Всички дискусии > Steam форум > Off Topic > Подробности за темата
Тази тема е заключена
Ways to increase IQ?
I have always been disappointed by my low average-borderline intelligence scores, but I was wondering if there are anyways to actually improve IQ from average to genius levels.

Every time I hear someone say that they are members of Mensa, or have IQs as high as 130 or even genius-levels of 140, I feel very inadequate about myself.

Do you all know of any way I can improve my IQ?
< >
Показване на 1-15 от 40 коментара
IQ is utterly meaningless. Wisdom is much more important than raw intellect, and elitist "high-IQ societies" are decidedly lacking in that category.
You can improve your IQ by not trying to improve your IQ.
Първоначално публикувано от Gustave5436:
IQ is utterly meaningless. Wisdom is much more important than raw intellect, and elitist "high-IQ societies" are decidedly lacking in that category.
This, so much this. Intelligence doesn't mean anything if you don't have wisdom.
If it would be that easy then geniuses would be common like mud instead of tiny fraction of population.
And what comes to everybody being Mensa members or rocket scientists remember the golden words of Dr. House - everybody lies.
Why do you want to increase your IQ? Just because you want a higher number? Why do you want to be more intelligent? Does it make you a better person?

To know your IQ is meaningless; you are still you. Set some goals and try to accomplish them. Just my two cents.
Последно редактиран от Codey; 6 апр. 2014 в 0:43
I want to increase my IQ because IQ is really very useful. For those who think that IQ is useless towards life, I am afraid that it really is.

Just last week, I was teased by a Mensan who asked me some math question like what is half of one quarter of one ninth of one tenth of a certain number. I took like a few minutes to work it out. It was a struggle. Then this Mensa dude asked his friend after I answered it. He took only a few seconds.

The point is that a high IQ really contributes to a lot of time saved in everything. Daily decisions, management stuff. This is why I so desperately want to improve my IQ.

Most of you here probably have IQs of 120 or higher, and may not find an IQ increase useful. Mine is 92 ...
So your friend could answer a math question faster than you, big deal. Is that gonna bring food to the table? If you really want to be smarter about things in general. Then great, take some classes or whatever. But there's no point in worrying about something as silly as and IQ.

"People who boast about their IQ are losers"

~Stephen Hawking
Последно редактиран от Thermaltake Squeezer; 6 апр. 2014 в 1:46
It does matter ... just look at SAT scores. A low score = cannot get into a good university. Cannot get into university = cannot get a good job. Cannot get a good job = ???

IQ matters ...
Първоначално публикувано от Tantamount:
It does matter ... just look at SAT scores. A low score = cannot get into a good university. Cannot get into university = cannot get a good job. Cannot get a good job = ???

IQ matters ...
IQ and SAT scores are two different things....
Първоначално публикувано от Shasow:

IQ matters ...
IQ and SAT scores are two different things....
EXACTLY
I agree with Kory and Shasow , totaly different.
Последно редактиран от Missagi; 6 апр. 2014 в 2:03
OP, you are your own worst enemy...
Most of you here probably have IQs of 120 or higher,
Inconceivable!
Don't think of raising your IQ per se, more think about increasing you knowledge base in a particular area. Most of the "intelligent people" are good at learning stuff which is memory based so start with memory games like Professor Leyton (or something similar) to increase your memory. There's videos on youtube about the people with huge memory capacity and tips on improving your memory. The really intelligent people are able to learn stuff and then adapt what they know to learning what they don't. The more you learn and then use, the more you are able to learn. Just having an I.Q of 130 is useless if you don't use it, afterall.

[edit] I have thought of something else you could consider too - learn meditation and also check out the "brain foods". There are ways of optimising the way your brain works using breathing techniques which can be learned through taking a course in meditation. The brain requires lots of oxygen to function correctly so make sure you're breathing right and then all your organs will work better, including the brain. There have been studies which show that an increase in certain fish oils can increase brain activity, have a look at getting a fish oil suppliment to take daily. Omega 3 is particulary "brain orientated".

Also one last thing while I am thinking about it - I.Q. score are quite arbritary because they include your age when they work out the scores. All I.Q. tests do that so, by that logic, you I.Q. will increse with age if you score exactly the same on the test at each age you take it at. Just taking the test at 30 years of age and then at sixty years of age will increase this arbitrary figure.
Последно редактиран от VisciousFishes; 6 апр. 2014 в 7:17
< >
Показване на 1-15 от 40 коментара
На страница: 1530 50

Всички дискусии > Steam форум > Off Topic > Подробности за темата
Дата на публикуване: 5 апр. 2014 в 23:02
Публикации: 40