Bilal 2013 年 1 月 31 日 下午 2:55
Noob seeking tech help
Hello everyone, I'm pretty sure this is the wrong place to post this but I'd really appreciate some help or if someone can redirect me somewhere where I can get help.
I've bought a few games on steam and I'd like to play them on my laptop, but even on the lowest quality settings set for max performance in the games I'm playing, I'm still only getting around <10 fps. I think the problem is my dedicated video memory, which is only 64MB and most games require a lot more.

I'm pretty certain that I can't increase my dedicated video memory, but is there anything else I can do to improve my gaming experience, short of buying a new laptop?
< >
目前顯示第 1-7 則留言,共 7
Silicon Vampire 2013 年 1 月 31 日 下午 3:04 
Not really. You should be investigating these things before purchasing. Most laptops have no provisions for upgrading the vid adapter.
Bilal 2013 年 1 月 31 日 下午 3:12 
Thank you for your reply.

I purchased this laptop a long time ago, and at that time I wasn't planning to use it for gaming at all, mainly coursework for University and general internet browsing.

I understand that I probably won't be able to upgrade the video card or anything, but is that the only option to improve performance? Is there anything else that can possibly be done to improve fps?
[UFO] rad87gn 2013 年 1 月 31 日 下午 3:18 
You need a high performance dedicated graphics card designed for gaming. Without it you are toast. Integrated graphics are only good for basic usage and low end games.
最後修改者:[UFO] rad87gn; 2013 年 1 月 31 日 下午 3:21
Silicon Vampire 2013 年 1 月 31 日 下午 3:19 
That would depend on the specs of the laptop and the requirements of games you want to play on it.

Probably not though.
Bilal 2013 年 1 月 31 日 下午 3:43 
These are the specs of the laptop if I'm looking in the correct place:
http://i.imgur.com/9XayUL3.png
http://i.imgur.com/6qn5HFj.png

If I need to purchase a better video card, is it as simple as purchasing the hardware and installing it myself or would I need to take it to a shop? I wouldn't mind spending around £100 or so.

Thanks for the input by the way.
最後修改者:Silicon Vampire; 2013 年 1 月 31 日 下午 4:04
_I_ 2013 年 1 月 31 日 下午 3:51 
for most notebooks a better gpu means getting a better notebook

find something with a radeon or nvidia card
Bilal 2013 年 2 月 2 日 上午 11:09 
Thank you so much for your input skyplayer, you're really helpful.

I do play in full screen mode and your link is very helpful, I'll read it up on it and see if it's suitable, I'd rather do it than have to buy a new laptop

Thanks again, greatly appreciated.
< >
目前顯示第 1-7 則留言,共 7
每頁顯示: 1530 50

張貼日期: 2013 年 1 月 31 日 下午 2:55
回覆: 7