Stupidname1313 Mar 2 @ 10:44pm
my take on the console war
Well hello

In my oppion I think that PS4 is the best choice for a home console (well except for a pc, but lets leave the PC out of this. We all love the PC, we all love Valve, but we are here to talk about the consoles.). Allow me to explain why. First let me get the competiton out of the way.

Oyua and other android based consoles: These are all going to face promt and utter distruction. You can hook a tablet up to tv and play games of the same caliber with a controler. Tablets are getting that powerfull.

Wii U: I like Nintendo (not as much as i like Valve. Valve Power!), but they kinda dropped the ball with the Wii U. Its underpowered and not getting the 3rd party support it needs. I think we should all wait and see whats going to happen next with it. It could get lots of secess when more games come out for it, but probbably not as much as the Xbox One or PS4

Xbox One: Now this is will consist of most of my argument. Microsoft has had one anti consumer policy after another with the Xbox One. Listing them all is kind of a challange for me. 1. DRM policy 2. ambiguity with DRM policy 3. Forza 5 day one patch that was required for game to function 3. always online policy 4. Ambiguity with always online policy 5. Mandatory Eye Toy thing/ Orwellian monstrosity 5. inferior multi plats 6. windows 8 interface 7. $500 dollar price tag 8. can't do 1080p. There is probbably more. The point I'm trying to make is that the Xbox one is an inferior piece of hardware thats being pushed by people who don't respect your rights as a consumer and are activly trying to scam you out of every last penny. And mountian-dew-swigging-dog-♥♥♥♥ing-♥♥♥♥wits are still going to buy it for titan fall.

Now The playstation four. It is more powerfull than the Xbox one, its cheaper, and the multi plats are better. Also you know Xbox Gold or whatever that crap is? The thing where you have to pay to play online? Well I do confess that Sony is doing nearly the exact same thing, but playstation plus also gives out lots of free games. In the past few months here is a list of games I have gotten free of charge from Playstation Plus: Binary Domain, Hotline Miami, Don't Starve (console edition) ,Payday, Gravity Rush, Bioshock Infinte, Resogun, Contrast, Outlast, Devil May Cry (2013 reboot), Metro 2033: Last light, and Remember Me. So This service is actually benificital for me instead of just charging me for something I can get for free, like over at Xbox Live. In additon to that Microsoft did this premuim crap first with the Xbox 360 and Sony could technically bring up the "we had to do for security reasons" if you want to acknowlege those as letgitment points. So yeah thats why I think the playstation four the best home console.
Showing 1-15 of 82 comments
< >
Dendrobates Tinctorius Mar 2 @ 10:49pm 
What are your thoughts on the dreamcast?
Stupidname1313 Mar 2 @ 10:55pm 
Originally posted by Dendrobates Tinctorius:
What are your thoughts on the dreamcast?

I was actually thinking about talking about it becuase it is sega's most current console. What do you want to know? It was a great piece of hardware for it's time, its just that Sega had screwed up it's loyality with it's customers with it's past failures. Boy who cried wolf effect.
Pixel Lover Mar 3 @ 12:07am 
lol i love how people fight over consoles like religions or political opinions it amuses me :3
Last edited by Pixel Lover; Mar 3 @ 12:08am
Jewport Mar 3 @ 10:57am 
This is how it goes, and this is all anyone ever sees with the new consoles.

Xbox -> Xbox 360: More powerful GPU, less powerful CPU
PS2 -> PS3: Less powerful GPU and more powerful CPU

PS4 -> More powerful GPU & CPU
XBone -> Kinect.

Microsoft ♥♥♥♥ed it up in a pretty bad way. Weak hardware, no Bungie, and a higher price. I'm not going to buy either of them until better games come out, but c'mon M$, get your ♥♥♥♥ together.
Wolfy (Banned) Mar 3 @ 11:12am 
I agree the PS4 is great. I ordered one release day, and it's still on back order to get to me
My PC sucks and I don't have the money to improve it and I would rather spend that money on my PS4.
AlphaFourSeven Mar 3 @ 12:09pm 
If i had to buy one it would be the Xbox One.
Sparkly Sparkly Pokon Mar 3 @ 12:52pm 
Call me when any current home console has some games worth playing that aren't the same tired old IP.

Gaming would be great without the fans ruining everything.
Wolfy (Banned) Mar 3 @ 1:01pm 
Originally posted by Sparkly Sparkly Pokon:
Call me when any current home console has some games worth playing that aren't the same tired old IP.

Uncharted. MGS. Resident Evil series. Jak and Daxter series. MAG was awesome, but they just shut down the servers. Ratchet & Clank. Killzone series. What do you even mean by IP?
Last edited by Wolfy; Mar 3 @ 1:04pm
Stupidname1313 Mar 3 @ 1:18pm 
Originally posted by Ivan Moody (Pink):

Uncharted. MGS. Resident Evil series. Jak and Daxter series. MAG was awesome, but they just shut down the servers. Ratchet & Clank. Killzone series. What do you even mean by IP?

yeah thats what IP is ; Intelectual property. Also don't forget about infamous
Stupidname1313 Mar 3 @ 1:19pm 
Originally posted by AlphaFourSeven:
If i had to buy one it would be the Xbox One.

can you explain why?
Wolfy (Banned) Mar 3 @ 1:22pm 
Originally posted by Stupidname1313:

yeah thats what IP is ; Intelectual property. Also don't forget about infamous
I know, I'm only listing a few.
neopolitan Mar 3 @ 2:24pm 
M$ really ♥♥♥♥ed up on the X-Box One. Needs Kinect to work properly, and you have to pay the full price for used games. M$ is just hungry for money, even though Bill Gates is already the richest man in America.
Expensive Furniture Mar 3 @ 3:04pm 
wii.
only console worth getting.

a pc can do anything the ps4 and xbox can do.
Sparkly Sparkly Pokon Mar 3 @ 11:00pm 

Like I said, call me when there are games worth playing that aren't the same old tired IPs. But then, I guess if I want something different I'm stuck with the handheld market.

Oh 3DS, it seems you're my only hope... now that I haven't found a damn thing worth playing on the Vita besides Ys.
Pixel Lover Mar 3 @ 11:04pm 
lol i like nintendo too, but did it require that much pretentiousness to tell us that ?
Last edited by Pixel Lover; Mar 4 @ 12:17am
Showing 1-15 of 82 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 2 @ 10:44pm