All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
Minecraft regenerate ore in old map?
Me and some friends have had a minecraft server for years and we've almost bled the area we live in dry of ore over the years. I was just wondering if you guys knew a way you can regenerate ore in already existing chunks? Preferably without deleteing everything in said chunks? This would be ectremely helpful considering we have to trevel thousands of blocks in order to find new ore...
< >
Showing 1-15 of 27 comments
ЯΣП Jan 19, 2017 @ 10:31am 
I don't think you can unless you use a world editor. Might want to get a blast sheild because the rest of the forum would rather hate on you for playing minecraft than help you.
DeathMetalJedi Jan 19, 2017 @ 10:33am 
Well ♥♥♥♥ them... They're just too proud to admit minecraft is one of greatest games of all time.

BTW: This isn't an enthusiastic 12 year old speaking
Ivy Jan 19, 2017 @ 10:35am 
Originally posted by Evil Ginger:
They're just too proud to admit minecraft is one of greatest games of all time.

It was all fun and games until the content oversaturation
DeathMetalJedi Jan 19, 2017 @ 10:37am 
Originally posted by Copperman:

I, personally, find most of them necessary changes. I mean it never really made sense to me how sheep never dropped meat. The rabbits are pretty cute too lol
D U C K Jan 19, 2017 @ 10:39am 
SO GOOD :V
shoopy Jan 19, 2017 @ 11:50am 
I recommend just getting Mystcraft and make some mining ages. Or Minefactory Reloaded and use the laser drill which infinitely produces random ores. Or use both.
Reepus Vanguard Jan 19, 2017 @ 11:54am 
I don't think this is true. Are you talking about pe?
DeathMetalJedi Jan 19, 2017 @ 11:56am 
Originally posted by Reepus Vangaurd:

lol no... I'm talking about a PC server that we've been playing on since late beta
Reepus Vanguard Jan 19, 2017 @ 11:57am 

lol no... I'm talking about a PC server that we've been playing on since late beta
Minecraft shouldn't regenerate blocks, the game remembers what you do no matter how much you did.
shoopy Jan 19, 2017 @ 12:00pm 

Minecraft shouldn't regenerate blocks, the game remembers what you do no matter how much you did.

There are ways to make it regenerate the map using external tools but they are not easy. The easiest way is to use MCedit and just delete the chunks and the game will rebuild them based on the seed, but that would also delete everything built in those chunks.
Reepus Vanguard Jan 19, 2017 @ 12:02pm 
Originally posted by ardiel:

There are ways to make it regenerate the map using external tools but they are not easy. The easiest way is to use MCedit and just delete the chunks and the game will rebuild them based on the seed, but that would also delete everything built in those chunks.
If we are talking about manually doing it then with the right tools, it should be easy.
Vortex Jan 19, 2017 @ 12:06pm 
Originally posted by Copperman:

DÖNER
Overson Jan 19, 2017 @ 12:09pm 
I like Minecraft. It's just been overrun by 12 year olds that started playing and swear in the chat without knowing what the words actually mean. That's why I don't play it that much. Also, my singleplayer worlds have kinda gotten old
DeathMetalJedi Jan 19, 2017 @ 12:11pm 
Originally posted by 口∨モ尺ち口れ:
I like Minecraft. It's just been overrun by 12 year olds that started playing and swear in the chat without knowing what the words actually mean. That's why I don't play it that much. Also, my singleplayer worlds have kinda gotten old

Get some of your friends and start a server together. Some of the best fun you'll ever have.
Jej Jan 19, 2017 @ 12:13pm 
I had the same issue with my server years ago. We basically teleported to an area hundreds of thousands of blocks away, then make the new spawn point there. After that we made a rail system in the nether that ended in the original spawn point.
Last edited by Jej; Jan 19, 2017 @ 12:14pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 27 comments
Per page: 1530 50

All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
Date Posted: Jan 19, 2017 @ 10:19am