All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
Harmon (twitch.tv/harmon7805) Jan 31, 2014 @ 8:00pm
Scrolls or Hearthstone?
Thinking about trying out a card game. Anyone have exp with both and a good recommendation?
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Jonny88 Jan 31, 2014 @ 8:05pm 
why don't you just try hearthstone for yourself? it's free? open beta now
Harmon (twitch.tv/harmon7805) Jan 31, 2014 @ 8:45pm 
i did but Scrolls is $21. Just wondering if there were people that have played both and would recommend one over the other.
Gaki no tsukai Jan 31, 2014 @ 11:49pm 
Hearthstone is kinda like magic for ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ people , I havent played Scrolls but I guess it cant get easier then Hearthstone ... but still its a matter of taste :)
cmmorey Feb 1, 2014 @ 5:11pm 
SolForge is also free to play.
Rumpelcrutchskin Feb 1, 2014 @ 7:13pm 
I like Hearthstone, especially Arenas. Scrolls seems to be kinda overcomplicated.
Dont think that Hearthstone is that F2P though. Unless you put some money in it first it will take you ages to get started and have some proper cards, especially with ranking system resetting each month now you will just get stomped over and over again in ranked play by players with half their deck legendary cards, matchmaking doesnt mean squat now with each high-ranked player starting over each month to grind rank.
I dropped about 60 euros in Hearthstone and played only Arenas for that for starters, this got me going nicely since I watched good Arena players like Kripp, Trump and Ek0p on Twitch months before I got into beta.
With no previous experience you will probably get stomped in Arena at first though.
Now that I have some decent cards I'm getting more into ranked play.
olde Feb 1, 2014 @ 7:22pm 
Originally posted by Rumpelcrutchskin:
I like Hearthstone, especially Arenas. Scrolls seems to be kinda overcomplicated.
Dont think that Hearthstone is that F2P though. Unless you put some money in it first it will take you ages to get started and have some proper cards, especially with ranking system resetting each month now you will just get stomped over and over again in ranked play by players with half their deck legendary cards, matchmaking doesnt mean squat now with each high-ranked player starting over each month to grind rank.
I dropped about 60 euros in Hearthstone and played only Arenas for that for starters, this got me going nicely since I watched good Arena players like Kripp, Trump and Ek0p on Twitch months before I got into beta.
With no previous experience you will probably get stomped in Arena at first though.
Now that I have some decent cards I'm getting more into ranked play.
and THAT is why I don't play card games.
pay2win simulator 2014
Rumpelcrutchskin Feb 1, 2014 @ 7:25pm 
Originally posted by the power of the home depot:
pay2win simulator 2014

That's why I like Arena most of all in this game, you cant just buy your way to win in there, you actually need some skill to make most of random cards.
olde Feb 1, 2014 @ 7:28pm 
Originally posted by Rumpelcrutchskin:
Originally posted by the power of the home depot:
pay2win simulator 2014

That's why I like Arena most of all in this game, you cant just buy your way to win in there, you actually need some skill to make most of random cards.
but I still don't play them anyways.
they're 2slow paced.
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50

All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
Date Posted: Jan 31, 2014 @ 8:00pm