Are Sintec power supplies good?
I'm interested in buying a new 750 W PSU from the company named Sintec. From what i read on the internet, most of the customers were satisfied but i'm not sure if the quality compares with the one of a Corsair for example.
The price and the specifiactions are almost the same with a similar model from Corsair and this one, from Sintec, got a wider variety of connectors.

What do you suggest? Is Sintec a trusty and good brand?
< >
17/7 megjegyzés mutatása
No, it is not trust power supply. I would go for Thermaltake, Corsair or XFX.
thermaltake is crap too

antec, crosair, rosewill (ones with pfc), silverstone, xfx are good
Legutóbb szerkesztette: _I_; 2012. nov. 18., 9:03
Post a link to that power supply from Sintec.
Here's the store page, but it's in romanian, not in english.
http://www.pcgarage.ro/surse/sirtec-high-power/absolute-750w/
It's not a Sintec PSU, it's a Sirtec. I wouldn't recommend it based on previous reviews.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2008/11/12/ocz_700w_modxstream_pro_power_supply/

Unlike a lot of reviews where an item is farmed out for review I actually asked for this power supply when I saw it was coming out because I had just reviewed three bad to only barely-acceptable 700w units. However, as we now know this unit was far from good and there are a lot of points I could comment on, but I want to focus on two partially intertwined topics in particular. When I opened the package with the OCZ 700W ModXStream Pro and found a test report from PC Power & Cooling certifying this unit at full load I instantly thought I had a winner. Until, of course, I actually gutted the unit and found the very questionable "Rec" capacitors. Unknown origin capacitors with a PC Power & Cooling stamp of approval seem like an odd marriage that I simply do not understand. Good quality capacitors add very little to the BOM so why OCZ/Sirtec has decided to cut corners here is simply beyond me. Now, while I did not actually have a capacitor failure in this unit given the short time period of testing (just 14 hours) it turned out that PC Power & Cooling test report was not worth a whole lot as I had two units fail to pass testing and over time I would be very concerned about this component selection given the prominent history of dodgy capacitors in power supplies and motherboards alike.

From these experiences today, and discussions with PC Power & Cooling founder Doug Dodson, it became clear to me that OCZ units are not held to the same standards as PC Power & Cooling products as I was told about this OCZ 700W ModXStream Pro in particular "It's not a PC Power & Cooling unit it is an OCZ unit" and "OCZ's thing is more consumer oriented and designed for room temperature conditions." On one hand, I do fully understand the need for product differentiation and product segmentation in the marketplace from OCZ/PC Power & Cooling's perspective but after working with the OCZ 700W ModXStream Pro I am fully disappointed in this product. More importantly, I am disappointed in OCZ/PC Power & Cooling for the inclusion of the PC Power & Cooling generated test report with this unit. If OCZ units are not going to be held to the same standard as PC Power & Cooling fine (it is in my opinion a bad business decision to put out an inferior product though) but at the very least don't include a “PC Power & Cooling” branded hallmark item to bolster this unit as at the very least it seems to imply PC Power & Cooling quality in a unit that is far from it. However, instead of worrying about whether or not to include a PC Power & Cooling test report, OCZ could just improve the quality of the OCZ branded OCZ 700W ModXStream Pro to match that of a PC power & Cooling product so this would not be an issue.

The Bottom Line

While we had high hopes for the OCZ 700W ModXStream Pro given OCZ's decent track record and the unusually low standards that other 700w units have set forth in our testing to date the OCZ 700W ModXStream Pro hardly lived up to its “Pro” moniker. The unit’s build quality was decent but the component selection was certainly questionable and in the end the unit was unable to complete our testing at full power. As such at $104.99 (after MIR) the OCZ 700W ModXStream Pro simply cannot be recommended, especially in light of the fact that its PC Power & Cooling stablemate, the Silencer 750 Quad, can be had for $104.99 (after MIR) and actually does perform well in our testing. In the end the OCZ 700W ModXStream Pro is just another in a long line of 700 watt victims in our testing regiment.

Alright, thanks for the answer.
it seems like nobody actually knows whats is it about.
Sirtec is a company established in 1968 and Highpower is they'r brand for a long time some models of Enermax,Lianli,Silverstone and Thermaltake is produced by Sirtec ( Highpower ) which means you are actually buying from Sirtec. Taiwan company has a long time history of making lot of quality products I have 350W model works more than 7 years :) you can check their 210+ models of 80+ Standards : https://www.plugloadsolutions.com/80PlusPowerSuppliesDetail.aspx?id=42&type=2 OCZ was an old brand with lot of issues before Toshiba purchase them !

http://www.highpower-tech.com/Global/about_us.php
http://www.sirtec.com.tw/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=75&Itemid=88&lang=en

links will give idea about lot of things
< >
17/7 megjegyzés mutatása
Laponként: 1530 50

Közzétéve: 2012. nov. 18., 5:41