All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
S0ul Jul 29, 2015 @ 8:39pm
minecraft problem
So ok; yes I've run into a minecraft issue; I was trying to play with my younger brother since we hadn't touched in, years. I had no traces of minecraft on my computer anymore. I downloaded the launcher from my fragile and rustic old Mojang account; and the launcher installed fine.

But minecraft will not install ANY of its resources; maybe a few textures; but the resource packs, the sound, and more is all missing from it and it wont update to install them. I have the latest java update as I tried installing a newer version just today and re-downloading but I'm still in the same problem.

What is happeneing? (also I allowed access through my firewall.)
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
:3 Jul 29, 2015 @ 8:44pm 
If worse comes to worse copy your brother mincraft files unto your computer via flash drive.Although a pain it will work.
S0ul Jul 29, 2015 @ 9:10pm 
this is annoying, shouldn't minecraft just download all the resources required to play? I'm downloading the installer from mojang's site and I have the launcher but there is nothing on the launcher itself, and no sounds in game.
Last edited by S0ul; Jul 29, 2015 @ 9:10pm
♠ZerØ♠ Jul 29, 2015 @ 9:12pm 
Tell you what. I will install right now, and see if I get any sound issues. give me 10 minutes to set up and test
S0ul Jul 29, 2015 @ 9:14pm 
ok, if its any help. I am getting an error in the launcher "Error failed to get download from resource (url site) quit on download.

it spams that like 25x times or more. if i try to open the url it crashes my browser.

[21:15:14 ERROR]: Gave up trying to download http://resources.download.minecraft.net/20/209e71ba58feb5061d813724eac2b06a55b3e066 for job 'Resources'
Last edited by S0ul; Jul 29, 2015 @ 9:17pm
♠ZerØ♠ Jul 29, 2015 @ 9:24pm 
try deleting the resource file, and then play it for a while

Try a vanilla install

Then add resource packs.
\
Everything I have is working fine, and everything I see implies a slow resource pack install. So I recommend those first steps and let me know how that goes. ANd what resource packs are you installing? Technic?
S0ul Jul 29, 2015 @ 9:27pm 
I'm not installing any resource packs or mods. I'm trying to install a completely clean minecraft vanilla game. I haven't touched it in a year, since then i got a new computer so No traces of minecraft are found on my computer.

I just went to Mojang.com input my account information and clicked download for windows. and it downloaded the launcher, created a folder and said it downloaded 1.8.8 minecraft. But the sounds are missing and when I go into texture pack resources (just on a whim to check if everything is there like its own default vanilla textures) it says its missing the resource files.

the launcher gives an error saying it gave up on trying to download from resource site though, so I figure something to start there.
Last edited by S0ul; Jul 29, 2015 @ 9:29pm
♠ZerØ♠ Jul 29, 2015 @ 9:38pm 
Originally posted by Admiral Durgon:
I'm not installing any resource packs or mods. I'm trying to install a completely clean minecraft vanilla game. I haven't touched it in a year, since then i got a new computer so No traces of minecraft are found on my computer.

I just went to Mojang.com input my account information and clicked download for windows. and it downloaded the launcher, created a folder and said it downloaded 1.8.8 minecraft. But the sounds are missing and when I go into texture pack resources (just on a whim to check if everything is there like its own default vanilla textures) it says its missing the resource files.

the launcher gives an error saying it gave up on trying to download from resource site though, so I figure something to start there.
Yea. Again, mine installed fine, but the info on the error implies a firewall or you side dl issue. I am looking for fixes, but with a clean install, my error checking is limited to issues I can generate.
S0ul Jul 29, 2015 @ 9:40pm 
I can provide additional information if it helps.

I have a windows 8.1 computer.
quad core; running a nvidia card.
Norton internet security
Google chrome browser

64.bit
Java is at the latest "I downloaded from the site today"
♠ZerØ♠ Jul 29, 2015 @ 9:56pm 
I can provide additional information if it helps.

I have a windows 8.1 computer.
quad core; running a nvidia card.
Norton internet security
Google chrome browser

64.bit
Java is at the latest "I downloaded from the site today"

Win 10
Quad core, ATI
Personal software security cluster
Chrome, Firefox and Edge.

Everything is working, hence my issue tracking yours.

I should have the issue over you.

So I am trying to trigger the issue, but it takes me messing stuff up, and that takes a little time.
♠ZerØ♠ Jul 29, 2015 @ 10:47pm 
Sorry man. I can see others with the issue, but I can't recreate it. Still appears to be a you side issue, unless MC is having issues while rolling out the MC WIN 10 model. Which could link up to you. I would doubt it, but it COULD be an issue.
S0ul Jul 29, 2015 @ 10:57pm 
ok thanks for taking sometime to look into it. I guess I wont be playing minecraft for a little while.
♠ZerØ♠ Jul 29, 2015 @ 11:00pm 
ok thanks for taking sometime to look into it. I guess I wont be playing minecraft for a little while.
wait a couple of days. I bet, since it is a microsoft product now, they updated the host servers, and it will take a day or so to sort out version downloads.
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50

All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
Date Posted: Jul 29, 2015 @ 8:39pm