Lamp Nov 19, 2012 @ 10:39am
Jerky gameplay with mouse, smooth gameplay with 360 controller
So basically when I'm playing any game, for example bioshock or skyrim, I get a mostly solid 60fps. However when I use the mouse and look around or aim, the movement is jerky and not smooth but still running at a constant 60fps. When I hook up and use my wireless xbox remote, the gameplay is smooth as silk. My mouse is a fairly new Logitech M705 and I am not using a mouse pad if that has anything to do with it. Thanks for any help.
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Gorf Jan 11, 2013 @ 6:05am 
Have you had any joy in fixing this, as I'm getting exactly the same symptoms. Mouse appears to move about 5 pixels for the slightest movement, but xbox controller is silky smooth! I've even bought a new mouse (Abyssus) but no change. Windows magnifier shows I move one pixel a time in Windows).

HEEEEELP!
Lamp Jan 14, 2013 @ 12:38pm 
Well I wouldn't say it's been fixed, but I've gotten used to it and don't notice it too much anymore lol.
Gorf Jan 15, 2013 @ 1:13am 
I managed to fix it (thankfully) with a bunch of different things - although i'm not sure which was the real fix. I changed in game sensitivity to lowest setting, changed windows mouse settings to 5/10 (or 6/11) and installed a reg key to fix mouse acceleration. This combination works perfectly for all FPS games I've tried including Spec Ops, BF3 etc...
nuuskis77 Jan 15, 2013 @ 5:11pm 
I have exactly the same problem, SetPoint recognizes Steam as a game(God only knows why) and when the actual game.exe is loaded, this Upsets the SetPoint and causes the jerky movement. The interesting thing is that in some games (those which I bought on DVD) the mouse works just fine, even if I start them from my Steam library. For those out there who don't have an xbox360 controller or don't want to play with one, I recommend any other mouse provider than Logitech.
Lamp Jan 20, 2013 @ 8:17am 
Originally posted by Gorf:
I managed to fix it (thankfully) with a bunch of different things - although i'm not sure which was the real fix. I changed in game sensitivity to lowest setting, changed windows mouse settings to 5/10 (or 6/11) and installed a reg key to fix mouse acceleration. This combination works perfectly for all FPS games I've tried including Spec Ops, BF3 etc...

Can you provide more info on the "reg key"? Thanks
Gorf Jan 20, 2013 @ 8:43am 
Ok, I found the software I used, you can find it here:

http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/2010/03/markc-windows-7-mouse-acceleration-fix.html

Go there, read the "readme" and apply the fix.

Then use the "MouseMovementRecorder.exe" application to test if you have true 1-to-1 mouse movement with zero acceleration. You can also leave this application open while in games to test if the games are causing acceleration. When using the program, if you are moving your mouse around and the coordinatesare not highlighted with a red or green color, then you have 1 to 1.
Lamp Jan 20, 2013 @ 9:35am 
Ok thank you for the response. I'll check it out later.
Gorf Jan 20, 2013 @ 10:38am 
No worries, I know how annoying it is/was!
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 19, 2012 @ 10:39am