Ez a téma zárolásra került
Windows 8 & Steam/Games
I've upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 8. Which has resulted in some games not working in various ways.

I was wondering if anyone else encountered any problems like this?

For example. My Mortal Kombat game goes to the Start screeen, and every single button on the keyboard/joypad doesn't work.
My BioShock2 game starts then closes after a millisecond.
My Railroad Tycoon 2 game tries to find the game from the CD/DVD drives first before playing the game.

Most of my problems are similar to the BioShock2 game. But I've got over 100 games and I could encounter a lot more different problems.

Deleting the content and reinstalling the games doesn't work nor does verifying the game content not work.

A real solution is needed.

Has anyone had these types of problems with Windows 8 and got their games fixed?
< >
1623/23 megjegyzés mutatása
I have no problems with windows 8 and gaming, but i personally refuse to bu any games with gfwl on it. I did hear you need to install gfwl b4 you install those games tho, maybe give that a shot.
yeah i just got win8 on my new pc for xmas and dont get gta4 on it. it uses GFWL... :c
Windows 8.1 is almost not suitable for play.
Need me to come back to Windows 7.
Never had single problems with games. Only that GFWL needed that little fix.
I haven't had many problems (only Sacred games needing some tinkering to get them to work, not sure if it was Windows 8 issue though) with Steam games. I did fresh install of Windows 8 (x64) and not upgrade from earlier OS. After updating it to 8.1 some programs & games gave error message on first start after the update but they have been working just fine afterwards.
rad87gn eredeti hozzászólása:
Win 7 64. <- that is the key. That is the best OS right now for gaming.

Thats just not true. Look on the interwebs and you will see that windows 8 performs better then windows 7 when benchmarking hardware.

I have no problems with any of my games in windows 8. At it's core windows 8 is windows 7 with gui changes. Windows 8 has improved memory management.

Jayrex eredeti hozzászólása:
It feels like a backward step, going from vista to wins8 then to wins7. I guess I might not have any other way around this. Wins8 is quick and better than any OS I've had in the past. But for games. I'm not sure. It can do Net 3.5 & Net 4.5 at the same time, so that's useful. Aside from that, I'm thinking I may have to delete the games, and avoid any games connected with GFWL .

GFWL is now offically dead. I dont know about all games that use GFWL, but the first two batman games no longer use it. If you have the first two batman games uninstall and reinstall and GFWL will be gone.
Legutóbb szerkesztette: rotNdude; 2013. dec. 27., 8:51
< >
1623/23 megjegyzés mutatása
Laponként: 1530 50

Közzétéve: 2013. márc. 31., 3:55