All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
V-10 CLUB Z Feb 3, 2014 @ 2:30pm
Steam Needs Quality Control (Excellent video)
Last edited by V-10 CLUB Z; Feb 3, 2014 @ 2:34pm
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
ReBoot Feb 3, 2014 @ 2:48pm 
Don't really see the problem. Different people have different tastes, what's worthless for one, can be fun for the other.
V-10 CLUB Z Feb 3, 2014 @ 2:52pm 
It's not about taste. It's about selling broken games.
Last edited by V-10 CLUB Z; Feb 3, 2014 @ 2:52pm
ReBoot Feb 3, 2014 @ 2:56pm 
Originally posted by 10Club Messi:
It's not about taste. It's about selling broken games.
Only few games on Steam are really broken. Most "OMG game broken" threads are specific to specific users.
Don't get me wrong. I don't want to say that there are no broken games. But the situation is not as bad as pictured in the video.
Last edited by ReBoot; Feb 3, 2014 @ 3:08pm
V-10 CLUB Z Feb 3, 2014 @ 3:14pm 
I get you and while I would have agreed with that a few months ago it seems that the list of broken games grows larger and larger. In the end this is the entire stores reputation on the line.

If this isn't fixed early then it can really escalate. What is a few games now will become many more down the line.
ReBoot Feb 3, 2014 @ 3:18pm 
Can you provide examples for the increasing problem? Without naming early access games, that is.
V-10 CLUB Z Feb 3, 2014 @ 3:42pm 
While I am okay with the early access concept I think some of the games are selling for outrageous prices and honestly are not even alpha quality. Some of those games have no business being on Steam and selling for $40. You have games that are literally just ideas with almost no content charging a premium. That is not what alpha is.

With that aside,

Unearthed series
Ride to Hell Retribution
Takedown Red Sabre
Orion: Dino Horde
Guise of the Wolf
War Z
Gettysburg: Armored Warfare
Alien Rage
Rekoil
X Rebirth
Revelations 2012
Day One: Garry's Incident
Special Forces Team X
Air Conflicts: Vietnam
R.I.P.D. The Game
Arma Tactics
Impire
Apox

These are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. There are so many obscure titles out there that I wouldn't doubt are so miserably broken and buggy that I don't know of. This is by no means saying obscure titles are all bad so don't take it that way.

Another thing I should mention that was in the video are the old games Steam sells. When you buy one of these games on GoG they are guaranteed to work. Why? Because CD Projekt actually has people dedicated to making those games work on modern systems. If by some chance it does not work you are offered a full refund.

When you buy an older title on Steam it might work or it might not. It's up to you to make it work or deal with the lost money. Surely if CD Projekt can make these games work a very wealthy company such as Valve can make the games compatible on modern operating systems. It's by no means mandatory for them to do that but it is called gaining customer trust and good will.

Last edited by V-10 CLUB Z; Feb 3, 2014 @ 3:45pm
ReBoot Feb 3, 2014 @ 3:45pm 
Right, games like WarZ are a disaster.
V-10 CLUB Z Feb 3, 2014 @ 3:50pm 
Exactly, some of these games have no business here. I understand that Valve is just a distributor but in the end it is their reputation on the line not just those obscure companies who have nothing to lose. All they do is rip off some unsuspecting people and profit from it.

Valve easily has the most digital games available but how much of that is absolute junk? Greenlight did nothing to increase quality because so many of the games which were voted in were concepts at the time. Now that they are finished games a lot of them are straight up broken or incredibly buggy.

There needs to be some serious guidelines here because some people are taking advantage of this. As I previously mentioned about early access, it started off as a good idea but look what some developers have done to it. They release games that are nothing more than concepts and so miserably broken and unfinished yet they charge crazy amounts for it.

There is a difference between alpha and "I have no idea what our game is gonna end up being. Let's release a level and some other crap and charge $20+ for it. The bits that we do release will barely function as well."

For every Divine Divinity and Broken Age you get loads of barely functioning concepts.
Last edited by V-10 CLUB Z; Feb 3, 2014 @ 3:56pm
king Feb 3, 2014 @ 4:23pm 
Do people commit any research when purchasing anything anymore? In the video, the person was complaining about having an early access game and it being buggy. Do your research, use youtube as a resource, and quit being another sucker for these devs.
ReBoot Feb 4, 2014 @ 12:27am 
No one in his right mind complains about early access games being buggy.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50

All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
Date Posted: Feb 3, 2014 @ 2:30pm