wburton72 Feb 3 @ 10:12pm
Modeling software?
Found some interesting 3d software while browsing the internet. Not sure which one I should invest my time in. I found TrueSpace 7.6, Gmax, Hexagon, and Milkshape. Also looked at blender but I don't like its messy ui.
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Dendrobates Tinctorius Feb 3 @ 10:40pm 
Blender is under active development and is fairly feature complete, so it's probably the best choice.
Gathering of the Juggalos Feb 4 @ 12:00am 
Blender has come a long way, and tbh its more intuitive than ever. Already compared to other programs like 3dsmax, and cinema4d, and have found no problem in using blender over those.
WhiteKnight77 Feb 4 @ 4:10am 
GMax is a stripped down version of 3DSM and made by the same company as 3DSM.
GenPattonBR Feb 4 @ 4:29am 
Have you looked at Maya ?
Rox.KIS 322 Feb 4 @ 6:19am 
lol
xeratdragons Feb 4 @ 6:32am 
http://puu.sh/6IUFg.jpg this is my dragon test armature you like
xeratdragons Feb 4 @ 6:32am 
?
Pontifex Feb 4 @ 7:06am 
Blender is quite good, but I don't like it myself. I rather use gmax, it's fairly enough for me now - a less complex version of 3DS Max. Also, if you are interested in a very simple way for a very simple modelling, it can be done with Valve Hammer Editor, then .vmf exported to .smd and optionally compiled to .mdl with Propper.
xeratdragons Feb 4 @ 7:59am 
Pontifex you like my dragon?
wburton72 Feb 4 @ 3:47pm 
Originally posted by Pontifex:
Blender is quite good, but I don't like it myself. I rather use gmax, it's fairly enough for me now - a less complex version of 3DS Max. Also, if you are interested in a very simple way for a very simple modelling, it can be done with Valve Hammer Editor, then .vmf exported to .smd and optionally compiled to .mdl with Propper.

I feel the same way. I need a program that is simple to use yet powerful.
wburton72 Feb 4 @ 3:50pm 
I actually started out with blender 4yrs ago before the ui change. Still confused with the program.
Touching Hair Feb 4 @ 4:42pm 
I was taught using 3ds Max and that's what I've grown to love.

I've tried multiple times to get along with Blender but I always find it's UI to be quite frustrating.
I love ZBrush, you should give it a try, It's very intuitive yet powerful. Maya is great, too.
Last edited by Yozora Mikazuki * SteelSeries; Feb 4 @ 4:51pm
wburton72 Feb 4 @ 5:20pm 
Originally posted by {KoR}C.C.:
I love ZBrush, you should give it a try, It's very intuitive yet powerful. Maya is great, too.

Zbrush is digital sculpting, best used to make textures. Also got mudbox, 3d-coat, pixologic Sculptris (free), and blender for sculpting.
Last edited by wburton72; Feb 4 @ 5:25pm
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 3 @ 10:12pm