Hyun Feb 18 @ 4:59am
Final fantasy & Skyrim
Overrated.

Am I the only one?

Ive played skyrim and the combat system was just so unengaging..
I couldnt care less about the 'beautiful graphics''.
Vndictus turds on this game's dragon battles ._.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4svAuxHcfNg
Or even Chivalry's similar 1st person combat ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfpsoBX3EDk
i dont understand how people can spend hundreds of hours questing , no matetr how interesting those quests are.
Reading text, talking to npcs back and forth..

And Im not sure what the deal is with Final fantasy.
Dont like the old school ♥♥♥ combat at all.
It's not even the same as before . So now its just like most other MMOs.
I have Tera for that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqxqlve6Ewk

Combat is one of the main aspect in a game that I focus on..
Otherwise I cant enjoy it.
Unless its actually a game that isnt mainly focused on combat.
Best thing I like about it are the animated scenes ..

Last edited by Hyun; Feb 18 @ 5:09am
Showing 1-15 of 31 comments
< >
Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel Feb 18 @ 7:04am 
It's not overrated because no other modern game can emulate the immersion present in skyrim. Of course it didn't have the best combat but it has one of the best environments.
TonicToast Feb 18 @ 4:13pm 
Really, Skyrim does suck. Let's be honest here guys. Skyrim is completely terrible.

There is a video (credited to TheGamingBritShow) on YouTube giving a ton of good evidence on this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joBYYNxY6rg
Last edited by TonicToast; Feb 18 @ 4:13pm
Knightfall Feb 18 @ 8:58pm 
Skyrim, like all other AAA games, is the way it is because that's what the fanbase likes. The franchise hasn't changed much since Morrowind and that's because the games sell. Bethesda and ZeniMax are profit seeking businesses afterall. They're not going to drastically change anything just to please a few people that don't like the games.

Don't buy it or play it if you don't like it...
Last edited by Knightfall; Feb 18 @ 8:59pm
Seven Feb 18 @ 9:11pm 
Originally posted by Hyun:
Overrated.

Am I the only one?

Ive played skyrim and the combat system was just so unengaging..
I couldnt care less about the 'beautiful graphics''.
Vndictus turds on this game's dragon battles ._.

Combat is one of the main aspect in a game that I focus on..
Otherwise I cant enjoy it.
Unless its actually a game that isnt mainly focused on combat.
Best thing I like about it are the animated scenes ..

You complain about popular games. That is fine. Everyone can go to a candy store and leave with their favorite candy. But you failed to name a game that sets a good example with good "combat" gameplay.
Last edited by Seven; Feb 18 @ 9:12pm
Peter Pan Feb 19 @ 2:34am 
Skyrim has great roleplay value. You can be a paladin, a stealthy rogue, or even an assassin who drops a flower on the corpse of someone he just killed because he wants the world of Tamriel to know that it was the handiwork of.... the Nightshade Shadow.

The assassin dropping flower part is actually something that someone does, I read it somewhere. They take roleplay seriously.

People want to roleplay because Skyrim is a huge world with details that lets them. They even draw out ants on the ground.

And, some people like you are probably not into RPGs. It's just a matter of different people with different tastes. Some people really like Skyrim, some people don't.
Allah_Babah Feb 19 @ 3:49am 
Originally posted by Peter Pan:
Skyrim has great roleplay value. You can be a paladin, a stealthy rogue, or even an assassin who drops a flower on the corpse of someone he just killed because he wants the world of Tamriel to know that it was the handiwork of.... the Nightshade Shadow.

The assassin dropping flower part is actually something that someone does, I read it somewhere. They take roleplay seriously.

People want to roleplay because Skyrim is a huge world with details that lets them. They even draw out ants on the ground.

And, some people like you are probably not into RPGs. It's just a matter of different people with different tastes. Some people really like Skyrim, some people don't.
you dawg you can do same thing in Daggerfall, Morrowind and Oblivion
Last edited by Allah_Babah; Feb 19 @ 3:51am
NisseDood (Banned) Feb 19 @ 5:11am 
Originally posted by Peter Pan:

Actually Skyrim RP is pretty crap. You cant make any story choices except ignoring quests and siding with Stormcloaks or imperial Legion.And killing people wont make you hated because no one cares anymore what you did after you served your jail time.
Black Blade (card rain) Feb 19 @ 5:14am 
Originally posted by NisseDood:
Actually Skyrim RP is pretty crap. You cant make any story choices except ignoring quests and siding with Stormcloaks or imperial Legion.And killing people wont make you hated because no one cares anymore what you did after you served your jail time.
Serve jail time? you do not mean escape from jail?
Hyun Feb 19 @ 5:44am 
Originally posted by Sgt.Kanivakil:
You complain about popular games. That is fine. Everyone can go to a candy store and leave with their favorite candy. But you failed to name a game that sets a good example with good "combat" gameplay.

Yeah because expressing your dislikes is complaining. okokok.
And again, vindictus and chivalry have much better combat than this game.

===========
Anyways, I havent played the game much. But Ive played enough .
I understand what some of you are saying about the enviroment and how detailed it is.I really liked that. Its immerssive.

But at the end of the day, those are just wow factors ...it's not a real life fantasy world simulator.
It's not going to want to make me play it for hours.

I really found the questing boring. Maybe thats just me ,but i hate reading blocks of texts from this NPC to another.
Also, Im not sure ,are there mounts in this game?
Cause while questing, I walked all over the place,and it took quite a while..

But yeah, combat is a big thing for me, and thats where skyrm lacks mostly, so I guess thats why I never liked the game much
I might try getting back to it though.
When I first played it. I really wanted to like it, but I was dissapointed >_>
Last edited by Hyun; Feb 19 @ 5:52am
Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel Feb 19 @ 7:06am 
If you're playing skyrim for combat, you're doing it wrong.
Hyun Feb 19 @ 7:35am 
Originally posted by ­Τhe Rolling Ham Cheese:
Yeah because battling dragons and doing dungeon runs slaying monsters everywhere barely has anything to do with combat right?
Last edited by Hyun; Feb 19 @ 7:35am
Black Blade (card rain) Feb 19 @ 7:37am 
Originally posted by ­Τhe Rolling Ham Cheese:
Yeah because battling dragons and doing dungeon runs slaying monsters everywhere barely has anything to do with combat right?
Yes
And i think what he means is if you come most of all for combat you doing it worng
Hyun Feb 19 @ 7:54am 
Originally posted by Black Blade (Study again \(-.-)/:
Yes :D:
And i think what he means is if you come most of all for combat you doing it worng
You just repeated what he said lol. I perfectly understood what he stated.
I was responding sarcasticly ._.
Black Blade (card rain) Feb 19 @ 8:06am 
You just repeated what he said lol. I perfectly understood what he stated.
I was responding sarcasticly ._.
Ya i am not really good in reading that.. so il just keep quit for now
Seven Feb 19 @ 8:48am 
Uhm . I wasnt complaining. Its called sharing my opinions and dissatisfaction .

Com·plain: to express dissatisfaction...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/complain?r=75&src=ref&ch=dic

Last edited by Seven; Feb 19 @ 9:28am
Showing 1-15 of 31 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 18 @ 4:59am