Why hate Diablo III?
I picked this up very cheap after holding off. Very impressed. All the NPC's seem to have stories and speak to you. The dungeons seem well crated and the combat system well thought out.

When I play Tochlight II, the pets have no story. The game barely has a story and I just seemed to be getting spammed with enemeis in a far less organic manner. (imo) rhe combat is inferior.

Ignoring DRM issues, why all the hate and praise for Torchlight II? It feels like a vastly inferior game.
Showing 1-15 of 48 comments
< >
Feathers Apr 2 @ 6:07am 
Totally unrelated, but I loved that movie.
The nameless Commander Apr 2 @ 6:18am 
Well... I am not familiar with the amount of content Diablo 3 has to offer, but thanks to the Steam workshop, Torchlight 2 has an abdunant and ever increasing amount of extra content of surpisingly high quality, allowing you to re-experience the game in a different way every once in a while. If you want extra content for D3, you must pay a tribute to allmighty Blizzard, where you can get it for free on TL2. And if you by chance don't like ANY of the extra content the workshop has to offer, you can always roll up your sleeves and start moding yourself. Most of the negative feelings towards Diablo 3 originate from the DRM and the RMAH. The rest is due to having to pay for any extra content. I don't particularly hate Diablo 3 for example, but an ever-improving, not always-on and 3 times cheaper game seemed like a better bargain to me. There is also that matter that too much time has passed between Diablo 2 and 3, where a lot less has passed between Torchlight 1 and 2, hence Diablo fans had a lot higher expectations, which were not met, giving just another reason for more hate.
Last edited by The nameless Commander; Apr 2 @ 6:19am
Seems like an incredibly polished well designed game with great production values from what i'm currently playing. It's actually sort of rare to get a pc game of this quility now (with single player content).
leo03 Apr 2 @ 7:35am 
Because Diablo 1 and 2 were better. And this "hence Diablo fans had a lot higher expectations"
Originally posted by leo03:
Because Diablo 1 and 2 were better. And this "hence Diablo fans had a lot higher expectations"

But Diablo 1/2 had inferior outdated design.
Silverfox Apr 2 @ 7:59am 
Originally posted by Liam Neeson Punching Wolves:
Originally posted by leo03:

But Diablo 1/2 had inferior outdated design.
"Inferior outdated design" wait... what? Maybe they are slightly outdated... but inferior?! Have you even played diablo 1 and 2?
Butcher (Banned) Apr 2 @ 9:02am 
Well, diablo 3 now MUCH better then release version.
Nick Naughty Apr 2 @ 9:06am 
50% of Diablo 3 is plain stupid, a prime evil who wants to become a prime evil wtf, the other 50% of the game is completely silly with characters like magdar and baliel kid, topped with added silly music.

The the storyline was thrown down the players throat, added with a real money auction house, whats to like. The foundations for the game are so fubar its hard to or if even possible to make something decent of the game, D3 is a big let down.

Monk class really fun. Way better than the default Torchlight II classes, which, are frankly boring in comparison.
Fork_Q2 (Banned) Apr 2 @ 9:44am 
Diablo III took away the biggest appeal of ARPGs to me, class building, in order to concentrate on loot. It would be a great action game, if only I could play with my controller. A small thing that irked me is that the spell damage of magic characters is derived from weapon damage, even if it is a bow, which they never actually fire at all.
Zefar Apr 2 @ 9:48am 
Originally posted by Nick Naughty:
50% of Diablo 3 is plain stupid, a prime evil who wants to become a prime evil wtf,
A Prime Evil would be able to rule over all creation in the Diablo 3 world. The Demons have always wanted to rule everything and this was one way to do it.
Also the Prime Evil would also get the power of all other Lords of hell.

the other 50% of the game is completely silly with characters like magdar and baliel kid, topped with added silly music.

You're not really adding much here in why it's bad. Belial is the lord of lies and takes the shape of the child to try to trick the party.
Magda is a bit silly though.

The the storyline was thrown down the players throat, added with a real money auction house, whats to like. The foundations for the game are so fubar its hard to or if even possible to make something decent of the game, D3 is a big let down.

As if Diablo 1 and 2 didn't show the story down your throat as well with their linear maps where you where forced to do the main quest.

Auction House was just a buffed up trading and it worked too well. Now we got little to no trading thanks to all the whiners.

The gameplay itself is actually better than most other games of this type. Combat has a lot of feel and if you don't like the skills you can change around.
Items might not be the best due to that you focus on some things but Legendaries now actually has some unique features which can be fun to use.
Mephisto Apr 2 @ 9:52am 
Apart from not being able to pick your "own" Skills in a skilltree of some sort, D3 is a very nice game! I agree, it might not be as good as its precursors, but still.
I think another big flaw was the real money auction house, but that recently got removed, so I don't mind.
I never played D1 and D2 though...
Liam Neeson Punching Wolves Apr 2 @ 11:22am 
D3's skills seem situational. Rather than force you down a path it quite happily lets you play around with your build.
Fork_Q2 (Banned) Apr 2 @ 11:33am 
Originally posted by Liam Neeson Punching Wolves:
D3's skills seem situational. Rather than force you down a path it quite happily lets you play around with your build.

I agree that was a problem with Diablo 2. The best solution would be to have a skill tree that easily lets you "refund" your skill points and reapply them elsewhere, that way you can both experiment, play around with new builds, and develop your class the way you want to.
Shasow Apr 2 @ 12:13pm 
Originally posted by Zefar:
As if Diablo 1 and 2 didn't show the story down your throat as well with their linear maps where you where forced to do the main quest.
Err... what? Care to explain? Because... I have no words.... April fools was yesterday?
Last edited by Shasow; Apr 2 @ 12:13pm
Showing 1-15 of 48 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 2 @ 5:25am