TheCrow Mar 8 @ 2:50pm
Black and White 2
We need another old style RTS to be added to steam like Black and white 2. I am very hard pressed to find one of that nature in the games list. To have a fable mixed concept with sim city style building and a creature to control? Yes please. Let alone a hand of "god" to do cool stuff?
Like shoot fire balls and play ball with your ceature.

What happened to the fun RTS's?

:(
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
TirithRR Mar 8 @ 3:32pm 
I personally wouldn't categorize Black and White as an RTS. It's a Simulation, with the added feature of controlling a "God" like creature to do your bidding.

Edit:
I see you are talking about Black and White 2, which did add some other RTS features to the game play.

Red Alert 3
http://store.steampowered.com/app/17480/

And there are a handful of other RTS games out there.
Last edited by TirithRR; Mar 8 @ 3:37pm
I was actually just telling my Fiance about this game today and how much she would like it. I do have it on disc but I prefer to not have to use it to play the game and would love it if Steam would add this game as well as other older RTS games, such as LOTR: BFME, Pharaoh, etc.
Ark Mar 8 @ 7:09pm 
It needs to be remade, into a hd version. As does lotr:bfme2. An ofc added to steam
[BT] Kalyandra Mar 8 @ 11:20pm 
Black and White 2 is a great game!
TheCrow Mar 15 @ 3:22pm 
I agree that there are other games out there but trying to express that BL2 had "some" RTS features and not categorizing as a RTS seems unheard of. BL2 Is NOTHING but gathering resorces,building armys, managing your city, debating if war is better then peace and using your "hand" of god to do easter egg type interactions. To use the link you gave me as an alternative seams very unknowledgeable of the BL2 game it self.

My point being is that RTS has turned away from the sitting on a map for 5 hours straight. Without that ideology there is no need to include cool stuff that this game provided.
Can you throw fire balls? Can you rub your hand on the grass and watch it move? Can you interact with people on a one on one level? Can you simply grow a city from the ground up and be as evil or good as you wish?

Nothing will ever compare.

Originally posted by TirithRR:
I personally wouldn't categorize Black and White as an RTS. It's a Simulation, with the added feature of controlling a "God" like creature to do your bidding.

Edit:
I see you are talking about Black and White 2, which did add some other RTS features to the game play.

Red Alert 3
http://store.steampowered.com/app/17480/

And there are a handful of other RTS games out there.
Last edited by TheCrow; Mar 15 @ 3:25pm
I agree. It's really the only one of it's kind, bringing in so many elements from other RTS games I know while also adding in so many things that makes it unique. This is definitely a game that Steam should consider adding to the library.

And I don't necessarily think there needs to be an HD version. While I know it's a few years old, it's still an incredibly beautiful game and I don't think remaking a game for HD really does that much for games anyway.
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 8 @ 2:50pm