All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
Tyrion Jun 28, 2015 @ 1:34pm
Who else has built their own computer?
I'm patting myself on the back right now as I am about to install the operating system on my new PC, and it was a really nerve wracking week of just figuring out what was going on, and how sweet it was when I saw bios appear. I'm curious to know how many of you on steam do this for all your PC's, and what your first experience was like? There were a couple of times where I thought I had broken the motherboard, or other bits of it, but all apparently works. So that's my question. Thanks for reading.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Murda Jun 30, 2015 @ 12:27pm 
My dad built his PC. He said it was easy but I think he was bluffing because he is the kind of guy that stresses out on little things :P
WhiteKnight77 Jun 30, 2015 @ 12:59pm 
I can and have built previous PCs that I have used.
:3 Jun 30, 2015 @ 3:22pm 
I have built a couple of PCs and installed the operating system in computer and robotics 4H that i was in when i was in 6th grade.
Bosh Jun 30, 2015 @ 3:37pm 
My dad built my computer when I first got it. When my graphics card died I just thought "♥♥♥♥ it" and decided to take it apart to see what does what and what goes where. It's as easy as playing with very expensive lego. All you need to worry about is static electricity, which can easily be solved with an anti-static wrist strap that you can get for less than £3 on amazon. Now almost everything in it is new except the processor the motherboard, and the case itself.
Hardware itself is actually much hardier than you'd expect. I dropped my cpu (often the most expensive part of the whole rig) right onto the table with a loud thud and immediately thought I broke it, but when my dad came to fix it it was completely functional. I even dropped my phone onto my £300 graphics card from a good hight, and it hasn't suffered any problems at all.
[uF] Granny Jun 30, 2015 @ 5:03pm 
The PC I have now was built by my father's late friend. It's 8 years old. The only thing I needed to change during that period was the graphic card.
I want to get a new computer soon and I'm thinking of haveing it built too. Ideally by myself, but I never did it before. We'll see :D
Tyrion Jun 30, 2015 @ 5:16pm 
Originally posted by uF Babcia3:
The PC I have now was built by my father's late friend. It's 8 years old. The only thing I needed to change during that period was the graphic card.
I want to get a new computer soon and I'm thinking of haveing it built too. Ideally by myself, but I never did it before. We'll see :D
My suggestion is, watch a few videos before hand. It will save time, because you know exactly what everything looks like. I kind of waited, and didn't do any planning and it took a week, I built it twice because I had poor cable management.
[uF] Granny Jun 30, 2015 @ 5:25pm 
Originally posted by Tyrion:
Originally posted by uF Babcia3:
My suggestion is, watch a few videos before hand. It will save time, because you know exactly what everything looks like. I kind of waited, and didn't do any planning and it took a week, I built it twice because I had poor cable management.
Thanks for advice :)
Tbh, I am way too much of a natural control freak to let myself start something without preparation. If I do, I always screw up xD
Last edited by [uF] Granny; Jun 30, 2015 @ 5:25pm
I build computers for a living... It's like playing with Legos to me.
♠ZerØ♠ Jun 30, 2015 @ 5:31pm 
If I build another one, I am going to do some freaky project, like a Mineral Oil tank, just for a conversation piece for my media center.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50

All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
Date Posted: Jun 28, 2015 @ 1:34pm