals terrible. Really, the vanilla version is just as playable as a modded version, and it's still extremely enjoyable.

Pretty much every MMO I've tried that has pay-to-win doesn't have exclusive pay-to-win items, or it has some in-game way of earning them. It's always been an in-game time boost (i.e., getting a weapon before others or getting armor without the normal effort). I've seen one or two that have pay walls, but most didn't seem to. And I don't think it would work out with the way Elder Scrolls is set up. There are very distinct material, weapon, and armor classes that just wouldn't make sense when broken. Yes, there are some unique items, but most are just enchanted versions of the default items. So unless they have some sort of OP enchantment that you can only get by paying, I don't see how they can do it without making a certain weapon class or material class payment exclusive, thus pissing off a lot of veteran ES players.

So now you can go and laugh at the kid of just wasted $40 on a digital sword. So what if his sword is better than yours? That idiot just paid $40 for it. Meanwhile, you've been enjoying the game while creating yours. And when it comes to PvP, people are always going to find one way or another to become OP, microtransactions or not. There's always going to be someone who grinds more than you, or has a faster connection than you, or has a bot that grinds for him while you don't; and they'll be just as OP as if they had microtransactions. It's just the competitiveness of the whole thing. Which is kind of why I avoid it like the plague. There's no fun in PvP anymore. It's all about killing the other guy so you can gloat and call them a 'n00b'. No thanks. I'd like to actually have fun with my game. If other idiots are willing to give the dev team more money to put back into the game just so they can gain an edge in PvP, then more power to them. They can have fun fragging each other and calling the other team 'n00bz'.
Senast ändrad av DerAlleinTiger; 14 aug, 2013 @ 13:48
< >
Visar 1-15 av 1,234 kommentarer
Per sida: 1530 50

Alla diskussioner > Steam-forum > Off Topic > Ämnesdetaljer
Datum skrivet: 16 maj, 2014 @ 6:30