involuntaryhotball Apr 2, 2014 @ 8:06pm
Games that should happen (Why is everyone trying to sell me turn-based strategy and running games?)
So I've had a ton of time on my hands and have subsequently been searching for a really good game. Needless to say this is a tough thing to do. After sifting through the mobile-app rehashes and the "retro" platformers and all the quirky 8bit garbage and voxel knock-offs I suddenly realized that the gaming industry has some trouble keeping it real. So I started thinking of what we could do to fix it. So here are some game ideas, nothing specific, just some fun things that would be great to play. They probably arent as ironic or trendy as (insert retro JRPG title) or as profitable as the last (insert FPS saga installment), they might be as popular as (insert MOBA title) though, which is nice.

1. A mega-man inspired mmorpg where you play as a reploid and develop cool abilities
2. An fps lego constructor type game without a cumbersome crafting system or voxels
3. Anything with Dinosaurs that doesnt involve any of the "horde" mechanics of GoW and isnt a hunting simulator

Thats a few off the top of my head, post more ideas and maybe some day we will see something.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
[KL] Master Dan [StormCats] Apr 2, 2014 @ 8:10pm 
L E G O !

:D
[KL] Master Dan [StormCats] Apr 2, 2014 @ 8:13pm 
Build your own LEGO stuff. They should re-create LEGO for PC. This means that you can have ALL THE BLOODY PIECES that went into mum's vacuum cleaner and not worry about standing on a windmil piece in just your thin socks either...

They could make LEGO System, Space Police, Technic, all the types and people can build whatever they want.

MAKE THIS HAPPEN LEGO PLEASE!!!!

*Books flight to Danmark, packs business suit*
Last edited by [KL] Master Dan [StormCats]; Apr 2, 2014 @ 8:13pm
dynastystar Apr 3, 2014 @ 12:02am 
Originally posted by involuntaryhotball:
So I've had a ton of time on my hands and have subsequently been searching for a really good game. Needless to say this is a tough thing to do. After sifting through the mobile-app rehashes and the "retro" platformers and all the quirky 8bit garbage and voxel knock-offs I suddenly realized that the gaming industry has some trouble keeping it real. So I started thinking of what we could do to fix it. So here are some game ideas, nothing specific, just some fun things that would be great to play. They probably arent as ironic or trendy as (insert retro JRPG title) or as profitable as the last (insert FPS saga installment), they might be as popular as (insert MOBA title) though, which is nice.

1. A mega-man inspired mmorpg where you play as a reploid and develop cool abilities
2. An fps lego constructor type game without a cumbersome crafting system or voxels
3. Anything with Dinosaurs that doesnt involve any of the "horde" mechanics of GoW and isnt a hunting simulator

Thats a few off the top of my head, post more ideas and maybe some day we will see something.
If you like Dinosaurs, perhaps try Primal Carnage(I think thats what its called), you'll have to look up if the multiplayer still has a pulse though.
involuntaryhotball Apr 3, 2014 @ 6:59am 
Dynastystar, I tried Primal Carnage when it was in beta, but the whole horde thing where you take on wave after wave of dino's with guns and mechs was silly. Im feeling something more like Turok meets Monster Hunters, or a game where I play as a dinosaur and try to achieve some objective.
involuntaryhotball Apr 3, 2014 @ 7:02am 
And as for Lego, I just want to stroll around on a bumpy world and place blocks to make cool stuff. Like minecraft without the quirk or same-sized blocks... or creeps.
Bikes Apr 3, 2014 @ 7:25am 
1. There was going to be a mmo for megaman, but it was canceled
2. Not FPS but there's the old lego creator games. Haven't played in years though so I don't know how well they held up.
3. Dino D day? I dunno, I don't play that many Dinosaur games but I know they exist.
involuntaryhotball Apr 3, 2014 @ 8:05am 
I played the new Build with Chrome thing that lego released, it was okay, but nothing spectacular. As for a failed megaman mmo, we need to get a kickstarter going for that! Dinosaur games on the web are all kid puzzle games or silly running games. Without going back to the old Turok or stuff like Dino Crisis most dino games are uninspired. Again, Im looking for suggestions about games that would be fun.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 2, 2014 @ 8:06pm