Wszystkie dyskusje > Fora Steam > Off Topic > Szczegóły wątku
Ten wątek został zamknięty
Myshakh 26 sierpnia 2014 o 3:09
Humble bundle hurts developers?
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/08/18/puppygames-battledroid-basingstoke/

Hey guys i read this artical on RPS and to be honest this is some scary s..t, dont get me wrong like almost every gamer i want games cheap as possible, but if indie developers gonna be screwed and stop making all these great games is gonna be bad for us gamers. I personally stop buying big titles almost a year ago, because i dont care if the game is ultra open big, they deserve max 10 euro for a game with bugs, short game lenght, horrible support, dlcs etc.So i stop playin AAA games, return to indie small games and find out these are real games, games that make you rage, make you feel the satisfaction after the struggle, make you think how to do it. What you guys think? in time are we gonna have only games for 10 hours for 100 euro and no hardcore titles like super meat boy?
< >
Wyświetlanie 1-4 z 4 komentarzy
BenjiGonzo 26 sierpnia 2014 o 3:15 
I'm not sure how anything in that link relates to Humble Bundle. Unless I'm blind or something.

EDIT: Heck, I'm not even sure if anything in your OP has to do with Humble Bundle.
Ostatnio edytowany przez: BenjiGonzo; 26 sierpnia 2014 o 3:17
Fork_Q2 26 sierpnia 2014 o 3:27 
TotalBuscuit in one of his videos said that polled a few indie devs, and they told him that HB sales do not cannibalize their Steam sales. I can't recall which video this is exactly though.

As for Puppy Games, Fork_Q enjoys their games, but it seems they have deeper issues that goes further then HB. They even commented on that very article you posted: "But then again I don’t think we’ve made particularly good games."

The constant sales culture of Steam and HB probably had forced Indies to sell their games at rock-bottom prices though.
Mr. Tex 26 sierpnia 2014 o 3:44 
I try to buy directly from developers but often the price differences are just too high.

I think developers that sell games from their own sites should have a pay-at-least system, for example 'pay at least $5 for this game'. That would make me buy more games directly from them.

The vast majority of my purchases are indie games and older PC games, because they are so much more interesting.
Gus the Crocodile 26 sierpnia 2014 o 3:55 
Początkowo opublikowane przez Bootis:
I think developers that sell games from their own sites should have a pay-at-least system, for example 'pay at least $5 for this game'. That would make me buy more games directly from them.
Yeah. Anyone selling through a Humble widget has this, as do people on itch.io for instance. It is a good idea, one I hope Steam takes up at some point.

Rob Fearon had a pretty good little "where we are and how we got here" piece on bundling not long ago:
http://www.merseyremakes.co.uk/gibber/2014/08/the-bundleocalypse/
< >
Wyświetlanie 1-4 z 4 komentarzy
Na stronę: 1530 50

Wszystkie dyskusje > Fora Steam > Off Topic > Szczegóły wątku
Data napisania: 26 sierpnia 2014 o 3:09