Wszystkie dyskusje > Fora Steam > Off Topic > Szczegóły wątku
Good Shotguns?
I'm on a hunt. The hunt for a good, no, GREAT shotgun. I've played with some pretty great types, in countless games, but I can't help but feel like I'm missing something. What games would you guys recommend, for a shotgun lover such as myself?
< >
Wyświetlanie 1-15 z 38 komentarzy
Shasow 12 marca 2014 o 20:54 
Doom (with the Brutal Doom mod) or Left 4 Dead 2.
BichNuggets 12 marca 2014 o 20:57 
Początkowo opublikowane przez Shasow:
Doom (with the Brutal Doom mod) or Left 4 Dead 2.

Hm, Doom doesn't eminate what I'm looking for, but LFD2 might sound promising.
BenjiGonzo 12 marca 2014 o 21:00 
The flak cannon from Unreal will love you like no other. :b1:
Ostatnio edytowany przez: BenjiGonzo; 12 marca 2014 o 21:00
devious goon 13 marca 2014 o 9:16 
L4D2.

There isn't a better feeling in the world than blowing some zombies head off with a shotgun.
Val 13 marca 2014 o 9:26 
AA 12 with miniature greade ammunition.
Zefar 13 marca 2014 o 10:07 
F.E.A.R series have one of the most OP shotguns to ever exist. The second most OP shotgun is Crysis 1. Just select the fire mode to a tighter spread.

Well there is one shotgun that I have yet to see be beaten in terms of damage and power. Gunman Chronicles mod for Half-Life. The shotgun can prime up 12 shells I think or it was 8 and you can fire them off at once. The amount of power that shotgun have in close range with that many shells is insane.

Do note that in normal Half-Life a double shot was enough to kill most things in one go at close range. Now you got 4 times that.
Kargor 13 marca 2014 o 11:32 
I don't use shotguns, but you might want to consider Borderlands -- they probably have some fancy shotguns as well. Simply because they have something fancy of everything :-)

Even as non-legendary shotguns go, they have a random variant that basically shoots rockets (but still using shotgun ammo/bonuses/skills for that). They also have shotgun-ish variations of other weapons -- like "Masher" pistols that fire multiple bullets, or the "Anarchy" SMG that fires 4 bullets at the expense of 2 ammo per shot, in a wide spread. This has been one of my standard weapons, as well as a legendary sniper rifle that would fire 6 bullets per shot -- not quite as accurate as snipers usually go, but suitable for the situation I needed it for.
Ostatnio edytowany przez: Kargor; 13 marca 2014 o 11:32
Killing Floor.

Playing a 6th level Support perk (uses shotguns, grenades and welding) is FUN. Nothing like a HSG and an AA-12 to deal with the zombie apocalypse.
BenjiGonzo 13 marca 2014 o 13:34 
Początkowo opublikowane przez Kargor:
I don't use shotguns, but you might want to consider Borderlands -- they probably have some fancy shotguns as well. Simply because they have something fancy of everything :-)

Even as non-legendary shotguns go, they have a random variant that basically shoots rockets (but still using shotgun ammo/bonuses/skills for that). They also have shotgun-ish variations of other weapons -- like "Masher" pistols that fire multiple bullets, or the "Anarchy" SMG that fires 4 bullets at the expense of 2 ammo per shot, in a wide spread. This has been one of my standard weapons, as well as a legendary sniper rifle that would fire 6 bullets per shot -- not quite as accurate as snipers usually go, but suitable for the situation I needed it for.
You're talking about the 1st one right? That one had some badass shotguns, especially the hunter variant from Jakobs. The 2nd borderland's shotguns on the other hand are garbage, no fun to use whatsoever, and most of the time they suck.
BichNuggets 13 marca 2014 o 14:10 
Początkowo opublikowane przez Zefar:
F.E.A.R series have one of the most OP shotguns to ever exist. The second most OP shotgun is Crysis 1. Just select the fire mode to a tighter spread.

Well there is one shotgun that I have yet to see be beaten in terms of damage and power. Gunman Chronicles mod for Half-Life. The shotgun can prime up 12 shells I think or it was 8 and you can fire them off at once. The amount of power that shotgun have in close range with that many shells is insane.

Do note that in normal Half-Life a double shot was enough to kill most things in one go at close range. Now you got 4 times that.

Is it every F.E.A.R game, or just one of them? Sounds promising.
African Child 13 marca 2014 o 14:11 
Certainly not tf2...
Borderlands 2 shotguns weren't bad imo... but I'm more of a sniper and smg guy when I play bl2 so I don't really use the shotguns.

KF shotguns are fun... the ADS factor is incredible, especially for a game that old.

Agreed, Crysis 1 shotgun one-shotted everything. Crysis 1 wasn't that good though :P On the subject of CryEngine, FarCry 3 was a fun game... the shotguns were just so-so. Nothing special imo. Even the special what'sitcalled wasn't my favorite gun in that game.

In l4d2 the combat shotty was in the top 3 best guns in the game. It nullifies witches, and can 5-6 shot a tank. l4d2, the best guns imo are combat shotty, military sniper, and an AK WITH LASER SIGHTS... without laser sights the ak kind of sucks.

The black Nether shotgun isn't all that powerful, the TFC is OP... sadly, the TFC is tough to acquire which really makes it not OP anymore. :P
BenjiGonzo 13 marca 2014 o 14:31 
Początkowo opublikowane przez 3-7-77SW:
Certainly not tf2...
Borderlands 2 shotguns weren't bad imo... but I'm more of a sniper and smg guy when I play bl2 so I don't really use the shotguns.

KF shotguns are fun... the ADS factor is incredible, especially for a game that old.

Agreed, Crysis 1 shotgun one-shotted everything. Crysis 1 wasn't that good though :P On the subject of CryEngine, FarCry 3 was a fun game... the shotguns were just so-so. Nothing special imo. Even the special what'sitcalled wasn't my favorite gun in that game.

In l4d2 the combat shotty was in the top 3 best guns in the game. It nullifies witches, and can 5-6 shot a tank. l4d2, the best guns imo are combat shotty, military sniper, and an AK WITH LASER SIGHTS... without laser sights the ak kind of sucks.

The black Nether shotgun isn't all that powerful, the TFC is OP... sadly, the TFC is tough to acquire which really makes it not OP anymore. :P
Eh... I prefer to use Pump action shotties in L4D2, they're far more badass then automatic ones :tdealwithit:
Vox 13 marca 2014 o 15:19 
Doom (with the Brutal Doom mod)
This

Also AA12 and hunting shotgun from KF, You should check out getting sound packs for various games like STALKER which have more realistic gun sounds
BichNuggets 13 marca 2014 o 15:25 
Początkowo opublikowane przez Labyrinth:
Doom (with the Brutal Doom mod)
This

Also AA12 and hunting shotgun from KF, You should check out getting sound packs for various games like STALKER which have more realistic gun sounds

Maybe Killing Floor. Not Doom. Thanks.
serious sam 3: BFE. theres 3 shotguns. one is a normal one with 10 round box magazine for quick reload. one is double barrel that is mroe pwoerful but reload after each shot. then there is the AS24 devastator. 20 round mag with explosive pellets. and since enemies come ins swarms, nothing is more satisfying than blowing up a bunch of grunts with a few blasts.
< >
Wyświetlanie 1-15 z 38 komentarzy
Na stronę: 1530 50

Wszystkie dyskusje > Fora Steam > Off Topic > Szczegóły wątku
Data napisania: 12 marca 2014 o 18:25