SLthethird Mar 26 @ 8:47pm
Looking for Abolutely Amazing RPGs
I recently came to the realization that one lifetime isn't really long enough to play every single game I want to, so I'll have to narrow it down to find the best of the best in my preferred genre so I don't miss out on them during this incarnation. As the title suggests, I can't get enough of RPGs, particularly fantasy. I love growing in power and killing massive dragons and stuff.

For a more concise list, I like games that:

-are on PC
-are compatible with Windows 8
-Don't use GWFL
-Can be played mostly single-player
-Are action RPGs (preferably fantasy)
-Focused around combat

Bonus points if:
-it involves battles with dozens of enemies and one of you
-is at least somewhat challenging (up to Dark Souls difficulty)

So, what games out of those that fit these parameters must I absolutely positively not miss because they're the cream of the crop in this genre?
Last edited by SLthethird; Mar 26 @ 8:47pm
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Pewpewmoar Mar 26 @ 9:25pm 
Meets all those criteria (except not actually out for pc for a few weeks)- Dark Souls 2. Most of the way thru NG+ at the moment, and likely to be trading in for the pc version when it's launched:)

Skyrim (crank the difficulty up, although you may end up getting one shot by certain enemies).

People seem to love The Witcher series, although I just can't get into them.

The Deathspank series are great little RPGs- somewhat simple in scope, but excellently done and a lot of fun. Also very nicely written.

The Darksiders games are more action based, but have RPG elements to them to some degree (the second one moreso).
Last edited by Pewpewmoar; Mar 26 @ 9:29pm
SLthethird Mar 26 @ 9:28pm 
Originally posted by Pewpewmoar:
Meets all those criteria (except not actually out for pc for a few weeks)- Dark Souls 2. Most of the way thru NG+ at the moment, and likely to be trading in for the pc version when it's launched:)
Skyrim (crank the difficulty up, although you may end up getting one shot by certain enemies).
People seem to love The Witcher series, although I just can't get into them.
Preordered it, have it, too much nudity to get for a few years.
Jammy Bastard Mar 26 @ 9:40pm 
Dragon Age Origins and Kingdoms of Amalur.
Misha Arsellec Lune Mar 26 @ 9:49pm 
Just get the Ys series like the rest of the sane world.
chelommy Mar 27 @ 1:36am 
I would have recommended the witcher games, but I see you have an aversion to boobs.
SLthethird Mar 27 @ 5:03am 
Originally posted by chelommy:
I would have recommended the witcher games, but I see you have an aversion to boobs.
Just give it a few years. I'll get them at some point.
SLthethird Mar 27 @ 6:10am 
Originally posted by Misha Arsellec Lune:
Just get the Ys series like the rest of the sane world.
Heard of Ys. I'm certainly intrigued by them; I'll get them at some point when they're on sale.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 26 @ 8:47pm