jlgamer Jun 30 @ 7:55am
Should I make a YouTube channel?
Hi guys. I would love to make a YouTube channel on gaming. I'm a gamer who loves indie games. Don't worry, I'm not another CoD player (god I hate that game). I would love to do a channel inspired by TotalBiscuit and NerdCubed, two of my favourite YouTubers. There's just one problem: I'm 14 years old. This is what is making me think twice about making a YouTube channel. If I made one, I'd probably get lots of hate. I wouldn't swear or curse in any of my videos (I'm not that kind of teenage gamer). So, my question is: If I did make a YouTube channel, is it something you would watch? If so, if you could give me ideas on how I should do my videos, that would be great (eg. reviews, walkthroughs). Hope I've posted this in the right place, and thanks for the help.
Last edited by jlgamer; Jun 30 @ 8:28am
Showing 1-15 of 79 comments
< >
Michelle Jun 30 @ 8:01am 
I used to do gaming videos a while back, and at the time I was probably about your age - don't let it get you down! You can do videos at any age, it's not about how old you are, it's about what you bring to the videos and if you are entertaining. Walkthroughs are helpful but I think a lot of the time they have already been done, what is good to do is just recording yourself playing it and talking about stuff while doing it, or even having a friend talk with you and be part of the video too. The possibilities are endless! Just think - if you enjoy it, why not do it? :)
Black Blade Jun 30 @ 8:23am 
Well look i am not young as you..
But i have a voice and accent that makes it really hard to understand any thing i say
Yet my channel seem to be doing ok (even that i do not try it to hard) and i do it as a hobby.. over all seem like people like it more or less

And hi you need to start in some point.. so just go for it.. worst case, you will get better over time and when you not going to be 14 (even that i am not sure why that be hated to start with) you will be more ready to make it right and get a channel that will run well...

The most important thing i think abut it is no matter what every one say just keep going.. take any thing a something helpful learn from it and move on
And to really make it work make it for your self... it dose not matter if someone really likes it or hates it its abut what you like and what you want to do..

And i think if you do what you like, been reviews, walkthroughs, Lets Play. if you enjoy it and have fun with it.. others will enjoy it as well

And for any case be sure to look into all the copy rights thing before you go out and post a video.. last thing you want is been blame on copy rights
Valzeras Jun 30 @ 8:26am 
1.Grow a real thick skin

2.Copy Pewdiepie

3.???

4.Profit!
Black Blade Jun 30 @ 8:30am 
Originally posted by Valzeras:
1.Grow a real thick skin

2.Copy Pewdiepie

3.???

4.Profit!
not very likely to work... if you going to copy someone else and not be real abut what you do, its not really going to work. and i think you much less enjoy it

Even that taking tips from him is a good thing if that is what you mean XD

O ya also forgot to add before try to keep time to post.. like if you take once a week keep it.. do not drop off to 2 weeks if you can avoid it (more videos is fine less....)
Last edited by Black Blade; Jun 30 @ 8:31am
Spawk Jun 30 @ 8:31am 
Originally posted by jlgamer:
There's just one problem: I'm 14 years old. This is what is making me think twice about making a YouTube channel..
Yeah, I wouldn't do it.
Minty Jun 30 @ 8:56am 
I-I think Call of Duty is an okay gam-*shot dead instantly
To be honest though, the community ruined the series.
Flinty13Machinima Jun 30 @ 9:19am 
If you're inspired by NerdCubed and TotalBiscuit then do don't it as they are fraudsters. Believe me, I'm a director at Machinima I know about all these things.
ZombehCake Jun 30 @ 9:24am 
I say do it. You can use your age as a gimmick to get traffic as long as you think you have the charisma and presence to pull it off.
Valzeras Jun 30 @ 9:30am 
Originally posted by Flinty13Machinima:
I'm a director at Machinima I know about all these things.

fraudsters.

Right...
Flinty13Machinima Jun 30 @ 9:40am 
Originally posted by Valzeras:
I'm a director at Machinima I know about all these things.

fraudsters.

Right...

???
jlgamer Jun 30 @ 10:05am 
If you're inspired by NerdCubed and TotalBiscuit then do don't it as they are fraudsters. Believe me, I'm a director at Machinima I know about all these things.
What do you mean they are fraudsters?
Last edited by jlgamer; Jun 30 @ 10:06am
hyp0r Jun 30 @ 10:20am 
You've got nothing to lose, just do it! You'll get lots of hate, not because of your age, that's just how YouTube is. Ignore the hate and do what you want! Don't worry about what other think.
Spawk Jun 30 @ 10:23am 
Originally posted by hyp0r:
You've got nothing to lose, just do it! You'll get lots of hate, not because of your age, that's just how YouTube is.
Nobody likes watching a 14 year old do anything on YouTube. Don't give the kid false hope.
Valzeras Jun 30 @ 10:24am 
Originally posted by Spawk:
You've got nothing to lose, just do it! You'll get lots of hate, not because of your age, that's just how YouTube is.
Nobody likes watching a 14 year old do anything on YouTube. Don't give the kid false hope.

Beiber
jlgamer Jun 30 @ 10:24am 
Originally posted by Spawk:
The thing is, I wouldn't act like a 14-year-old. I would act like an adult. I also don't sound like a kid, so that would improve things.
Showing 1-15 of 79 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50