ChrisFigure May 21 @ 6:24pm
Runescape Substitutes
Hello, I've been looking for some substitutes to my old Runescape addiction. A.) I dislike the new "Runescape 3" overhaul and don't want to play it. B.) Members sucks to keep having to resubscribe too. The game isn't worth the 500 USD you end up paying after 10 years of playing.
Essentially what I'm looking for is an RPG game with massive focus of skills like mining, fishing, cooking, dungeoneering, and enchanting, in other words odd non combat oriented skills that most RPG's glaze over. I'd prefer it to be a one time payment singleplayer game if possible, I'm really not a fan of MMORPG's other than how Runescape used to be. So far my favorite substitutes are Faldon, Skyrim, and Minecraft's Hexxit modpack. The only issues are that Faldon has no focus on combat, Skyrim has too much focus on combat, and Hexxit has a good balance but no level system other than the levels for regular minecraft enchantment. Does anybody else know of any others I should try?
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Shasow May 21 @ 6:48pm 
Eldevin. https://www.eldevin.com/ Basically, Runescape clone, but better.

It's also completely free. You can buy cosmetic items, etc. in the cash shop, but no "membership" of any kind like Runescape.
Last edited by Shasow; May 21 @ 6:58pm
Yuna May 21 @ 7:31pm 
Eldevin is about as close as you'll get.
Wolf Chaos (Banned) May 21 @ 10:28pm 
Originally posted by ChrisFigure:
Hello, I've been looking for some substitutes to my old Runescape addiction. A.) I dislike the new "Runescape 3" overhaul and don't want to play it. B.) Members sucks to keep having to resubscribe too. The game isn't worth the 500 USD you end up paying after 10 years of playing.
Essentially what I'm looking for is an RPG game with massive focus of skills like mining, fishing, cooking, dungeoneering, and enchanting, in other words odd non combat oriented skills that most RPG's glaze over. I'd prefer it to be a one time payment singleplayer game if possible, I'm really not a fan of MMORPG's other than how Runescape used to be. So far my favorite substitutes are Faldon, Skyrim, and Minecraft's Hexxit modpack. The only issues are that Faldon has no focus on combat, Skyrim has too much focus on combat, and Hexxit has a good balance but no level system other than the levels for regular minecraft enchantment. Does anybody else know of any others I should try?

WoW
ChrisFigure May 22 @ 11:10am 
You guys rock, Eldevin is amazingly close (if not better) and I appreciate your responses!
Joso118 Jun 7 @ 11:47pm 
Runesape recently re-opened 2007 servers, and right now there's a F2P trial for new accounts!

http://oldschool.runescape.com/
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: May 21 @ 6:24pm