Xenoz ☆ Mar 30 @ 7:28am
Humble Bundle
why did they remove the pay with credit card option on humble bundle? anyone know?

R.i.p. humble bundle
Showing 1-15 of 30 comments
< >
Hextravert Mar 30 @ 7:35am 
Originally posted by Twiѕтer ☆:
why did they remove the pay with credit card option on humble bundle? anyone know?

R.i.p. humble bundle
Did they

You can still buy stuff using your credit card by clicking on the Google Wallet button next to PayPal and Amazon Payments.
Xenoz ☆ Mar 30 @ 7:53am 
I dont have amazon, or paypal, and i have not add billing method to my google wallet either, and not sure if i wanna, because i dont even use google phone or an android os. :/

why did they remove credit card payment? ahh it was the best and simple.
Not Mr Flibble Mar 30 @ 8:25am 
You should be able to pay via PayPal even if you don't have an account there – you just need a credit or debit card. (I've done so, though not recently.)
TirithRR Mar 30 @ 8:42am 
You can do credit card payments through Paypal without having an account. Just go as "Guest".

Humble Bundle saves money by having a third party handle credit card transactions (Google, Paypal, Amazon). Because Credit Card companies charge fees, both fixed and percent based, on every transaction. Larger companies that handle more transactions can negotiate better deals with the Credit Card companies.
Xenoz ☆ Mar 30 @ 9:02am 
Well they lost a customer, im not sure if im able to pay with the other methods, i dont like complicated things. I was having trouble paying thru paypal before with my bank and creditcard. So its not a bug, its a permanent change?

http://support.humblebundle.com/customer/portal/articles/1387297-what-payment-options-are-available-

then they should change that too. ahhhh my favorite bundle site, RIP :(

or they just copy http://www.blinkbundle.com/ site? :/

does gog.com have pay with credit card option?
Quint M. Sakugarne Mar 30 @ 3:30pm 
What have they changed? You're still able to pay by credit card.

And yes, you can pay by credit card at GOG.
Last edited by Quint M. Sakugarne; Mar 30 @ 5:14pm
TirithRR Mar 30 @ 5:14pm 
I pay always by credit/debit card, using Amazon myself (because I have an Amazon account). But for Indie Gala, Blink Bundle, Bundle Stars I use paypal without an account, as a "Guest".

This poster is just being a dumbass (for the lack of a better term, even though it's pretty fitting).

I've purchased 23 bundles from Humble Bundle, and in all that time they have never handled Credit/Debit card transactions themselves, always used third parties, like Paypal, Amazon, Google Wallet, etc. So they didn't "Change" anything.
Beastie Mar 30 @ 5:55pm 
*Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Discover, and Diners Club.
** Only available when paying in USD.
Quint M. Sakugarne Mar 30 @ 6:03pm 
Humble Bundle accepts payment from the following providers:

Major Credit/Debit Card via Stripe*
Paypal
Amazon Payments**
Google Wallet
BitCoin via Coinbase**

*Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Discover, and Diners Club.
** Only available when paying in USD.
So this means:
1. the major credit/debit cards available via Stripe are Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Discover, and Diners Club.
2. Amazon Payments and BitCoin via Coinbase are only available when paying in USD.

It does not seem to mean that the major credit/debit cards are available only when paying in USD.
TirithRR Mar 30 @ 6:11pm 
Some people don't understand what the * and ** mean, apparently.
Al Chemist Mar 31 @ 4:38am 
Why the heck do you guys keep bringing up PayPal or Amazon or whatever when somebody is asking for direct credit card payment?

Paying with credit card means........ to pay with credit card..alone... like in when pay at gas station or hotel room. Get it? Or do you use PayPal there as well?

Jeez..

And yes, the credit card option has been taken away it seems. (It was available till last sale)

Have yet to find out if its just temporary glitch or decision by the management. (I ended up here trying to find that out)
Quint M. Sakugarne Mar 31 @ 4:51am 
I don't think they ever had a "direct" way of using credit card, unless you mean Stripe, which shows up as a pop-up thingy within the Humble Bundle webpage.
Al Chemist Mar 31 @ 5:03am 
Originally posted by QuintSakugarne:
I don't think they ever had a "direct" way of using credit card, unless you mean Stripe, which shows up as a pop-up thingy within the Humble Bundle webpage.

That is direct way of paying as Stripe is their merchant processor not 'our' payment processor.

There is a big difference...
Quint M. Sakugarne Mar 31 @ 5:11am 
Well, their FAQ seems to say that Stripe still works. Did it stop working?
Al Chemist Mar 31 @ 5:34am 
There is no option for 'credit card' payment anymore.

Obviously FAQ will take long time to update even if they had done away with credit cards for good.
Showing 1-15 of 30 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 30 @ 7:28am