Sezzula Jun 7 @ 4:43pm
Summer Sale
Anyone have a specific date or an idea of when the Summer Sale will begin ?
Showing 1-15 of 1,199 comments
< >
Black Blade Jun 7 @ 4:49pm 
Some time in the summer suggest you maybe search past treads abut these no one really know before it will be here or slip out by mistake like last year
Last edited by Black Blade; Jun 7 @ 4:50pm
Sezzula Jun 7 @ 4:54pm 
I see, if i remember well, last year it was at the end of July, right ?
Blvck Jun 7 @ 6:20pm 
Steam Summer Sale
Is it true the Steam Summer Sale is going to start in a week or so, so that it doesn't clash with the Dota 2 International 4?
July!
Blvck Jun 7 @ 6:22pm 
I'm just trying to find out if i'm the only one who knows about the rumor
Δ👽 Louna 👽Δ Jun 7 @ 6:36pm 
I won't even need the sales probably.
Blvck Jun 7 @ 6:38pm 
Hmm Don't doubt it with the 2.1K games owned but I'm poor and want Arma 3 cheaper ;-;
Fork_Q2 (Banned) Jun 7 @ 7:20pm 
Maybe, there won't be a sale any more now that publishers can set their own sales?
Hayden Jun 7 @ 8:20pm 
There are probably a dozen threads on this already so don't be surprised if this one gets locked or deleted. Just do a search next time, or google it.

They don't publish the dates of the sales because it would cannabalize sales up until that point.

Last year there was a Spring sale (just indie titles) in March, Summer Sale (most titles) in July, Halloween sale (horror titles), Autumn sale (don't remember) around Thanksgiving, and the Winter sale around Christmas.
And you have the constant sales as well. The daily title sale (posted at 1 p.m. est lasting 48 hours), Mid-week madness sales (I think tue-thr @1 p.m.)), Weekend sales (thurs-monday @ 1 p.m.), Week long sales (Monday 1 p.m.-next monday @1 p.m.). Also publishers are free to make sales at any point they wish ( I believe the minnimum length is 48 hours though it could be 24).
yellowblanka Jun 7 @ 8:39pm 
Originally posted by HLCinSC:
There are probably a dozen threads on this already so don't be surprised if this one gets locked or deleted. Just do a search next time, or google it.

They don't publish the dates of the sales because it would cannabalize sales up until that point.

Last year there was a Spring sale (just indie titles) in March, Summer Sale (most titles) in July, Halloween sale (horror titles), Autumn sale (don't remember) around Thanksgiving, and the Winter sale around Christmas.
And you have the constant sales as well. The daily title sale (posted at 1 p.m. est lasting 48 hours), Mid-week madness sales (I think tue-thr @1 p.m.)), Weekend sales (thurs-monday @ 1 p.m.), Week long sales (Monday 1 p.m.-next monday @1 p.m.). Also publishers are free to make sales at any point they wish ( I believe the minnimum length is 48 hours though it could be 24).

But is there a Summer sale though....and when might that be???
Dabullbomb Jun 7 @ 8:50pm 
Cant wait for the summer sale!!
Hayden Jun 7 @ 8:53pm 
Originally posted by yellowblanka:

Again,
They don't publish the dates of the sales because it would cannabalize sales up until that point. Summer Sales have been a tradition and since all their major competitors have started doing them it would be foolish for them to not, as people would gravitate towards those other retailers even if they are just buying steam keys. Only Valve and some publishers know. The best thing to go on is history which suggests some time around mid-July.
yellowblanka Jun 7 @ 8:58pm 

Again,
They don't publish the dates of the sales because it would cannabalize sales up until that point. Summer Sales have been a tradition and since all their major competitors have started doing them it would be foolish for them to not, as people would gravitate towards those other retailers even if they are just buying steam keys. Only Valve and some publishers know. The best thing to go on is history which suggests some time around mid-July.

Heh...I know, I was making a joke. Guess I should have put a sarcasm tag or something.
Hayden Jun 7 @ 9:05pm 

Again,

Heh...I know, I was making a joke. Guess I should have put a sarcasm tag or something.
Hah yeah. In these forums especially it's sometimes hard to tell between sarcasm and people being idiots or only hearing what they want to hear.
GenPattonBR Jun 9 @ 12:38pm 
I wish I had a dollar for everytime this question was asked.
Showing 1-15 of 1,199 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jun 7 @ 4:43pm