My Gypsy Jan 31, 2013 @ 2:08pm
PC has no signal to HDTV via HDMI cable..
UPDATE:
Heya, I've just finished building my first Gaming Desktop PC and have followed a YouTube video word for word with installing components and wires/cables and it's all been correctly done (to my knowledge so far). There's a slight problem with the connection between the PC and the HDTV now.. there's no signal on the HDMI source (and other sources I've checked on the TV).

This is the new problem I face, I have a XFX Radeon HD 7950 GPU and it has a HDMI port which I used to plug the HDMI cable into and then into the HDMI slot on my HDTV. Basically it's just a black screen with my TV message saying "no signal".

Any help?
Last edited by My Gypsy; Feb 1, 2013 @ 3:17pm
Showing 1-15 of 47 comments
< >
Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel Jan 31, 2013 @ 2:15pm 
Faulty power connections, forgot to plug in motherboard to power supply, missing connections, bad motherboard batteries, etc ,etc. The factors that may cause your problem is pretty much limitless.
Zukabazuka Jan 31, 2013 @ 2:20pm 
Those small cables could be in wrong place. Check the manual you got with the motherboard. It should have info on how to put in them correctly.
My Gypsy Jan 31, 2013 @ 2:22pm 
I've just bought the motherboard a week ago and fitted it in yesterday, the PSU power supply to the motherboard is connected, the batteries look fine and not damaged... Should I just pull apart my PC and get a professional to build it? Only thing I can think of...
BDK Jan 31, 2013 @ 2:23pm 
POWER cable is what sends a signal to the power supply to turn ON. If you didn't connect that one, it won't power on. If it still does not work, turn it around.

It's odd that you acknowledge the 'obvious' missing power connection, but still ask for help.

Check your manual carefully.
Last edited by BDK; Jan 31, 2013 @ 2:33pm
My Gypsy Jan 31, 2013 @ 2:33pm 
I think the only problem I have currently is the power button... the PSU is definitely connected to the motherboard correctly since that plug is unique and only fits into a certain sized slot. It's just that the "POWER" Labelled plug that came with the PC Case hasn't got a designated slot on the motherboard to fit into which is frustrating...

BDK Jan 31, 2013 @ 2:35pm 
Originally posted by My Gypsy:
It's just that the "POWER" Labelled plug that came with the PC Case hasn't got a designated slot on the motherboard to fit into which is frustrating...
The manual for the motherboard should tell you exactly were to plug it in.
The Rock God Jan 31, 2013 @ 2:40pm 
What motherboard do you have?
My Gypsy Jan 31, 2013 @ 2:49pm 
Originally posted by bu_chengshi:
What motherboard do you have?

GA-990FXA-UD3 Motherboard

and Aerocool XPREDATOR X1 (Midt Tower) Desktop Case.

-----------------------------------------

Response to TheBDK: There's a part in the manual about the Power Supply:

"Connect the power supply cable to the power connector in the correct orientation.
If the 12V power connector is not connected, the computer will not start."

Considering I somehow work out a way to fix the connection from the PSU to the motherbaord I still can't use the power button on my PC Case because it can't connect it's cable to anywhere on the mother/PSU.

The Rock God Jan 31, 2013 @ 2:56pm 
Go to page 25 in the manual. It's the prongs labelled as 19 in the picture.

Or your case may have one big connector for all of that. (I didn't look that up.)
Last edited by The Rock God; Jan 31, 2013 @ 2:58pm
My Gypsy Jan 31, 2013 @ 3:05pm 
Originally posted by bu_chengshi:
Go to page 25 in the manual. It's the prongs labelled as 19 in the picture.

Thanks for that, I just got the Power LEDs in the right place now. There is only suppose to be one cable connected the Power Supply and the motherboard right? (the 20 odd wires bunched together in a single cable).
Last edited by My Gypsy; Jan 31, 2013 @ 3:07pm
Silicon Vampire Jan 31, 2013 @ 3:09pm 
There is generally a four or eight pin molex connector near the CPU also... and if it's not plugged in, the board won't post.
Last edited by Silicon Vampire; Jan 31, 2013 @ 3:09pm
My Gypsy Jan 31, 2013 @ 3:15pm 
Originally posted by Silicon Vampire:
There is generally a four or eight pin molex connector near the CPU also... and if it's not plugged in, the board won't post.

There isn't a molex connector near my CPU :/
_I_ Jan 31, 2013 @ 3:30pm 
its bewteen the back panel and the heatsink near the cpu

make sure to use the 4+4 pin connector not a 6+2 connector
http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/eps4plus4.jpg

this is for the gpu
http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/pcie6plus2.jpg
Last edited by _I_; Jan 31, 2013 @ 3:30pm
Silicon Vampire Jan 31, 2013 @ 3:31pm 
Pages 22-23, section 1-8 of the manual shows an 6 8 pin connector labelled ATX_12V. This must be connected.

Hmm, first time I've seen a six pin, iirc.
Last edited by Silicon Vampire; Jan 31, 2013 @ 3:36pm
My Gypsy Jan 31, 2013 @ 3:32pm 
Originally posted by _I_:
its bewteen the back panel and the heatsink near teh cpu

make sure to use the 4+4 pin connector not a 6+2 connector
http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/eps4plus4.jpg

this is for the gpu
http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/pcie6plus2.jpg

Yeah I have that connected aswell

Response to Silicon Vampire: Yeah that and the other ATX were one the first things I plugged into the motherboard.
Last edited by My Gypsy; Jan 31, 2013 @ 3:36pm
Showing 1-15 of 47 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 31, 2013 @ 2:08pm